Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 2 - VCWC "@" TFC - Saturday April 24 3:08pm - Why do you come here

The weakness in me

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody playing Cruz Azul Tuesday has to either (i) sit out or (ii) if you are Michael Bradley, play 45 minutes maximum.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just would like to confirm how idiotic it is to have a game of footy at 3pm in Orlando: 31 degrees feeling like 33, pretty big risk of thunderstorm (which is common for the area for that time). Instead of evening when it will be 27 or less; no sun beating down; 0% chance of precipitation which means it will feel much less oppressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anybody playing Cruz Azul Tuesday has to either (i) sit out or (ii) if you are Michael Bradley, play 45 minutes maximum.
    Hahahahaha. I am actually convinced that Bradley intimidates his coaches into playing him every minute of every game. The guy is a warrior. Unfortunately at 33 he needs to cut back those minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck is with this idiotic programming of TFC matches?
    Our first match started at 2 PM and this one is at 3 PM ??!!

I am very angry at TFC management for not objecting this scheduling.
    I mean really? 2 games in row, and nested between our 2 CONCACAF champs matches with very little rest from and to?

Mind-boggling really...

/Rant Over/
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 04-21-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just would like to confirm how idiotic it is to have a game of footy at 3pm in Orlando: 31 degrees feeling like 33, pretty big risk of thunderstorm (which is common for the area for that time). Instead of evening when it will be 27 or less; no sun beating down; 0% chance of precipitation which means it will feel much less oppressive.
    On a more selfish note, I have to work until 6 that day. A game delayed until 6:30 would allow me to enjoy the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m having flashbacks of Aron Winter. Will the broader fan base accept slipping league form in return for CCL success played on a far flung, online-subscription only channel?

But otherwise, I almost feel like we should sand-bag this game just to flip MLS the bird. Start griffin dorsey as the lone striker.,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, it would be nice if someone talking to Manning these days would ask about this - I could SORT of see last week being done earlier because the Miami game next day but Orlando isn't even playing at home this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start time probably has to do with the game being on CTV. They’ve usually preferred afternoon games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the usual, “stay away from hockey and the Raptors” scheduling, I am sure. An hour later than last week just to pick up an extra 10K people in BC.

I could see the argument for giving Pozo some minutes, btw. But might like him to come on later.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the usual, “stay away from hockey and the Raptors” scheduling, I am sure. An hour later than last week just to pick up an extra 10K people in BC.

I could see the argument for giving Pozo some minutes, btw. But might like him to come on later.
    I am a naive simpleton when it comes to these matters and my ideas are probably misguided but I really loathe this scheduling.

You don’t have an audience because your time slots are bad. And your audience is low because you don't have a good time slot. Even worse, the quality of the product people see is impacted by the bad scheduling.

Something has to give...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish TFC had trained in Florida for those first couple of weeks instead of at Downsview so they'd be more used to the heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I hope there is a 4 way sub at about 60 minutes to bring in Osorio, Poz, Jozy and Mavinga (and take off Bradley/Delgado?), so they are ready to go for Tuesday. Very wishful thinking, but would be awesome to see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Start time probably has to do with the game being on CTV. They’ve usually preferred afternoon games.
    That's exactly it. CTV is not going to allow this match to interrupt their prime time schedule.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...they brought Bono out for the pressers today. Methinks he starts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm pretty sure there is going to be video of these pressers with with Davidson asking Armas "So, Chris, can you give us any update on the status..." but in the meantime...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Actually, I hope there is a 4 way sub at about 60 minutes to bring in Osorio, Poz, Jozy and Mavinga (and take off Bradley/Delgado?), so they are ready to go for Tuesday. Very wishful thinking, but would be awesome to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ok, I'm pretty sure there is going to be video of these pressers with with Davidson asking Armas "So, Chris, can you give us any update on the status..." but in the meantime...

The dream is alive!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mlsso...-injury-report

• OUT: Ifunanyachi Achara (left ACL surgery)
    • OUT: Julian Dunn (right hip osteochondral injury)
    • OUT: Erickson Gallardo (right groin surgery)
    • OUT: Chris Mavinga (left calf)
    • OUT: Alejandro Pozuelo (right thigh)
    • QUESTIONABLE: Jozy Altidore (right thigh)
    • QUESTIONABLE: Tsubasa Endoh (left athletic pubalgia

&

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was certain that we would win Montreal easily... So I'm glad with a draw on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to pick up on the game-time discussion with all of the mid-afternoon starts in scortching sun, from what I understand this is due to 2 factors:
    1. TFC is a tennant. Orlando gets first choice and that isn't just about prefered game time, it's also a consideration about pitch conditions. i.e. they also have to factor in time to repair the field before Orlando takes the field. This is also a consideration for Vancouver and Montreal as I understand it.
    2. MLS scheduling priorities. MLS isn't alone in this but the goal is to have matches staggered through the whole weekend (which is definitely a trend in world football). This will mean awkward starting times. Florida sun amplifies this but hey.. we're just about at the point where this becomes advantage TFC. Especially against Vancouver who've been training in Utah right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad about Poz. He was the iron man in past seasons.

I know there are some stupid reasons to have the game at 3pm in Orlando. They're still stupid especially at this time. Orlando FC isn't going to care if the game is at 3pm or 8pm on a weekend when they aren't even in Orlando. So much talk otherwise about player safety, the difficulty of playing "home" away from home, messed up off-season for multiple reasons, lots of injuries already. No TV station will benefit from more of the roster missing due to injuries or exhaustion. Misplaced priorities especially at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Oso. Treat it like a pre season. Oso on for MB at the half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I like this. Even earlier. 55 minutes EDIT: just saw the injury update. Oh well.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-24-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad about Poz. He was the iron man in past seasons.

I know there are some stupid reasons to have the game at 3pm in Orlando. They're still stupid especially at this time. Orlando FC isn't going to care if the game is at 3pm or 8pm on a weekend when they aren't even in Orlando. So much talk otherwise about player safety, the difficulty of playing "home" away from home, messed up off-season for multiple reasons, lots of injuries already. No TV station will benefit from more of the roster missing due to injuries or exhaustion. Misplaced priorities especially at this time.

SPot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has a deal with Freesports, the free over-the-air sports channel available across Europe, to televise blocks of games on Saturday. I suspect the scheduling is to respect that, as they get more viewers in a time zone six or seven hours ahead when the games start early.

For example, today Freesports is running MLS games from 330 EST to just after midnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson and DeLeon start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nelson and DeLeon start.
    No Priso or JMR in the 18 either.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.... a bench that looks better then the starting 11....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore, Osorio, Akinola all make the bench. Priso dropped completely from the squad.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...094883332?s=20

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!