Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - May 7-9

All game times are kickoff as per MLS

Games in Red are worth watching IMHO - as per usual YMMV

Friday

San Jose @ RSL 9:38pm - very hipster in an early season sort of way - SJE man marking vs. a team who can pass REALLY well

Saturday

Philly @ Chicago 1:08pm - Philly put everything into their CCL game & might not have much in the tank - the Fire are, once again, not all that good though

DCU @ Columbus 1:38pm - We play CBus on Wednesday - the CCL loss was with a lot of subs - DCU has been inconsistent but they have a new coach - lots of pundits saying CBus is going to dominate this season - if so, this is the sort of game they should win
    I'ma going to duel screen this match with ours

New England @ Nashville 1:38pm - NER looks very good at home (surprise surprise) Nashville with their 4th straight home match but the first 3 have been draws - Nashville putting out more offence this year but can't stop the one off goals that they did last year - I'm a thinking another draw

Montreal "@" Vancouver 3:08pm - speaking of early season hipster teams - if you didn't look at the standing and trusted the pundits, you'd think Montreal is a BIG ask for VCWC to beat - the difference is 1 point over 3 games Vancouver can't score but Montreal can't defend

Houston @ Dallas 3:50pm - yeah, I just can't really care about these 2 teams that look destined to by where they are now in the standings - 7th & 8th

NYCFC @ Orlando 6:00pm - Always a kooky one (Florida man trying to distract Villa taking a penalty comes to mind) We play these 2 teams in the next 2 weeks.

LAFC @ LAG 8:05pm - ElTraffico a bit spicy with no Vela this time but still a much better attack then LAG's defence. Given the comaradarie LAG is trying to instill, I fully expect this one to get nasty about 20 minutes in & for a fight to break out in the second half

Minnesota @ Colorado 10:08pm - Loons were dark horse west contenders, as were the Rapids. Not working out that way so far.

Sunday

Atlanta @ Miami 1:08pm - A test of whether either of these big name coaches are actually any good.

Seattle @ Portland 3:13pm - One of those games people tell you you should watch (they self describe this as the biggest rivalry in MLS) but then that's because it means a lot to those fans - not to me. There's nothing here that intrigues me, to be honest.

Austin @ SKC 7:55pm - Austin is kinda fun to watch in an earnest sort of way but I get the feeling Vermes is just going to have his team kick them to death
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-07-2021 at 12:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat little thing MLS is doing this year - page saying what kit each team is using that week

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-m...for-mls-week-4

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL goal by Rubin....that's a special one.

USL player last year getting his shot & banging them in so far

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm convinced Chris Wondolowski uses black magic to score so many tap in goals
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like defenders just forget about him.

This is 8 years ago

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Orlando vs Nycfc

First time in 7 years where I think we are so f***ed compared to the rest of the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Watching Orlando vs Nycfc

First time in 7 years where I think we are so f***ed compared to the rest of the league
    My anger has subsided considerably in the past few hours. But, I will say, looking around the league, some of the football out there looks quite good (maybe that’s the positive way of putting it, haha)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm....Austin doing things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Stroud is an NYRB player that Armas developed ...
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat little thing MLS is doing this year - page saying what kit each team is using that week

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-m...for-mls-week-4
    That’s a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm....Austin doing things

they lost due to a stupid red to Ring,but they look way more organized than we do right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano