0 Thread(s)

TFC's next signing. New winger. Crossing ability: 100
    Ali Curtis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that Yeferson, Dom and Kemar and some of the vets are returning lots of the kids we have seen early on with see their first team opportunities greatly reduced, they will have to fight and step up to earn their minutes. Next weekend, May 22 is the first day both the first team and TFC II have games. TFC II has their season opener in Arizona vs. North Texas. I do expect some of the kids to play in the USL game to keep fresh, guess the two rosters will be decided on during the week?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso has taken his chance and he is now a first team player. Okello a good start but has tailed off, on the bubble. The others havent taken the chance yet, for me, and should be playing regularly for the II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Priso has taken his chance and he is now a first team player. Okello a good start but has tailed off, on the bubble. The others havent taken the chance yet, for me, and should be playing regularly for the II
    I mostly agree with this, but it will be interesting to see if Priso stays in the XI or is even a first option off the bench when the team is at full strength. He looks alright, but also doesn’t show signs that he’s an automatic starter or of any amazing potential. To me at least, he feels like the kind of guy that might be a fringe MLS starter his whole career. Just because a kid breaks through at 20 or younger doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve got bags of potential.

Out of the whole crop Okello’s the only one that’s made me think “this guy can go far”.
    Last edited by portu; 05-15-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I mostly agree with this, but it will be interesting to see if Priso stays in the XI or is even a first option off the bench when the team is at full strength. He looks alright, but also doesn’t show signs that he’s an automatic starter or of any amazing potential. To me at least, he feels like the kind of guy that might be a fringe MLS starter his whole career. Just because a kid breaks through at 20 or younger doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve got bags of potential.

Out of the whole crop Okello’s the only one that’s made me think “this guy can go far”.
    Will be interesting to see. Agree re Okello, he really looks like he could do very well indeed. Just needs a bit more seasoning to look like he belongs in the first XI for me. i like Priso's calm and thats why I think he has upside - soccer brain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assume Shaff is not included in this list of youth players being discussed? He’s clearly graduated in my mind. After watching what Tyler Pasher has done this year (who reminded me of a worse version of Shaffleburg when we had him). I would stick with that project. Probably more so super sub than starter for now, but I still like the idea.

Okello is the Keon Clark of TFC. The size and skills scream high potential. But in-game awareness / drive / off field habits will ultimately tell the story if he makes it or not. Clark never put it together in the NBA but let’s hope Okello does for TFC.

I think the rest are fairly clear cut. We can disagree on Priso’s long run potential pretty clearly there’s a place for him with the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Assume Shaff is not included in this list of youth players being discussed? He’s clearly graduated in my mind. After watching what Tyler Pasher has done this year (who reminded me of a worse version of Shaffleburg when we had him). I would stick with that project. Probably more so super sub than starter for now, but I still like the idea.

Okello is the Keon Clark of TFC. The size and skills scream high potential. But in-game awareness / drive / off field habits will ultimately tell the story if he makes it or not. Clark never put it together in the NBA but let’s hope Okello does for TFC.

I think the rest are fairly clear cut. We can disagree on Priso’s long run potential pretty clearly there’s a place for him with the first team.
    Keon was a really good sixth man. His problem was his addiction to drugs. Sad story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Keon was a really good sixth man. His problem was his addiction to drugs. Sad story.
    He was a really good 6th man. And he had flashes where you thought he would eventually become an absolute dominant force in the paint with his rare combination of height / athleticism. But it was not to be.

Not suggesting Okello has any problems but rather pointing out “potential” isn’t always fulfilled, even if it’s clearly there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this and I wanted to caption it

2 weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 signed our other third rounder Paul Rothrock. Anyone know if our first rounder Matt Di Rosa is still in the TFC camp and could be signed still?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Yes, a more appropriate Raptor example may be Joey Graham, who definitely had all the tools except between the ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or does Yefe look older than 23

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Is it just me or does Yefe look older than 23

3 kids will do that to you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    TFC2 signed our other third rounder Paul Rothrock. Anyone know if our first rounder Matt Di Rosa is still in the TFC camp and could be signed still?
    I was curious about him, as I know he was/is training with the Reds at some point, have not heard about him a while. I know his twin brother who was drafted in the second round by NYCFC signed with Charleston Battery in the USL Championship so was thinking maybe he would end up there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 signed a 24 year old Canadian-born Estonian keeper Andreas Vaikla. He has represented the Estonian national team 3 times, but only in friendlies, so technically still eligible for Canada. He's also played in the UEFA Champions League (in the qualifying rounds) three times. Probably won't end up on our national team, but interesting to keep an eye on.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...andreas-vaikla
    Last edited by rydermike; 05-18-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is a big dude...6ft 5 maybe a cheap backup option in the future,to whom ever,we have like 800 k in keepers now.that is to much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Perruzza loaned to San Antonio FC where he spent last season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peruzza hasn't even made the bench since this reaction to Richie's goal. Wonder how much of a factor this was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scored some bangers last year and was looking forward to see more of him but that really is a brutal reaction and especially for someone trying to earn a spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peruzza hasn't even made the bench since this reaction to Richie's goal. Wonder how much of a factor this was

Not too sure, with Jozy, Ayo, Mullins and now Dwyer in the mix and back in the line up, I figured a loan would be looked at for Jordan to get him regular minutes at level higher than TFCII and it opens up a roster spot if needed. Going back to San Antonio makes sense too as the CPL still has not figured out their 2021 plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen Jozy plenty upset he didn't get the pass, but he immediately celebrates with the guys if it results in a goal. Such a brutal reaction from Peruzza.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I've seen Jozy plenty upset he didn't get the pass, but he immediately celebrates with the guys if it results in a goal. Such a brutal reaction from Peruzza.
    That's being immature, hopefully he learned from it it if we was talked too. When Dom Dwyer was training with the Reds I thought that the Reds would rather have him for the short term than Jordan hanging out at the end of the bench. We all know with Jozy's off and on health that guys need to be ready to step up on a minutes notice too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That's being immature, hopefully he learned from it it if we was talked too. When Dom Dwyer was training with the Reds I thought that the Reds would rather have him for the short term than Jordan hanging out at the end of the bench. We all know with Jozy's off and on health that guys need to be ready to step up on a minutes notice too.
    Agreed. He will learn. And it is best for him to be off getting minutes. He is 5th on the striker depth chart right now so this move makes sense.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 05-20-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to think that this was almost entirely due to the reaction. I think there was a real possibility of Dwyer not being signed but who really knows...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caleb Patterson-Sewell is back (With Toronto FC II as a player-coach)

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...l-player-coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Have to think that this was almost entirely due to the reaction. I think there was a real possibility of Dwyer not being signed but who really knows...
    looking at the depth chart he was the 4th choice option at forward before we signed Dwyer, now he’s 5th. Sort of tough to get your break under those circumstances.

Players came back from injury and he cannot make the bench, which isn’t surprising at all. He’s a promising talent but sort of tough to fit him in at this point. If Pasher can tear apart USL and come back to MLS, he can do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II
    @TorontoFCII
    ·
    2h
    NEWS | The club has signed midfielder Enric Bernat Lunar

23 yr old spanish mid,i wonder if he is jus a filler for tfc2 or is the big club looking at him for down the road?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Toronto FC II
    @TorontoFCII
    ·
    2h
    NEWS | The club has signed midfielder Enric Bernat Lunar

23 yr old spanish mid,i wonder if he is jus a filler for tfc2 or is the big club looking at him for down the road?
    Apparently he trialled with our first team in 2019, so the team was already familiar with him
    https://www.reusdigital.cat/noticia/...amb-toronto-fc
    https://www.diarimes.com/noticies/es...3576_1094.html
    Last edited by rydermike; 05-20-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently he trialled with our first team in 2019, so the team was already familiar with him
    https://www.reusdigital.cat/noticia/...amb-toronto-fc
    https://www.diarimes.com/noticies/es...3576_1094.html
    yes now i remember,i think mlse was looking at a spanish club that was going bankrupt.and they sent a couple of players on trial

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCII looking like a team as against a group of academy kids. Will see how it does at that level.