Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - May 7-9

All game times are kickoff as per MLS

Games in Red are worth watching IMHO - as per usual YMMV

Friday

San Jose @ RSL 9:38pm - very hipster in an early season sort of way - SJE man marking vs. a team who can pass REALLY well

Saturday

Philly @ Chicago 1:08pm - Philly put everything into their CCL game & might not have much in the tank - the Fire are, once again, not all that good though

DCU @ Columbus 1:38pm - We play CBus on Wednesday - the CCL loss was with a lot of subs - DCU has been inconsistent but they have a new coach - lots of pundits saying CBus is going to dominate this season - if so, this is the sort of game they should win
    I'ma going to duel screen this match with ours

New England @ Nashville 1:38pm - NER looks very good at home (surprise surprise) Nashville with their 4th straight home match but the first 3 have been draws - Nashville putting out more offence this year but can't stop the one off goals that they did last year - I'm a thinking another draw

Montreal "@" Vancouver 3:08pm - speaking of early season hipster teams - if you didn't look at the standing and trusted the pundits, you'd think Montreal is a BIG ask for VCWC to beat - the difference is 1 point over 3 games Vancouver can't score but Montreal can't defend

Houston @ Dallas 3:50pm - yeah, I just can't really care about these 2 teams that look destined to by where they are now in the standings - 7th & 8th

NYCFC @ Orlando 6:00pm - Always a kooky one (Florida man trying to distract Villa taking a penalty comes to mind) We play these 2 teams in the next 2 weeks.

LAFC @ LAG 8:05pm - ElTraffico a bit spicy with no Vela this time but still a much better attack then LAG's defence. Given the comaradarie LAG is trying to instill, I fully expect this one to get nasty about 20 minutes in & for a fight to break out in the second half

Minnesota @ Colorado 10:08pm - Loons were dark horse west contenders, as were the Rapids. Not working out that way so far.

Sunday

Atlanta @ Miami 1:08pm - A test of whether either of these big name coaches are actually any good.

Seattle @ Portland 3:13pm - One of those games people tell you you should watch (they self describe this as the biggest rivalry in MLS) but then that's because it means a lot to those fans - not to me. There's nothing here that intrigues me, to be honest.

Austin @ SKC 7:55pm - Austin is kinda fun to watch in an earnest sort of way but I get the feeling Vermes is just going to have his team kick them to death
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-07-2021 at 12:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat little thing MLS is doing this year - page saying what kit each team is using that week

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-m...for-mls-week-4

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL goal by Rubin....that's a special one.

USL player last year getting his shot & banging them in so far

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm convinced Chris Wondolowski uses black magic to score so many tap in goals
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like defenders just forget about him.

This is 8 years ago

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Orlando vs Nycfc

First time in 7 years where I think we are so f***ed compared to the rest of the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Watching Orlando vs Nycfc

First time in 7 years where I think we are so f***ed compared to the rest of the league
    My anger has subsided considerably in the past few hours. But, I will say, looking around the league, some of the football out there looks quite good (maybe that’s the positive way of putting it, haha)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm....Austin doing things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Stroud is an NYRB player that Armas developed ...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat little thing MLS is doing this year - page saying what kit each team is using that week

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-m...for-mls-week-4
    That’s a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm....Austin doing things

they lost due to a stupid red to Ring,but they look way more organized than we do right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano