Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This was just another bad game in Covid. I mean, really bad. I think there were 90 giveaways, one a minute, when you add up bad passes, totally unmarked players, and general howlers at the back.
    I recently watched a League 1 match (England) between two middle table teams (totally average teams!), just because I had a wager on that match. Otherwise of course I never ever watch England 3rd level matches, because why would I?

Now I am being very honest here: the level of play was clearly better than like in this TFC-Vancouver game, also the match was a lot more enjoyable. Which is shocking somehow (Or not?).

Just forget the excuses about being too hot, was just the 2nd game of the season, and half of TFC's first choice team was missing most of the match from the pitch. How can 2 MLS teams show such a poor level of football?

I really hope that Yefe didn't watch this match, because otherwise would be severely depressed for a while, lol...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 04-25-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Now I am being very honest here: the level of play was clearly better than like in this TFC-Vancouver game, also the match was a lot more enjoyable. Which is shocking somehow (Or not?).
    Yeah... but was it?

Go watch the Aussie A-League. They move the ball around competently like League One, as well.

I watch league one occasionally and the A-league and they often look more organized than an MLS game; but the reason players from those leagues generally crap out in MLS is because it's all at lower speed, with less athleticism and less pressure.

Then go watch Barnsley FC play; they play the high press, middle block like a lot of MLS teams and it's like watching ping-pong, there's so little ball control.

They'd still crush most of the teams in League One on individual talent, but it looks like shit. If you were to watch the average Barnsley match (they won with two shots on the weekend) you would assume the level was lower than League One.

Go watch women's pro football. It will also look like it has a better "level of play" because of organized build up and accurate passing.... none of which would mean squat if they were playing against MLS teams.

Then go watch the MLS highlight package from last weekend and show me a comparable reel from League One.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, MLS, when in form, is mid table Championship level in terms of quality of play. I base this on the ability to find spaces & pass the ball.

But, lets be honest about this, MLS this year is just starting its season, in the second year of covid, with all teams having hap hazard preseasons - the play is crud because its going to be so.

TFC would have even more issues due to the coaching change &, just as importantly, the loss for a few weeks of the one offseason sense of stability - the training program.

I honestly think the worst games we will play this season are over this few weeks stretch, without Poz & Osorio who set up a LOT of this teams qualities.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-25-2021 at 02:12 PM.