Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wife and kids haven't come up to Toronto have they? From his wife's insta she appears to be with the kids either in Brazil or Venezuela.

Good cover for a move....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a fairly good chance none of our three current DPs are with us by the start of next season. Offers a real opportunity to a management team that knows what they're doing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think there is a fairly good chance none of our three current DPs are with us by the start of next season. Offers a real opportunity to a management team that knows what they're doing.
    Yes, I just hope we get the right management team in place at the right time to be making the right decisions. Especially as some contracts are ending, and other players may want out, you don't want to be saddled with more bad decisions with long-term implications by the current Keystone Cops. Also hoping to avoid more "transfersoap" by making moves at the right time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well, if this materializes, it’s just another nail in Curtis’s coffin (let’s face it, he’s already done).

I think this could tank Manning too. They had to go the board for this signing and to have this blow up on top of anything else, I can’t foresee anyone in management surviving this.
    I think that coffin mostly consists of nails by now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well, if this materializes, it’s just another nail in Curtis’s coffin (let’s face it, he’s already done).

I think this could tank Manning too. They had to go the board for this signing and to have this blow up on top of anything else, I can’t foresee anyone in management surviving this.
    In almost any club this would be the cherry on top that leads to a sacking. I hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even better - Wiebe at MLS has Soteldo down as TFC's newcomer of the year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If he does go back, TFC better get a transfer fee for him.
    Can you imagine. If Soteldo leaving for free wouldn’t get the whole front office sacked nothing would.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Can you imagine. If Soteldo leaving for free wouldn’t get the whole front office sacked nothing would.
    he's on a long contract and has a decent sell on value.

i reckon we could at least break even, if not turn a profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    MLSE lets Manning and Curtis do whatever they like so I think nothing will happen. Even the highest payroll in the league and dead last with barely any fans the other night doesn't seem to matter to MLSE.

I know I won't be watching anymore games in person until this s.hit is somehow fixed. And it won't begin to be fixed as long as Manning and Curtis are still here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, this is all based on one response that was more along the lines of "yeh, I'd like to come back"

For Pete's sake, Seba says the same thing every 3 months.

Soteldo played a different game, way more direct & was more engaged on Tuesday. Lets see what he is like on Saturday vs. a stiflingly good back line & with Poz around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Again, this is all based on one response that was more along the lines of "yeh, I'd like to come back"

For Pete's sake, Seba says the same thing every 3 months.

Soteldo played a different game, way more direct & was more engaged on Tuesday. Lets see what he is like on Saturday vs. a stiflingly good back line & with Poz around.
    Solteldo gets double/triple teamed as he has no one to play with. If Pozuelo wasn't hurt and we actually had a legit DP striker instead of Altidore collecting a paycheque from the comfort of his vacation house, and dead wood like Mullins and Dwyer and Achaara, he'd look very good.

#teamsolteldo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalgia lovers celebrate. I personally am not feeling this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

I thought this Schira guy is a professional bullshit salesman.

If this is true, it's a desperate tactic to keep/attract SSH for 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt believe anything out of his mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it is fake. No need for a positionless 35 year old on a roster that needs to get over 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a massive twitter thread highlighting Schira Bs.

https://twitter.com/millar_colin/sta...035714?lang=en

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably fake but if this happens then might as well wash away 2022 as well. Prof that nothing was learned and we're going to run back the same ol' 2017 nostaligia run for another year.

Cue the Ali Curtis "2021 was an aberration. We were one season removed from being a match from the supporters shield. It was expected our players would tire mentally as well as physically from playing away from home for a year and a half. It's a veteran squad full of winners and we feel Giovinco is the missing but of firepower we needed to compete and be a contender."

Then re-sign Perez, Gonzalez, Zavaleta and bring Altidore back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Probably fake but if this happens then might as well wash away 2022 as well. Prof that nothing was learned and we're going to run back the same ol' 2017 nostaligia run for another year.

Cue the Ali Curtis "2021 was an aberration. We were one season removed from being a match from the supporters shield. It was expected our players would tire mentally as well as physically from playing away from home for a year and a half. It's a veteran squad full of winners and we feel Giovinco is the missing but of firepower we needed to compete and be a contender."

Don't give Curtis any ideas...lol

Curtis went on and on during the start about his beloved Red Bulls started a season 0-6 and ended up in the playoffs as justification for pretending to see all the alarm bells during our horrendous start....que 3 months later and we are dead last and on pace for our worst season ever...all with the highest payroll in the league...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess if you want to go viral amongst TFC supporters with one last rumour that will forever finish you off as any kind of legitimate source of information, this is the one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

You literally just gave me nightmares for the foreseeable future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t image anything more shortsighted or ridiculous. If this happens, it’s a sure sign that the FO thinks TFC fans are a bunch of fucking disposable idiots. I imagine there would be a bump in attendance for the first game of two, but that’s about it. The absolute misery of a severely mismanaged team would kill that bump in short order.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I can’t image anything more shortsighted or ridiculous. If this happens, it’s a sure sign that the FO thinks TFC fans are a bunch of fucking disposable idiots. I imagine there would be a bump in attendance for the first game of two, but that’s about it. The absolute misery of a severely mismanaged team would kill that bump in short order.
    Because I still have a lot of early days TFC PTSD I am always weary of their old PR & ticket sales first, team success second mindset of the earlier dark years.

The fact this leaks (real or not) right around the time they would normally kick off their 2022 season ticket renewal/sales campaign makes me do the skeptical eyebrow raise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy has scored two goals total in the past two calender years in the friggin' Saudi league. Imagine the reaction to this news if his name was Josef Jiminez and not Sebastian Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy has scored two goals total in the past two calender years in the friggin' Saudi league. Imagine the reaction to this news if his name was Josef Jiminez and not Sebastian Giovinco.
    Josef Jiminez of Wolverhampton Wanderers?!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josef Jiminez of Wolverhampton Wanderers?!!!!
    Only if Josef brings Raul with him. Who now that I think about it might soon be getting to the point where he returns to North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seba comes back and plays poorly (because remember he’s 34) then not only will his legacy be permanently tarnished but the team will still have no buts in seats.

This is lazy and the WRONG move to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if Josef brings Raul with him. Who now that I think about it might soon be getting to the point where he returns to North America.
    Lol.

Have to see how his year goes this year. He hasn't looked like the player he was before the injury so far, at least in goal scoring, but Wolves have a nice schedule coming so we'll see. He might be a good DP target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol.

Have to see how his year goes this year. He hasn't looked like the player he was before the injury so far, at least in goal scoring, but Wolves have a nice schedule coming so we'll see. He might be a good DP target.
    At this point any DP target would be better than Altidore. There can't be a worse DP striker in all of MLS than Altidore...when you look at only scoring 4 goals in two years and how much he is paid for goal, ($2.5M CDN per goal the past two years) there can't be anyone worse. Well done Curtis/Manning...and we still have another year of this to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sure I would take Seba of were paying him in Canadian Tire money. 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure all the TFC journalists will be able to confirm or deny this rumor by December.