Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFCII looking like a team as against a group of academy kids. Will see how it does at that level.
    I will be curious to see how many of the first team kids play for TFC II this weekend? They actually had to sign players this year as the academy kids are not really available for call up for right now. I have always said that you are never developing 11 first team players at anyone time, sign some vets to help the younger kids develop. TFC II games at times looked like a mess.l

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Peruzza hasn't even made the bench since this reaction to Richie's goal. Wonder how much of a factor this was

I neve even noticed that. It is quite possible that there may have been some fall out from that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to WtR, Priso's brother is on TFCII - he's a 5 foot 10 inch 16 year old forward - something to watch for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to WtR, Priso's brother is on TFCII - he's a 5 foot 10 inch 16 year old forward - something to watch for.
    I guess they'll announce his contract today. TFCII's been announcing two players a day for the past view days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II - North Texas will be available on YouTube right after the Big Boys play on Saturday night.

Toronto FC II vs. North Texas SC: May 22, 2021 - YouTube

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they'll announce his contract today. TFCII's been announcing two players a day for the past view days
    Unless he is playing as an academy callup to keep his amateur status for the time being.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza's loan terms revealed. Short term loan not a full season loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Chris Armas on Alejandro Pozuelo: "What I can tell you is that this week ... he's been in training for a few days ... he's held up fine ... as we say, he's close, but to be very honest, we can expect him back in the next week or so."

What a load of cra*p this is!
    How long this has been dragging on like this?

The "so" can be 2 weeks, or even more.
    It's clear now that we won't see Poz and Yefe playing together but just in July, after Yefe will be back to MLS from the Venezuela matches.

IMHO they knew at the start of the season (first official match) that he'll be out most probably for 2 solid months.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-22-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS: we are a big league, take us seriously!

Also MLS: don’t expect us to transparently tell you a recovery timeline for the reigning league MVP, that would be crazy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    MLS: we are a big league, take us seriously!

Also MLS: don’t expect us to transparently tell you a recovery timeline for the reigning league MVP, that would be crazy.

Betting might change this, like it has with the NFL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I neve even noticed that. It is quite possible that there may have been some fall out from that
    Well if there was fallout then good , like your basically a rookie fighting for playing time and what not and you pull that ? I got no time for crap like that in team sports . Can you imagine a rookie in the NHL doing something like that lol . I would love to see the next scrimmage at practise the next day if that happened in hockey for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betting might change this, like it has with the NFL.
    One would hope. They’ve made great strides over the years but they can’t quite understand that disclosing some of these things, is a big deal to a fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Unless he is playing as an academy callup to keep his amateur status for the time being.
    Guess so, he's in the 18 for their first game (as a sub), but never announced that he signed a pro contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peruzza scores for San Antonio. They better not park this kid at TFC2. He has nothing to learn at that level.

Keep him in USL Pro at a minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peruzza scores for San Antonio. They better not park this kid at TFC2. He has nothing to learn at that level.

we dont need him...our strikers have scored a boat load of goals so far this season,plus we are grooming that up and comer mullins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chatter on Twitter: Hutchinson confirms he has spoken to Besiktas about Layrea.

Summer transfer forthcoming?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe but his level of play has dropped off a bit this season, especially defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe but his level of play has dropped off a bit this season, especially defensively.
    Defensively I think that’s very fair and would be my major question as to whether he can survive in Europe.

Offensively, I just think that’s a product of our current system / disorganization. Why Armas is putting Auro at CM, Delgado on the right side, and Laryea at FB I’ll never know.

This team is too impatient to get the fullback up the field into attacking positions. They may as well move Laryea to Delgado’s spot because the latter is useless in the final third.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea broke every karmic law in football by talking so openly about this on Extratime. Which means it won’t happen.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Laryea broke every karmic law in football by talking so openly about this on Extratime. Which means it won’t happen.
    It probably didn't endear him to Besiktas; I'm sure like any shopper they'd prefer the seller think their interest casual. If they come in any time soon, TFC's going to try to overcharge them based on perceived demand.

I dunno, I just don't think he's a good enough defender to play there. Not the way he's played this year.

He's an excellent winger, though. They've had far less tricky guys make in there on the wing. I can see them coming in on that basis, I suppose. But the more the players talks about it, the less likely it will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we're signing Adolfo 'Fito' Ovalle Raffo to a first team deal. He's decked out in TFC gear. He played the last couple of years with TFC2, his brother Nicolas is currently on TFC2. He grew up in the Real Salt Lake Academy (so he counts as a domestic, probably has citizenship/green card). Has posted photos with Solteldo and Auro, so he's been with the first team training for a while, rather than joining the second team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very odd of him to do this. Normally, if you’re cornered, players will talk in the vaguest of terms “aspiring to play in Europe” etc... Agreed, it doesn’t bode well for the Turkish club expressing formal interest.

At the end of the day I think what he really wants is to increase his salary. He’s about to hit his prime years and probably wants to take advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it just now. His words didn't seem that crazy. Goal is to one day play in Europe at the highest levels. Didn't mention Besiktas. What exactly was so out there about his response?

This video at 9:40 right?
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/toron...-european-move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it just now. His words didn't seem that crazy. Goal is to one day play in Europe at the highest levels. Didn't mention Besiktas. What exactly was so out there about his response?

The Canadian TV reports were played pretty loose with it, though; they basically paraphrased him as saying he wanted specifically to go there by intro'ing the clip as "Fullback Richie Laryea says he'd be thrilled if Beskitas made him an offer," then playing the clip.

So, it may be that it was overbaked by TV, although it can have exactly the same chilling effect on a deal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I heard his loan is only 8-ish games, then he's back to TFC 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be a philosopher in the offseason.... maybe. If you are really good.

But it's midseason. You say: "I am focused on my team, my coach, winning. All the other stuff is noise." That's it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I heard his loan is only 8-ish games, then he's back to TFC 2
    That seems to be the word. Disappointing if true.

Let’s see if he stays motivated through the next 8 games. He can ultimately punch his own ticket if that all goes well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems to be the word. Disappointing if true.

Let’s see if he stays motivated through the next 8 games. He can ultimately punch his own ticket if that all goes well.
    Perhaps gives them the flexibility to bring him back if they're short on depth. Altidore, Akinola and Dwyer are not exactly the gold standards of health. If any of them run into long term injuries (or get transferred) the senior team may need an extra striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly it makes no sense to have Auro in the middle of the field when he is so good at RB. Like you said put Layea on the right side of the mid field where he actually played in the past and the amount of offence he can generate is a lot more then Auro.

We should start getting concerned when we have everyone in the line up except Pozuelo and still lose to a short sided Orlando.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Exactly it makes no sense to have Auro in the middle of the field when he is so good at RB. Like you said put Layea on the right side of the mid field where he actually played in the past and the amount of offence he can generate is a lot more then Auro.
    This is what ruined Armas at NYRB. He frequently used players out of position and was too stubborn to switch them back after it was a proven fail. Toss in him blindly sticking with Bono after his many flubs and his downfall is in full swing. This is a guaranteed failure now and I gave him a chance even though I never wanted him here.

Question now is Curtis big enough to admit his error and move on or does he share the same type of stubborness as Armas and we'll have to have a wooden spoon season to have him lose his job to get rid of Armas and course correct.