Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine how embarrassing it would be to see them play like that in person at BMO? Embarrassing isn’t the right word. Maybe pissed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Obviously it is too early to start talking about firing Armas, but if we really are a "big team", how long do we give him if the poor results continue?
    Well, it depends how bad the results are. Short of pulling an Aron Winter I think we’re stuck with him for a while.

But playing like this pressure is only going to increase when the stadium opens. This style of play has no redeeming qualities when you don’t win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously it is too early to start talking about firing Armas, but if we really are a "big team", how long do we give him if the poor results continue?
    very valid question; i no longer find us to be a big team, rushed signing of Curtis who decided instead of looking for the best coaching candidate to bring in his buddy, i am having a very difficult time in supporting the management of our club and thus making it very difficult to support the club, i know i support the badge but the current methods arent working and its time we move on from Curtis/Armas, who are NYRB rejects; if they werent good enough for NYRB what makes me think they are good enough for TFC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0-10. Got to beat Aron Winter's "worst team in the world" start.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Poor lineup choices, poor organization. Tactically limited, underprepared. He didn’t even push them up to press high when we went down two.

Cant see it. Maybe I was premature dumping on him in week two, but nothing since has changed my mind. He’s Mo/Nelsen round three. (Mariner was so bad he doesn’t even make that company).
    Fair summary of season so far. Early doors yet, BUT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That wasn't fun to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the Armas we expected when we cheaped out on a coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No real positives to take from this match. We were set up to fail with the personnel choices and the strategy from the get go.

Deleon and Delgado were awful. We looked lost when we actually got the ball.

Hopefully this team can get healthy and things get better but it looks like we are in for some brutal football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most listless games I can remember watching, we laid an egg on every giveaway we forced in the first 30 minutes then did absolutely nothing of note the rest of the game.

Soteldo looks very talented, that's the only positive from today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    One of the most listless games I can remember watching, we laid an egg on every giveaway we forced in the first 30 minutes then did absolutely nothing of note the rest of the game.

Soteldo looks very talented, that's the only positive from today.
    That and Caden Clarke will be at Bayern Munich within three years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#ArmasOut

What a shambolic effort. Just painful to watch. No shape, no strategy, no energy. I know we have some of our best players out, but there is no excuse for what we have been seeing on the field so far this year. And I do lay a lot of it at Armas’ feet. He just seems out of his depth. I know they probably aren’t going to fire him so early in the season, but I think it should be on the table. I would bet that we are going to be having the same conversation about this team halfway through the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the sort of result that makes you think somebody is emailing the fat lady to see if she is able to sing in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    very valid question; i no longer find us to be a big team, rushed signing of Curtis who decided instead of looking for the best coaching candidate to bring in his buddy, i am having a very difficult time in supporting the management of our club and thus making it very difficult to support the club, i know i support the badge but the current methods arent working and its time we move on from Curtis/Armas, who are NYRB rejects; if they werent good enough for NYRB what makes me think they are good enough for TFC

Part that bothered me the most Is they both know each other prior to red bull days as stated my Curtis or Armas can't remember

Feels like old boys club in hockey.

Was a chance to do damage in CCL with right coach and timely signings

2019 was a anomaly of poz didn't make here never would make it that far

Feels like 2018 over again, bothers me most is the window with some of the guys.

Took almost two years to replace Seba, and they treated anyone with 1 year left like it was a NHL.

So many red flags .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#ArmasOut #CurtisOut #ManningOut you cannot hire your buddies without intention of getting proper results

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Mo was a NYRB reject. So now we've tripled down on that bet. I'm starting to get TFC PTSD flashbacks to the bad old days.
    Wow that's a very good point about Mo, I hadn't thought of that similarity. Sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Diego Alonso still out of a job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would describe that game as Paul Mariner sorts of bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo was a NYRB reject. So now we've tripled down on that bet. I'm starting to get TFC PTSD flashbacks to the bad old days.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the reasons i never supported hiring Curtis and/or Armas, these are the scariest days of our clubs history and just to go back and relapse on NYRB rejects, i am beyond frustrated, i support my city and my club but will have a very difficult time in supporting this poor management structure

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would wait a week & see what we look like against Columbus & NYC

By "discussion" I mean, "OK, this is where he's good & this is where he has no freaking clue". I'm not into "FIRE THIS GUY NOW" stuff as its way to early for that.

That having been said, of the 3 teams we play in the next week, NYRB is the one we SHOULD be beating, even without Osorio & Jozy & Poz & with Soteldo coming on at 60.

I changed my mind...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt know our slogan/motto "They will see red" was talking about us and getting mad and frustrated about the lack of positive results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I changed my mind...
    i had the impression, at times, that nyrb weren't playing against tfc, but against their former coach

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to the post game presser, Altidore's illness is something that some of the staff have too.

My guess is some of them are all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

armas will not last long if this continues.

the management will expect to make playoffs at a minimum, and we don't look close to winning a game.

i don't get that we "cheaped out" on a coach, considering we're actually investing in the squad. it was just lazy and stunk of "jobs for the boys".

Hopefully the team will be back in toronto when the new coach search starts so they dont have to recruit someone needing to relocate constantly, which surely lowers their options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They played like a team with problems in the room.

This Altidore thing has to end, one way or the other. Same with Laryea. Move them or shut it down.

It looks to me like they're not the only two who want out either.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-08-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a lot of bad and basically zero good in that second half but the worst might be the part where Armas decided to finally not play DeLeon out of position just so he could instead play our new DP out of position on his debut.

I'd be more angry if this wasn't the Armas I expected all along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we have one player tonight that we could rate more than a 5 out of 10 for their performance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our 7 games we have 12 goals against and 6 goals for, that is just not good enough. No cohesion and very little skill, Yeferson would be the only player with any skill on the pitch. I know we have injuries and all of the excuses, but WTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

move delgado before other teams realize how much of a garbage player he is,i dont wanna hear he is the engine in mid field.i rather have a young canadian make mistakes and learn,this guy has been the same for 5 years,maybe we can sucker vanney in picking him up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, start off by saying it could have been anyone and not picking on Auro. It feels like the team is in between systems. We pressure to get the ball, start up fast, Auro gets it 3/4 of the way down the pitch then stops and slows the game. Are they playing Armas ball or Vanney ball. When we do move fast, our passing is not direct and people have not been moving to get open and it has been pretty awful. We give it right back (that will take time). Delgado is fabulous, why are you playing him out of position, injuries or not.

Ayo and whomever else needs to convert, even in the Cruz game, much like tonight he took the ball at pace on the right edge of the box and didn’t dribble, didn’t stop and suck the defender in for contact and a penalty or even put his laces through it and just connect. Instead it was an average flubbed strike… that isn’t a guy going to Europe, or even the USMT. I really hope i am wrong.

Our defenders are used to MB coming back and supporting them… two at the back look very lonely and vulnerable.

This is completely different football and will take time, the problem we have is that we have taken 1 pt out of the 9pts we used to come to expect. We now face the top of the east in the next four games and we have little to no mojo. Going to be a potentially rough 4 weeks for Armas and Ali.

Good business on Lawrence but we needed the reinforcements before the season started. Still TFC “All for One”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Orlando City play organized, fluid attacking football in front of a healthy boisterous home crowd has me all sorts of jealous compared to our performance this afternoon.

Ugh.

We need a full, healthy starting 11 stat.