Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    There is one way to see what Q has left-give him a start to prove portu right
    IMO fairness and footy logic dictates that the absolute minimum Q should get is 3 starts in the next 9 matches, unless he will have a disastrous prestation in the first one.
    Anything less, and for me it's a clear indication that the management wants him terminated at TFC, or if not, Armas/Curtis (or whoever is the main decision maker in this issue) are deluded/idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could have easily gone Bono for MLS Q for Champs league and avoided a keeper controversy of their own making, man management has thus far been a disaster in the Armas era

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck, he could have played Q once in mid week games & all of us would say "OK, he's got his favourite but at least he's given Q a shot"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Heck, he could have played Q once in mid week games & all of us would say "OK, he's got his favourite but at least he's given Q a shot"
    Except if Q was hands down better, then everyone would be calling Armas a complete idiot for continuing to play an obviously inferior keeper. Seems like a horrible reason to continue playing Bono, but who knows how much ego is in play here 🤷🏼

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Except if Q was hands down better, then everyone would be calling Armas a complete idiot for continuing to play an obviously inferior keeper. Seems like a horrible reason to continue playing Bono, but who knows how much ego is in play here 🤷🏼
    Yes, the whole situation is a clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, Horvath. I wasn’t kidding. Do it.

He is on an expiring contract. He is 25, has a better pedigree than Q (a ton of starts for Brugge), has the size you want, and was unreal in that Mexico game.

Bill, Ali, you are welcome.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seriously, Horvath. I wasn’t kidding. Do it.

He is on an expiring contract. He is 25, has a better pedigree than Q (a ton of starts for Brugge), has the size you want, and was unreal in that Mexico game.

Bill, Ali, you are welcome.
    I agree.

And while we're giving free advice to our FO, dump Armas and hire Pineda or even Munoz.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.2 million valuation on Horvath - yes its transfermarkt so a grain of salt involved but he ain't a non TAM/DP player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.2 million valuation on Horvath - yes its transfermarkt so a grain of salt involved but he ain't a non TAM/DP player.
    Bono is edging close to TAM status so I would be good for a TAM level deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burning TAM money on a keeper (which might not even have) seems like a bad idea when Westberg is sitting on 350k. If Horvath qualified for the Young Money rule that would make it enticing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso & Laryea start the VERY IMPORTANT CanMNT game tonight. Oso must be all healed up

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZAVS CAN SCORE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta playing upfront on the 19th, book it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZAVS CAN SCORE
    He was a striker in College. Don't tell Armas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice finish too. Good for him!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Burning TAM money on a keeper (which might not even have) seems like a bad idea when Westberg is sitting on 350k. If Horvath qualified for the Young Money rule that would make it enticing.
    We've seen the difference a good GK vs a not very good GK can make so I would have no problem with a young, long term TAM GK. I would move Bono, DeLeon, and even Delgado to make it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We've seen the difference a good GK vs a not very good GK can make so I would have no problem with a young, long term TAM GK. I would move Bono, DeLeon, and even Delgado to make it happen.
    Disagree. Top tier GK in MLS is a complete luxury. Horvath a gamble on TAM money. If you want to invest in a keeper, there is a definitely a wider variety of options than a guy who played 6 matches in Belgium last year and just happens to have saved a last minute penalty this week.

Delgado is untouchable for me. Too consistent and unlikely you’ll find another guy who can slot into our midfield for the next 6 years. If we don’t have him when Bradley goes people are gonna be upset.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Zavs can gain some confidence with El Savador and come back a renewed player, this can only be good for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. Top tier GK in MLS is a complete luxury. Horvath a gamble on TAM money. If you want to invest in a keeper, there is a definitely a wider variety of options than a guy who played 6 matches in Belgium last year and just happens to have saved a last minute penalty this week.

Delgado is untouchable for me. Too consistent and unlikely you’ll find another guy who can slot into our midfield for the next 6 years. If we don’t have him when Bradley goes people are gonna be upset.
    Top tier GKs are not so much a luxury as essential if the tactics involve/require them to be strong organizers and good with distribution, which ours does now and did for the past few years (also the reason Bono was on the bench).

As for Delgado, I said that too for years but if Priso develops and stays a while then he can be better. As for the Bradley replacement, it's clearly Osorio. He did better in that role last year than Bradley was in 2020. Bradley stepped it up this season but I see Osorio as his successor at the DM spot and as captain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Top tier GKs are not so much a luxury as essential if the tactics involve/require them to be strong organizers and good with distribution, which ours does now and did for the past few years (also the reason Bono was on the bench).

As for Delgado, I said that too for years but if Priso develops and stays a while then he can be better. As for the Bradley replacement, it's clearly Osorio. He did better in that role last year than Bradley was in 2020. Bradley stepped it up this season but I see Osorio as his successor at the DM spot and as captain.
    Priso is so young that if he shows signs of potential within next 2 years, some European club is going to pick him up.

Delgado and Osorio are 'too old' to get serious European interest. (though Liga MX teams might try to scoop them up for cheap, for being Spanish speaker) You can pretty much bank on Delgado and Osorio playing in Toronto, if not MLS for rest of their careers.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stick by the statement we played better last year with Delgado and Osorio in midfield than with any other combo. That should be the future. Priso as first option in place of those two or as a stretch, part of a 3-man midfield.

It would be great if Bradley would fit into a lesser role. He’s a good player and still valuable. But he’s not the best option as a first choice starter or to go 90 minutes anymore.

If we can’t evolve into accepting a different sort of place on the team, I think we have to move on. No disrespect to the player but that’s the reality of the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I stick by the statement we played better last year with Delgado and Osorio in midfield than with any other combo. That should be the future. Priso as first option in place of those two or as a stretch, part of a 3-man midfield.

It would be great if Bradley would fit into a lesser role. He’s a good player and still valuable. But he’s not the best option as a first choice starter or to go 90 minutes anymore.

If we can’t evolve into accepting a different sort of place on the team, I think we have to move on. No disrespect to the player but that’s the reality of the roster.
    I think he's shown he can do two or three great games before he slips and tires a bit and needs to sit, which at his age and length of career is pretty normal.

We should platoon the three of them as a two-way mid, with one advancing when the other drops in the hole, as with Delgado and Osorio. Just rotate their playing time to get the most out of them.

MLS may be the only league the in the world where the paucity of depth is often so severe that a basic concept like platooning is difficult. But we have the pieces to do it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso had a very good game last night (before he got subbed). Found spaces & KJ showed how it was his movement that opened up the space for David to glide into as Davies made the pass on our second goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso had a very good game last night (before he got subbed). Found spaces & KJ showed how it was his movement that opened up the space for David to glide into as Davies made the pass on our second goal.
    I thought he was great yesterday. I think being around and learning from the selection of smart footballers he's shared the pitch with over the past few years has really rubbed off on him. I think he might be the cagiest and smartest player we had out there yesterday. He knows and does all the little things that go mostly unnoticed that lead to chances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds announced today that goalkeeper Kevin Silva, midfielder Ralph Priso and forward Jayden Nelson has joined TFC II for their matchup against Georgia this evening. This makes sense to get this trio of young players a good run out with some minutes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson should probably stay at TFC II for awhile. He desperately needs minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I would try and get him a CPL spot, but the Reds could have some guys at the Gold Cup so more first team opportunities could come.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Well TFC2 is now in Orlando with them, so they can play him there as much as they want now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a limit to how many first teamers can play in a match? I would've thrown Rutty, Singh, Okello, Dunn, and Romeo out there too. Not trying to put it at the expense of the 2 players, but TFC2 has been playing every 3-4 days, so their players kind of need a rest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II with the goal against in the last 10 minutes to lose - no matter who coaches, who plays defence, who is in net - this has been happening for years now.

Which is one reason why I don't think much of any DM/defender called up based on lots of games through that team.