Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Ok, start off by saying it could have been anyone and not picking on Auro. It feels like the team is in between systems. We pressure to get the ball, start up fast, Auro gets it 3/4 of the way down the pitch then stops and slows the game. Are they playing Armas ball or Vanney ball. When we do move fast, our passing is not direct and people have not been moving to get open and it has been pretty awful. We give it right back (that will take time). Delgado is fabulous, why are you playing him out of position, injuries or not.

Ayo and whomever else needs to convert, even in the Cruz game, much like tonight he took the ball at pace on the right edge of the box and didn’t dribble, didn’t stop and suck the defender in for contact and a penalty or even put his laces through it and just connect. Instead it was an average flubbed strike… that isn’t a guy going to Europe, or even the USMT. I really hope i am wrong.

Our defenders are used to MB coming back and supporting them… two at the back look very lonely and vulnerable.

This is completely different football and will take time, the problem we have is that we have taken 1 pt out of the 9pts we used to come to expect. We now face the top of the east in the next four games and we have little to no mojo. Going to be a potentially rough 4 weeks for Armas and Ali.

Good business on Lawrence but we needed the reinforcements before the season started. Still TFC “All for One”.
    Basic rule when you push fullbacks high is one of the midfielders drop between the centre backs (or in Xhaka’s case, drop to the left side). This allows the CBs to better guard width on half space while not leaving the middle so vulnerable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t blame the players, although only Bradley and El Jefe looked competent. This is a coaching failure. The play was on for the forts 20 minutes or sao and then a disaster - like against Montréal and Vancouver. There is literally nothing to say for it, and on top of that it was very difficult indeed to discern what the “system” was or what the players were trying to accomplish. No wonder they were bad. I don’t give them a pass - Marky and Richie can be so much better, and Bono isn’t good enough - but at the heart of it was a complete coaching failure. It looked totally incompetent.

You want to press, follow the teams that do. Like Leeds. This team is so far from that it could be a different sport.

I am not entirely certain Lawrence Osorio Poz and Jozy fix this. Let alone if there are locker room issues as Ensco suggests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what worries me the most is that we need to up our game significantly to even be competitive. On today’s performance, we beat no-one. Not even Hamilton.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team couldn't rally for the Coach. New Jersey RedBull3 had a better plan.

Hope they can get up for the Trillium this week.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-09-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER