Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Speculation

Shaff is down there permanently because Perez thinks he is not going to show enough in training to garner game time with the main squad but is worth keeping around getting time to look at again next season. Its a decision based on who is doing what in training.
    my unnerving thought this morning was that this is to get a roster slot, to sign Seba, so they have to say “for the season.”

its the kind of hare-brained, reactionary move these guys would make, even though Seba has clearly lost too much to impact this level. He relied on speed, in part, and without it is pushed off the ball too easily. He’s not Vasquez, who didn’t require great mobility to peg the ball all,over the place.

It would be a nice-but-useless gesture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    my unnerving thought this morning was that this is to get a roster slot, to sign Seba, so they have to say “for the season.”

its the kind of hare-brained, reactionary move these guys would make, even though Seba has clearly lost too much to impact this level. He relied on speed, in part, and without it is pushed off the ball too easily. He’s not Vasquez, who didn’t require great mobility to peg the ball all,over the place.

It would be a nice-but-useless gesture.
    Hoping it's just because we're switching Soteldo to a forward position and if we run a 4-4-2 then we wouldn't need wingers and Schaff wouldn't play. Also a TFC2 playoff run would be better than a TFC death march to October for Schaff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hoping it's just because we're switching Soteldo to a forward position and if we run a 4-4-2 then we wouldn't need wingers and Schaff wouldn't play. Also a TFC2 playoff run would be better than a TFC death march to October for Schaff.
    Yeah, I mean... most iterations of our formations on this board that people see as realistic seem to involve five at the back and wingbacks, so maybe that's what they're doing. It's a lot of commitment. Still weird wording, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie struggling tonight so far for Canada too. He is off this year; not sure why but he has been off mentally all season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Richie struggling tonight so far for Canada too. He is off this year; not sure why but he has been off mentally all season.
    Probably all the transfer to Europe talk over the winter that led to nothing. He was probably believing all his press and when nobody came with an offer it left a mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Richie played well.

Soteldo tells Santos fan instagram event he'll "be back soon" as the club.

Pretty nebulous, the way it's written. He could mean next week, he could mean four years down the line. This is a google translation

"Yeferson Soteldo participated in a live on Instagram with the young Angelo and left the Santos fans excited. In conversation with the young striker, the Venezuelan, who left Santos in April this year, promised that he will return to the club in Alvinegro soon.Angelo, who has been with the Brazilian Under-17 team since last week, told Soteldo, now at Toronto FC, Canada, that he should return to Santos, to which the Venezuelan replied: "I'll be back there soon. little. You know that the son always comes home, right? I'm already back," he promised.

Santos traded Soteldo to Toronto FC, from Canada, the team that plays in the Eastern Conference of Major League Soccer (MLS), for US$ 6 million (about R$ 33.1 million at the time) for 75% of the player's economic rights . With the transfer, the club got rid of the punishment imposed by FIFA, precisely because of the debt to Huachipato, from Chile, for the purchase of the Venezuelan striker in 2019, and was able to hire again. The Brazilian team still had to pay US$ 500 thousand (R$ 2.7 million) to pay the total amount with the Chilean team, divided into installments.

Soteldo, 24, is featured in MLS and also in Venezuela. The short man is with his country's national team playing in the triple round of the South American Qualifiers for the World Cup in Qatar. At Santos, he was the number 10 shirt for two seasons and scored 20 goals in 104 matches.

In crisis, Santos fired Fernando Diniz on Sunday and the board searches the market in search of a new technician. Fábio Carille, former coach of Corinthians, and Rogério Ceni, São Paulo's idol, are the most highly rated names. Both are without a club. The team dropped to 13th place in the Brasileirão, with 22 points."

https://www.google.com/search?q=Toro...&bih=639&dpr=1
    Last edited by jloome; 09-06-2021 at 11:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, that sounds like a "always will love my former team" sort of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Take: I think we should sell Pozuelo in the winter transfer market.

His contract is up next year, and I think it makes no sense to offer another DP contract for a 30+ player.

As a club TFC needs to be ruthless and learn from the Seba mistake.

Once all the dead wood is gone, Altidore bought out, well have a couple DP slots for the new manager to play with. If we don't do that we won't attract the better managers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

His contract is up next year, and I think it makes no sense to offer another DP contract for a 30+ player.
    If this was the call of our new GM & manager I wouldn't be against it but after the way Poz has played this year we wouldn't get much of anything if we got any offers at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah nobody is paying anything for a year of Pozo at $8M …. if anything we are looking at a buyout there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah nobody is paying anything for a year of Pozo at $8M …. if anything we are looking at a buyout there.
    Well… no way they gets done. If he plays well for the first half the year maybe he gets moved / signs a deal with another club in the summer.

He’s not that far removed from a great run of form. Also plays a style where you’d be a little bit less concerned about aging vs. some other spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wrote this about 15 minutes in. He got better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

As a club TFC needs to be ruthless and learn from the Seba mistake.

Once all the dead wood is gone, Altidore bought out, well have a couple DP slots for the new manager to play with. If we don't do that we won't attract the better managers.
    When we brought in Soteldo I said much the same thing and was laughed off the boards. “He is the MVP” etc etc. my point then, and it’s still valid, is that the team is horribly unbalanced We are all midfield, and Soteldo and Poz both need the ball all the time to be their best. However, when MB wasn’t playing, this was less true as his need for the ball wasn’t there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tweet has already been deleted. What did it say? And who ordered the deletion?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci's whole back line individually make more than the 2 Seattle CBs combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players who should stay next season:
    Osorio
    Laryea
    Delgado
    Pozuelo
    Soteldo
    Priso
    Okello
    Achara
    JMR
    Perruzza
    Nelson
    Singh
    Akinola
    Shaffelburg

Everyone else needs to go. What a complete wash.

Edit: Oh and the armband needs to go to someone with some fire instead of another fucking zen master like Bradley.
    Last edited by portu; 09-12-2021 at 01:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Players who should stay next season:
    Osorio
    Laryea
    Delgado
    Pozuelo
    Soteldo
    Priso
    Okello
    Achara
    JMR
    Perruzza
    Nelson
    Singh
    Akinola
    Shaffelburg

Everyone else needs to go. What a complete wash.

Edit: Oh and the armband needs to go to someone with some fire instead of another fucking zen master like Bradley.

I would take out
    Delgado - his ceiling has been reached
    Achara - his game is power but he can't play the central forward position - I'm not sure what type of player he is

Add Lawrence - he's a good LB who has been stuck with crap around him
    Westberg - going to need that brain back there
    Mullins - teacher in the locker room, #4 striker
    Bradley - same but HAS to be a sub now & gives up the captain band permanently to Poz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Manning had any brains he would be trying to offload anyone before the roster freeze on the 15th. Surely some team on the playoff bubble would pay to take on one of the underperforming veterans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take out
    Delgado - his ceiling has been reached
    Achara - his game is power but he can't play the central forward position - I'm not sure what type of player he is

Add Lawrence - he's a good LB who has been stuck with crap around him
    Westberg - going to need that brain back there
    Mullins - teacher in the locker room, #4 striker
    Bradley - same but HAS to be a sub now & gives up the captain band permanently to Poz
    Mullins is on 250K a year and hasn't even offered decent linkup play. He's mostly waste of money at this point. Q is 35 and smaller for a keeper, so would be ideally a backup at this point.

Lawrence is expensive for what we're getting.

Achara has bags of potential but needs a decent forwards coach as he has no indirect off the ball movement to speak off. He could be a decent number 9, he seems to finish reasonably well. He's scored with his head and feet, which is more than Dwyer or Mullins, who I'd agree with keeping as a veteran presence if he wasn't on so much salary for so little.

Agree on Marky, though. He's still very talented but is longer as attentive or reliable with his passing, which he's been spraying everywhere but to the guy's feet. He still has some cachet we can take advantage of.

I wouldn't make Pozuelo captain in a month of Saturdays. Seems a decent guy but not rallying the troops any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The tweet has already been deleted. What did it say? And who ordered the deletion?
    That would be MLS. He likely has a ban against criticizing the league as he works for it, and the league approves all salaries. Total penny ante bullshit that just makes people doubt the sincerity of coverage... but since the league controls its own website and it's not actually journalism it probably shouldn't surprise anyone when they're not allowed to practice journalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, that sounds like a "always will love my former team" sort of thing.
    https://strikers.futbol/cracks/Yefer...0912-0001.html

This was it, apparently. He has indicated via geotag where he's staying.

Now if he could score some goals we would be very, very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cutback king stayeth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I wouldn't make Pozuelo captain in a month of Saturdays. Seems a decent guy but not rallying the troops any time soon.
    He has been captain wherever he has gone for a reason.

Effin team effin works happened for a reason, and I don't think it was Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has been captain wherever he has gone for a reason.

Effin team effin works happened for a reason, and I don't think it was Bradley.

He hasn't been captain wherever he has gone, he's been captain of Genk.

He wasn't captain at Betis, or Rayo, or Swansea.

And Genk fans feel it was a mistake, albeit because he wanted out and they felt they had an option in his contract to keep him there. We only paid a transfer fee after he first tried to engineer a fee-free move, and they protested.

Maybe he's great at it, but I don't see any fire from the guy in getting the rest of the team going. And being out constantly this year for injury concerns repeatedly termed "cautionary" doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is in Seville lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly a deeply debilitating lower body injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....apparently - Altidore & his partner will be @ the Met Gala tonight, FWIW!

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status...54220643512324

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question: if it could be done, would you have any of the DPs back next season?

I would say no. Jozy is obvious.

Soteldo I think is a decent player. But he doesn't do the two things we need most, which is pass and score goals (needs to do at least one of those!) He's great on the ball, but without being able to score regularly or set anyone else up that's not so helpful.

Pozuelo has been an excellent player for us. But it seems to me the pandemic has hit him maybe harder than any other player on the team, having family in Europe. For his own well-being I think he needs to go back to Europe. For us he's getting older and isn't the player you base the next gen TFC on. I think MightyDM might have been right too that Soteldo and Pozuelo just don't complement each other. I'll never forget his first game when he panenka-ed that penalty and chipped poor Sean Johnson though! That debut was magic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is ready for DP watch x2 this winter?