Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 636
  1. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He left Willem because he didn’t like the technical or medical staff, don’t think he be impressed by TFC’s.
    And Frank De Boer left The Netherlands because of the stress.

    The dude’s record was pretty awful.

  2. #572
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And Frank De Boer left The Netherlands because of the stress.

    The dude’s record was pretty awful.
    His record at Willem was 6-3-6, and they weren’t relegated, which is where they were heading. I’m not saying that is great, but it’s better than 1-2-7. Seems mean to compare him to De Boer, lol.

  3. #573
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    His record at Willem was 6-3-6, and they weren’t relegated, which is where they were heading. I’m not saying that is great, but it’s better than 1-2-7. Seems mean to compare him to De Boer, lol.
    I wasn't aware he was only on the back end.

    Probably mean to compare anyone to De Boer, who is just dire.

  4. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/na...streak-3925841

    Let's see if it has any effect.

    Second public step he's taken this week, after first calling out some work ethic.

    I know I'm clutching for miracle straws that the guy will figure this shit out rapidly enough, three years into head coaching, but I'd still rather he succeed than fail.

  5. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/na...streak-3925841

    Let's see if it has any effect.

    Second public step he's taken this week, after first calling out some work ethic.

    I know I'm clutching for miracle straws that the guy will figure this shit out rapidly enough, three years into head coaching, but I'd still rather he succeed than fail.
    Can’t say that article gives me much hope for tomorrow’s game, especially:

    "We basically drew a line in the sand, just saying 'This is it. We can't do it any more,'" he added. "We have a way that we started to train this week where it's going to eliminate those mistakes. That was one of the good things to see that some of the things that we've trained on have changed, so there's no way that the same mistakes can even be made.

    What could they possibly do in training in one week that would eliminate stupid mistakes?

  6. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Can’t say that article gives me much hope for tomorrow’s game, especially:

    "We basically drew a line in the sand, just saying 'This is it. We can't do it any more,'" he added. "We have a way that we started to train this week where it's going to eliminate those mistakes. That was one of the good things to see that some of the things that we've trained on have changed, so there's no way that the same mistakes can even be made.

    What could they possibly do in training in one week that would eliminate stupid mistakes?
    If you had some miracle method to eliminating all mistakes in their entirety, why the fuck did you wait until you were tied for last in the league? Moreover, if you have this brilliant solution why are you still coaching in MLS?

    I'm so done with this asshat. On the brightside from the comments this week is that he nailed himself to this cross if we lose to DC tomorrow.

  7. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Can’t say that article gives me much hope for tomorrow’s game, especially:

    "We basically drew a line in the sand, just saying 'This is it. We can't do it any more,'" he added. "We have a way that we started to train this week where it's going to eliminate those mistakes. That was one of the good things to see that some of the things that we've trained on have changed, so there's no way that the same mistakes can even be made.

    What could they possibly do in training in one week that would eliminate stupid mistakes?
    Change the coach, haha.

    But that aside, the apt comment somebody made a little while ago was being a possession team suited this group for multiple reasons. The first was the skill of our players. The second was to minimize the amount of defending we had to do.

    Armas had a system that doesn’t suit our roster. And once that plan fell apart he’s been grasping at straws week-to-week. To me it looks like they are angling to deflect attention on to the players if the losing continues. Talking about stopping mistakes and all that crap.

    Was anybody going to call out the coach for playing guys out of position or telling our CM’s to push up so far it leaves our glacially slow CB exposed?

  8. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Armas prepping his excuses already.
    "They're hard to beat, they're hard to score on. They're a team that comes with energy. They're a team that high-presses. They foul a lot, No. 1 in the league in fouls committed (174)."

    This is the first coach I've ever heard who uses the excuse of fouls. If they give you tons of free kicks, why not take advantage. That's his biggest fear, fouls. We can't beat them because they foul. Not skill.

  9. #579
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=jloome;1937998]https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/na...streak-3925841

    Looks like he is already lining up his excuses saying DC is the highest fouling team in the league.

    Also Morrow out with back injury and DeLeon too with thigh (did they even play recently?) So more injuries in practice I guess?

    Edit- hah guess you beat me to it lol

  10. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fun game for everyone: Guess if Armas said the following in 2020 (NYRB) or 2021 (TFC).

    "Look, who we are will not change," said head coach Chris Armas after the match. "We’re a team that can all-out press, we can defend in a midblock, and you see that teams either bypass it, hit long balls, hit big diagonals ... or sit back and look to counter."


    We understand now that it’s pretty straightforward. We’re going to see how good we can become at playing against a low block and unlocking back lines, and then dealing with transitions and set pieces."

  11. #581
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fun game for everyone: Guess if Armas said the following in 2020 (NYRB) or 2021 (TFC).

    "Look, who we are will not change," said head coach Chris Armas after the match. "We’re a team that can all-out press, we can defend in a midblock, and you see that teams either bypass it, hit long balls, hit big diagonals ... or sit back and look to counter."


    We understand now that it’s pretty straightforward. We’re going to see how good we can become at playing against a low block and unlocking back lines, and then dealing with transitions and set pieces."
    Yeah, but had he developed this miracle error elimination method there? I say thee nay! All will be proven tomorrow when we make no mistakes leading to easy goals.

    More likely, he's just told the players that anyone who exit passes our defensive zone into traffic in the middle of the pitch is going to sit the following week, which is neither miraculous nor likely to work.

  12. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Armas has to be sacked ASAP! They are completely disorganized on the field and the high press has not worked at all. They should also sack the management that hired him in the first place. We are the worst football club in the world.
    Last edited by SKB; 07-03-2021 at 05:11 PM.

  13. #583
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    21,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Come one. He has fucked the year already, he has to go NOW.

  14. #584
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Armas is an idiot. Inept as a coach. Individual evaluated - lock the thread.

  15. #585
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Chris Armas is now stuffing his pipe with the 500 page super genius plan.

  16. #586
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm officially on fire Armas wagon.

    I've tried to be fair, but now I just can't. I've had enough incompetence

    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

    I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

    And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

    -Eduardo Galeano

  17. #587
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If he's not out by Wednesday, there is a SERIOUS problem between Curtis & Manning

  18. #588
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sec 126
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'm officially on fire Armas wagon.

    I've tried to be fair, but now I just can't. I've had enough incompetence
    likewise, I told my friends to be patient but tonight’s effort was horrible. Please fire him.

  19. #589
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If he's not out by Wednesday, there is a SERIOUS problem between Curtis & Manning
    Honestly, TFC must fire him TONIGHT.

  20. #590
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    Honestly, TFC must fire him TONIGHT.
    Preferably before any interviews with media. Manning needs to be front and cenrte.

  21. #591
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chris Armas. Who you get when Preki isn't available.

  22. #592
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    Honestly, TFC must fire him TONIGHT.

    They really should fire him before he has to face the media after this game just to spare him the embarrassment.

  23. #593
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They really should fire him before he has to face the media after this game just to spare him the embarrassment.
    I bet they cancel media availability, or just have the kit man answer questions about the uniforms.

  24. #594
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I bet they cancel media availability, or just have the kit man answer questions about the uniforms.

    I actually LIKE our home uniform this year. Looking forward to seeing it in August. Might be really cheap too....

  25. #595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If they like him they'll give him the choice ... quit right now or you're fired ...

  26. #596
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Curtis wants a chance of staying on he has to fire him in the next 24 hours. Needs to show he can put past relationships aside and do what needs to be done.

  27. #597
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well he's doing the interviews but by the sounds of the tweets, its a dead man walking sort of thing.


    Yup, do not take anything he says in these pressers seriously anymore. He has his view. He is the answer. We've all heard it - we all have enough evidence to know whether we believe that or not anymore.

    Its up to Management to finally step up & come to terms with whether they feel that way still.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-03-2021 at 07:25 PM.

  28. #598
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Armas: Maybe it's me. Next tweet. Nope it's not me.


  29. #599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too late to quit. I say fire him immediately and announce Jozy Altidore as the interm coach ... He was the first TFC employee to have the foresight to see that Armas didn't have a clue and told him so ... lol

  30. #600
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why are they letting him interview, or hang him to dry. Just fire him now.

    This is extremely unprofessional on Manning/Ali's part.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •