RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Florida Home Games

Not sure if I missed something but how on earth did TFC settle on a Florida home base?

Each year they dread having to play the one or two games in Orlando or Miami due to the oppressive heat that causes serious dehydration and cramps and below average play

There must be LITERALLY thousands of better options in the US northern states alone

Another head scratcher from a strange regime
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that there were many different reasons:
    - at the time of the decision, the weather was cold and Florida sounded much better than Connecticut (I heard that the players were not interested in returning)
    - where they are now, they get larger rooms, with better amenities (to allow for the families to join them)
    - training pitches that they are familiar with
    - many locations to play out of in smallish area and already set up for TV (the debacle with the Leon game not withstanding, that was a CONCACAF screw up)
    - fewer lost players/complications to international duty as the CONCACAF games were in Florida as well.
    - MLSE already had staff in Florida for the Raptors, so some economies of scale there.

But the main point probably was that they were hoping to be back at BMO by late May/early June (w/ no fans) before the real heat starts in Florida. NHL playoffs should be starting in early May