RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - April 23 - 25

Games I think worth watching in Red due to either being a couple of decent teams or a team to watch for our future - YMMV

Friday

Orlando @ Kansas City 7:55pm - We do play Orlando in about a month from now and then 2 weeks later but also some decent teams

Saturday

Cinci @ NYC 1:08pm - This game just screams "Watch the highlights", especially in the baseball ground abomination which we play in next month ....sigh

Montreal @ Nashville 2:08pm - Not really anything to make this interesting - catch the highlights

Dallas @ San Jose 3:50pm - Catch the 15 minutes package

Seattle @ LAFC 6:08pm - OK, this one might be worth a watch. Offence vs. pluck

Chicago @ Atlanta 8:08pm - Will Atlanta play some starters?

DCU @ NER 8:08pm - still can't watch an NER game on that pitch without cringing

RSL @ Minnesota 8:08pm - RSL's first game - Loons looked bad last week in Seattle

Miami @ Philly 8:08pm - Miami is putting themselves under way too much pressure and this week won't help

Austin @ Colorado 9:08pm - Austin, I kid you not, wants to play like Pep plays - Colorado wants to play like TFC...wait.....LAG do

Houston @ Portland 10:38pm - Houston should have tied with San Jose last week but Wondo missed a sitter from 2 feet - Portland couldn't break down Vancouver

Sunday

NYRB @ LAG 5:55pm - We play NYRB in 2 weeks, so worth a look for that & see if they can handle TFC West

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci gave up 5 goals on corners or free kicks - just horrible goalkeeping & defending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Higuain brothers have scored for Inter Miami tonight as they lead Philly 2-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Both Higuain brothers have scored for Inter Miami tonight as they lead Philly 2-1.

That was a VERY interesting result - Philly likely thinking about Tuesday in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicharito has 3 goals so far today 3-2 in 65th. minute LA 3 - NY Red Bulls right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit I was wrong. Victor Vasquez has has left in his tank and is doing the job for Vanney so far in LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher, formerly of TFCA, with his second assist of the season last night for Houston.

He’s 27 in a couple of days and this is basically his first real shot at an MLS gig. If this works out expect teams to start scouring USL a bit more for talent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA Galaxy, top of the table after Week 2. Who would have thunk it
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has instilled in LAG an identity that is creating chemistry as they go along. LAG had resisted that as a matter of course because Bruce Arena thinks its pointless & everybody else was just following along hoping that a superstar would make them great. As Vanney proved at TFC, you can have superstars (we may not realise it much but we had 4 in 2017) & an identity. And, if they allow Chicarito to play to his strengths without becoming the aimless crossing team they were last year (and looked in their first game), they might go somewhere.

&

Pump the brakes a bit here. Not only is it early but Miami & NYRB are teams a lot of people thought will not make the playoffs & those teams both put 2 past LAG. Their next 2 are Seattle & LAFC.

As somebody said on twitter tonight, Vasquez looks better sitting on his chair and passing the ball then Pirlo did. I don't think VV fits into our team but happy he's found a place to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I admit I was wrong. Victor Vasquez has has left in his tank and is doing the job for Vanney so far in LA
    Yep. And we could've had him back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano