Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Here's a question: if it could be done, would you have any of the DPs back next season?

I would say no.
    Pozuelo is the one I sort of scratch my head about. Yes, he’s way off form but he’s the former league MVP and his game doesn’t rely on speed / pace / athleticism. So there shouldn’t be any physical reason why he cannot continue to be great.

The bigger question is if he’s motivated and still wants to play here.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-13-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Pozuelo is the one I sort of scratch my head about. Yes, he’s way off form but he’s the former league MVP and his game doesn’t rely on speed / pace / athleticism. So there shouldn’t be any physical reason why he cannot continue to be great.

The bigger question is if he’s motivated and still wants to play here.
    Yeah. I kinda think he wants out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I kinda think he wants out.
    That’s my impression too.

Maybe we could have kept him motivated if we actually signed someone for him to pass the ball to who can score instead of a luxury left winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question: if it could be done, would you have any of the DPs back next season?
    Jozy - obvious no. Team legend, but no where near DP status anymore. I'd take him back on a non-DP, non-TAM salary (~250k) and deal with the injury risk, but at a DP salary, an obvious no. (We're paying Mullins/Dwyer/DeLeon that type of money, so I'd be fine replacing one of them with Jozy. 10 games of Jozy is probably better than all of them combined)

Soteldo - No. I don't feel like he fits the team and hasn't impressed me. Skilled player yes. But skill does not equal need.

Pozuelo - Yes with asterisk. If he wants to stay and agrees to an extension (since next year is final year of contract), then yes. Proven MVP level player when healthy and still only 29. Has a few more years left of quality. If he wants to return to Europe though, I won't stand in the way and would like to get a transfer fee rather than to walk away for free in a year. So "Extension or Transfer" player in my eyes.
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Pozuelo - Yes with asterisk. If he wants to stay and agrees to an extension (since next year is final year of contract), then yes. Proven MVP level player when healthy and still only 29. Has a few more years left of quality. If he wants to return to Europe though, I won't stand in the way and would like to get a transfer fee rather than to walk away for free in a year. So "Extension or Transfer" player in my eyes.
    This description you gave brought back memories of the last year of the Seba contract and how that ended up going down as the year ticked on and there was no new deal in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This description you gave brought back memories of the last year of the Seba contract and how that ended up going down as the year ticked on and there was no new deal in place.
    In the very slight defence of our incompetent management team… even if you had the ability to extend him, would you want to? It’s not a slam dunk, that’s for sure

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Pozuelo is in Seville lmao

Ok, where do you see that? His instagram?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In the very slight defence of our incompetent management team… even if you had the ability to extend him, would you want to? It’s not a slam dunk, that’s for sure
    Yeah I get it. They waited a long time to offer him any kind of extension and by the end he wanted unreasonable terms because new offers were in place. Both sides at fault on how it fell apart and then he went for the money grab so if that was his sole motivation then go for it. Then TFC went for a crazy Altidore deal that we are still dealing with while he sits on the treatment table counting his money. Crazy days....glad I am not in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I agree with Perez's approach. He thinks the players are giving their all, but it doesn't seem to address the fact that they go into every game overconfident and make passes and plays that are arrogant, that assume they are better than they are, that are lower percentage and sloppy. That doesn't happen because guys lack confidence or have low moral, it happens because because they assume too much.

“I think it’s important that we are together everyday,” Perez said in a Zoom call on Monday. “But at the same time … there’s no point to beat up a team that is already down. I believe that everybody wants to do a good job and only ourselves we can get out of this situation. So it’s more about how you can give support and build the confidence of the players because at the end of the day, the games are coming very fast. We need to get these guys back very quickly in some kind condition to win games. So you try to give them the support that they need in order to get the performance and ultimately get the result, the points.”

He also said last week's choices up front were to generate more "bite" offensively, which... I mean, talk about painting a brave face onto a half-dead donkey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not sure I agree with Perez's approach. He thinks the players are giving their all, but it doesn't seem to address the fact that they go into every game overconfident and make passes and plays that are arrogant, that assume they are better than they are, that are lower percentage and sloppy. That doesn't happen because guys lack confidence or have low moral, it happens because because they assume too much.
    I think Perez is as bad or worse than Armas. Biggest difference is that Armas obviously lost the room and rubbed guys the wrong way. After seeing what I've seen after he was sacked, they deserved it.

Perez is like back when I was in grade school and a dickhead teacher was off so a floater substitute filled in. Everyone was happy and things looked good if you popped your head in the classroom door for a minute but there was certainly no learning or work being done. That's where we are now and it shows. We're in recess for the rest of 2021 and until the bell rings and a new teacher comes in, it's just more pick up soccer and floating for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Perez is as bad or worse than Armas. Biggest difference is that Armas obviously lost the room and rubbed guys the wrong way. After seeing what I've seen after he was sacked, they deserved it.

Perez is like back when I was in grade school and a dickhead teacher was off so a floater substitute filled in. Everyone was happy and things looked good if you popped your head in the classroom door for a minute but there was certainly no learning or work being done. That's where we are now and it shows. We're in recess for the rest of 2021 and until the bell rings and a new teacher comes in, it's just more pick up soccer and floating for TFC.
    How do you square that analysis with him benching Jozy and MB?

I tend to think jloome is closer to the Mark - we think we are far better than we are so we play arrogantly, and in an ill disciplined way. Perez isnt the cause of this. Might not be the solution either - but he isn't the cause

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz was in training 4 days ago. He posted an Instagram story tagged to Seville, but it seemed like he was just sharing a photo rather than one he took.
    His wife also posted an Instagram story today of her and their youngest child, no Poz shown. I don’t think he’s in Spain (although perhaps his mind is).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    How do you square that analysis with him benching Jozy and MB?

I tend to think jloome is closer to the Mark - we think we are far better than we are so we play arrogantly, and in an ill disciplined way. Perez isnt the cause of this. Might not be the solution either - but he isn't the cause
    That was the shortest lived, longest lasting, positively viewed benching ever. It was like a teacher sending one big mouth into the hall for the rest of class then bringing him back for the next period.

Along the same analogy; the substitute teacher isn't the cause of kids bring bad, lazy, and not working either. It's that they don't respect that person enough to listen and do what they know they should be doing. Clearly our players don't respect Perez as shown in their arrogance, poor discipline, and general apathy towards horrendous mistakes and losing. Or option B, Perez is as clueless as Armas and it's like gym practice out there and the players are running the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the shortest lived, longest lasting, positively viewed benching ever. It was like a teacher sending one big mouth into the hall for the rest of class then bringing him back for the next period.

Along the same analogy; the substitute teacher isn't the cause of kids bring bad, lazy, and not working either. It's that they don't respect that person enough to listen and do what they know they should be doing. Clearly our players don't respect Perez as shown in their arrogance, poor discipline, and general apathy towards horrendous mistakes and losing. Or option B, Perez is as clueless as Armas and it's like gym practice out there and the players are running the show.
    It was short lived because Ralph Priso got badly hurt on a delayed offside.

I’m not as anti Perez as you. I’m anti Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annnnd... same outlet is now saying an investment group wants to buy Soteldo to sell to a Turkish club, in a January window move. I dunno, might just be shit. No sources whatsoever.

https://strikers.futbol/cracks/Yefer...0913-0025.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if we lose all three DPs and have to rely on Ali Curtis to find more. It would literally take two years to fill all three spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having no DP's at the start of next year is a blessing in disguise.

If the board has any sense at all they will realize we need a new president and a top manager with pedigree. These sorts of guys love a rebuild job and spending money, you will get neither with a roster that's bloated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was short lived because Ralph Priso got badly hurt on a delayed offside.

I’m not as anti Perez as you. I’m anti Manning.
    As for Perez, our team needs done to them what Wolfe did to Austin and his comments could be cut & pasted for is too:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/compl...fter-latest-de

Perez doesn't have that in him. I'm tired of hearing everyone gave everything they had and since they're sticking together, they'll figure out a way to turn this around. Our players don't deserve to be mollycoddled. Since we're going to have some of the current squad next season unfortunately, we need a manager with some clout and the guts to dress down the squad when needed because they deserve it.

Also Griffin Dorsey scored.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 09-14-2021 at 06:04 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, please don't compare ourselves to Austin.

Seattle

Atlanta

Austin

All of them believe they invented MLS the day their team arrived - only difference is Austin has crappy ownership who has no clue how to build a team.

A proper roster rebuild takes 2 seasons to get right. Perez isn't the guy to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Perez, our team needs done to them what Wolfe did to Austin and his comments could be cut & pasted for is too:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/compl...fter-latest-de

Perez doesn't have that in him. I'm tired of hearing everyone gave everything they had and since they're sticking together, they'll figure out a way to turn this around. Our players don't deserve to be mollycoddled. Since we're going to have some of the current squad next season unfortunately, we need a manager with some clout and the guts to dress down the squad when needed because they deserve it.

Also Griffin Dorsey scored.
    We don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

But jloome is right that the “we are too good for this” has to stop. It’s more “we are very poor. We’ve got to start with the basics - organization and hard work”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, please don't compare ourselves to Austin.
    I'm not really because they're better than us at a third of the cost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

But jloome is right that the “we are too good for this” has to stop. It’s more “we are very poor. We’ve got to start with the basics - organization and hard work”
    True we don't know what he says but no matter what he says seems our players don't listen or care.

And jloome is right except I am saying that a manager with a strong presence could have knocked that out of them somewhat. This veteran line up obviously shouldn't need teaching and starting back at the basics. They needed someone they had to respect to tell them they're poor and it's because of bad attitudes and an unwillingess to give 90 minutes of hard work & focus that they're trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And jloome is right except I am saying that a manager with a strong presence could have knocked that out of them somewhat. This veteran line up obviously shouldn't need teaching and starting back at the basics. They needed someone they had to respect to tell them they're poor and it's because of bad attitudes and an unwillingess to give 90 minutes of hard work & focus that they're trash.
    I don’t know. It would appear to me some of these soldiers have seen too many battles and have no fight left.

I don’t think Perez is the go-forward manager but I also don’t view him as a huge issue at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo frustrated, wants to return to Brazil
    https://www.torcedores.com/noticias/...-palmeiras/amp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he does go back, TFC better get a transfer fee for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Soteldo frustrated, wants to return to Brazil
    https://www.torcedores.com/noticias/...-palmeiras/amp
    See ya ..and take 6 to 8 other guys with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    See ya ..and take 6 to 8 other guys with you
    Yup. I'm with you. Decent player, good skills, but never a fit here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If he does go back, TFC better get a transfer fee for him.
    the curtis hits jus keep on coming,i doubt they get back for what they paid for him,i dont want this donkey curtis anywhere near this rebuild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if this materializes, it’s just another nail in Curtis’s coffin (let’s face it, he’s already done).

I think this could tank Manning too. They had to go the board for this signing and to have this blow up on top of anything else, I can’t foresee anyone in management surviving this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article is just a rehash of the other one. On its own, cannot take much from it. But has the ring of truth