Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the odds we get a Jozy update anytime soon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one knows, we are in uncharted waters. Ali said they were going to use the three weeks. (not two weeks, but three weeks)
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-11-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it involves a parting of ways, look for it to be today or next Friday evening. Pretty standard for delivering bad news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Priso, Nelson, and Silva are staying with TFC2 for an extended period. TFC released a press release saying they were loaned and can be recalled. Didn't say it was a one game thing. Kind of implied it was going to be extended
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...-toronto-fc-ii

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wonder if Priso, Nelson, and Silva are staying with TFC2 for an extended period. TFC released a press release saying they were loaned and can be recalled. Didn't say it was a one game thing. Kind of implied it was going to be extended
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...-toronto-fc-ii
    They probably have another match before we get going again and I bet Silva & Nelson will stay down there for a while. Priso will probably be recalled after he gets a few 90's under his belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Luke Singh and Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty will be joining TFC2 for tomorrow's game (or soon). They are showing on the team's USL League One roster:
    https://www.uslleagueone.com/toronto-fc-ii-roster

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So about Seteldo playing at COPA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy F about Venezuela.

Soteldo had COVID before, so hopefully that provides some protection. Plus I hope he got both vaccine doses since he came to Florida (if he didn't already have them before). I haven't heard any details of this outbreak. Perhaps it mostly involves players who weren't as well protected?

Reinfection is possible however, especially with some of the variants. Also hearing from Sweden specifically that some (unvaccinated) people there have had COVID 2 or 3 times since the whole thing began.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Holy F about Venezuela.

Soteldo had COVID before, so hopefully that provides some protection. Plus I hope he got both vaccine doses since he came to Florida (if he didn't already have them before). I haven't heard any details of this outbreak. Perhaps it mostly involves players who weren't as well protected?

Reinfection is possible however, especially with some of the variants. Also hearing from Sweden specifically that some (unvaccinated) people there have had COVID 2 or 3 times since the whole thing began.
    I saw video of him getting his 1st shot when he arrived but not sure what the 2nd shot time-frame is for athletes. Still between having it once and then vaccination, you would hope he's got antibodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So about Seteldo playing at COPA

What are roster sizes at the Copa? I know UEFA raised it to 26 for the Euro in case of an outbreak. If the Copa is still at 23 they'll be at 9 and a keeper. Can they still add players to the roster?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    What are roster sizes at the Copa? I know UEFA raised it to 26 for the Euro in case of an outbreak. If the Copa is still at 23 they'll be at 9 and a keeper. Can they still add players to the roster?

Rumours of an emergency "anybody who can play in the area wanna come by" sort of thing happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I am staying away from the patio scene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    This is why I am staying away from the patio scene
    I love people like you, just making life so much easier to book reservations

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

ICU's take reservations now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I saw video of him getting his 1st shot when he arrived but not sure what the 2nd shot time-frame is for athletes. Still between having it once and then vaccination, you would hope he's got antibodies.
    In the US they do the original 21 days / 28 days gap between the doses, depending on the vaccine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look after an immune compromised individual who takes a medication called rituximab, this same medication that saves their life may prevent the vaccine from ever being effective even after being fully dosed, I can't risk it not in a space where masks are off and people are letting their guard down. I hope you enjoy the patio though i am really hoping we don't see a spike back up in 2 weeks and people can have some normalcy but I find this rush to socialize a bit much all the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://us.marca.com/claro/futbol/ml...b068b4667.html

Linked with Betis striker Tello. Not sure on the translation, seems to suggest he approached Toronto but all of our DP spots were accounted for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tello makes so much sense for TFC if Altidore leaves. He actually liked my Instagram post in April about him coming to Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tello would be an amazing fit here. A player who wants to come here, is 29, knows our MVP already, is Spanish so will fit right in with the Spanish group of Poz, Soteldo, Gallardo, Auro (brazilian but he's always with those guys), plus Delgado, Osorio, Bradley all speak Spanish. Oh and he's a striker who doesn't spend 50+% of the season injured like the A-crew of Altidore/Achara/Akinola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look after an immune compromised individual who takes a medication called rituximab, this same medication that saves their life may prevent the vaccine from ever being effective even after being fully dosed, I can't risk it not in a space where masks are off and people are letting their guard down. I hope you enjoy the patio though i am really hoping we don't see a spike back up in 2 weeks and people can have some normalcy but I find this rush to socialize a bit much all the same.
    Sorry that’s your situation. Wishing well for you and yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ICU's take reservations now?
    LOL if I’m in the ICU after two shots we’ve all got a big problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very curious that the USMNT held Jozy out of a game because of a possible transfer and then nothing happened. If i am right and what he said to Armas was something to the effect of "if you don't want to play me why wont you let me leave," is that original possible transfer (Mexico??) still floating around? The media never really got to the bottom of that at the time. It was an odd episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the odds we get a Jozy update anytime soon
    I know he flew over to be in the UK with Sloane earlier this month. Doubt he comes back until it’s resolved or she’s out of Wimbledon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy update:

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1404470207616368643?s=20

Basically no news. Still training on his own. Reading between the lines it looks like they are trying to work together to get him a transfer.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 06-14-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Leach
    @MLeach680News
    ·
    2m
    Curtis says his priorities are to have honest conversation about who #TFCLive is and who they want to be with regards to finding resolution to Altidore situation

its been a month ali,,,he wants to play here or he doesnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Michael Leach
    @MLeach680News
    ·
    2m
    Curtis says his priorities are to have honest conversation about who #TFCLive is and who they want to be with regards to finding resolution to Altidore situation

its been a month ali,,,he wants to play here or he doesnt
    Ali’s making this sound like there’s a fundamental issue at the club that the Jozy situation speaks to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali’s making this sound like there’s a fundamental issue at the club that the Jozy situation speaks to
    He may be taking the longer self-protective view that if he takes the right side in this, or appears neutral, it will be easier to save his own neck if he has to can Armas quickly.

If he thinks Armas is taking the right approach and a turnaround is offing, he'll support the manager, as he did with Vanney over Van Der Weil and Mavinga. Mavinga took the heat for not being a team player, Van Der Weil was cut loose.

If he's being conciliatory towards Jozy, either this was them blowing a nothing sideline dispute into trade bait, or he thinks his DP striker has a point. Or third, he isn't sure, but Armas isn't winning and Jozy isn't in demand.

Unless he's sure Armas is going to turn it around, I suspect it's the former, and he's laying the groundwork for change. Three or four more losses in a row or even a prolonged streak with no wins and the trigger gets pulled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He may be taking the longer self-protective view that if he takes the right side in this, or appears neutral, it will be easier to save his own neck if he has to can Armas quickly.

If he thinks Armas is taking the right approach and a turnaround is offing, he'll support the manager, as he did with Vanney over Van Der Weil and Mavinga. Mavinga took the heat for not being a team player, Van Der Weil was cut loose.

If he's being conciliatory towards Jozy, either this was them blowing a nothing sideline dispute into trade bait, or he thinks his DP striker has a point. Or third, he isn't sure, but Armas isn't winning and Jozy isn't in demand.

Unless he's sure Armas is going to turn it around, I suspect it's the former, and he's laying the groundwork for change. Three or four more losses in a row or even a prolonged streak with no wins and the trigger gets pulled.
    I think this is probably the most likely along with protecting himself. If we've learned anything so far it's that Curtis is unsure about everything for a long, long time before he makes a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fundamentally, we’re not winning with the highest payroll in the league and the situation requires a fall guy.

Who would have guessed extending a moody, oft-injured striker was a bad idea?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Fundamentally, we’re not winning with the highest payroll in the league and the situation requires a fall guy.

Who would have guessed extending a moody, oft-injured striker was a bad idea?
    Starting to think Armas is the fall guy due to convenience.

Nobody will take Jozy so we're on the hook regardless and Armas is cheap, easily replaceable, and not winning. Also looking bad while not winning to boot. I would prefer to move both along but if I were to pick one to stay, I would pick Jozy. He can't really screw us up more than he has and I've grown used to him always being injured and never playing. Armas is just an anchor around the neck of good team.