Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best time to give Westberg a start would have been in one of the MLS games. Easy to justify it as giving Bono rest for CCL and keeping each goalkeeper fresh. It would have been a good way to evaluate each of them in games rather than just training. If you're starting Westberg now it could be viewed as a demotion to Bono. He has always handled being relegated to backup well, but I'm sure it's hard on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westberg starting either Saturday or next Wednesday against Columbus makes a lot of sense. Let Bono see out the CCL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is going to start the CCL - he's in the team social media promo stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If Gonzalez moves on, go 3-4-1-2?

——————-—Yefe——Altidore—-———
    ——————————Pozo————————
    —-Osorio—Bradley—-Delgado——Laryea
    ———-Lawrence—Mavinga—-Auro———
    That might be the most ridiculous lineup I've seen 🤣. Four players out of position and one CB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yeah I had multiple glasses of wine last night. That post doesn't look too good in sunlight.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bono is going to start the CCL - he's in the team social media promo stuff
    Yeah, but so was Westberg

Bono at 34 seconds. Westberg at 36 seconds

On Instagram, Westberg was Pic 3, Bono was pic 6
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COdhSSeryBB/
    Last edited by rydermike; 05-04-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Westberg has to start because, one, he gives us the best chance to win and, two, we could get shelled.

I think it would be the end of Bono if he gave up 6 goals or something. But Q would shrug it off.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized I'm not sure if this has been confirmed yet. Is Lawrence coming now or in the summer?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In my mind, Bono would lose the #1 spot because

a) he can't communicate well enough which is causing us issues with set pieces

b) he keeps getting beat on the short side & teams have noticed this

Armas is, in my opinion, following the classic North American approach to keeper analysis in that he is focusing on shot stopping. Westberg's distribution & control & ability to marshal a back line is sorely missed right now but...hey.....Bono sure can leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It should be said that I don't fully blame him for any of that though. I've said for years that Conway is a shitty GK coach and he hasn't improved any player in his tenure. In fact they all get worse.

Soooooo last night we saw a legit reason why Bono should not get the next start. I told ya'll it would come, you just had to be patient!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo in the event this Armas thing blows up (not saying it will), Tuca Feretti has not been renewed at Tigres and will become available. IMO that's the guy you would have wanted to replace Vanney in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Soooo in the event this Armas thing blows up (not saying it will), Tuca Feretti has not been renewed at Tigres and will become available. IMO that's the guy you would have wanted to replace Vanney in the first place.
    Wow that is big news.

Suspect he can get a top job in Mexico, or if he wants MLS, a job in MLS that make more sense than TFC (ie in a hispanic market).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 signs defender Kevin Politz. Played for the Red Bulls Academy, Red Bulls PDL team, and Red Bulls 2.

Truly RB North here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m hoping this stops at some point.

After all, WE are the more successful club, why would we copy their way of doing things?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    TFC2 signs defender Kevin Politz. Played for the Red Bulls Academy, Red Bulls PDL team, and Red Bulls 2.

Truly RB North here.
    I do think that being within an organization provides some insight on the hidden gems which may exist. The other thing is that most of the scouting work done on players by TFC previous to Armas might not be useful at this point since the target profile has most likely changed. Thinking of it this way it makes sense that Armas and Curtis might revert to known commodities in an absence of information.

Still, it does raise eyebrows when time after time the org's additions are seeming to be coming from one place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the criticism of Ali and company has veered into the absurd.

First, this RB North thing is being overdone. What has it been, 10 years since RBNY signed Henry? That RBNY team under Ali and Armas would never have signed a player like Yefe. Manning and Ali are spending.

Second, how many people on here ripped management for doing nothing in the offseason? Wasn't it like 90% of posters? How many of those critics are still mad about that now? Yes, it would be better to do everything in the January window, I get that it cost us last night, but honestly, the best deals happen outside the window.

This Lawrence deal is pretty nice business and frankly, it's a good thing that they know the player well, a recruiting advantage, not a bad thing.

Now it's bad because they cherry pick a guy from the youth system?

Where doesn't this happen? Management brings in people they know. You want that.

People need to chill, Covid is making everyone overly hyped up or something.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-05-2021 at 02:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sooner we get Poz back in with this team, the sooner everybody will settle down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, this RB North thing is being overdone. What has it been, 10 years since RBNY signed Henry? That RBNY team under Ali and Armas would never have signed a player like Yefe. Manning and Ali are spending.

Second, how many people on here ripped management for doing nothing in the offseason? Wasn't it like 90% of posters? How many of those critics are still mad about that now? Yes, it would be better to do everything in the January window, I get that it cost us last night, but honestly, the best deals happen outside the window.

This Lawrence deal is pretty nice business and frankly, it's a good thing that they know the player well, a recruiting advantage, not a bad thing.

Where doesn't this happen? Management brings in people they know. You want that.

All this is bang on.

Plus, people were complaining about the slowness of our build up and pointless possession for a couple seasons now (I was one of them) and that's being addressed. Honestly the only complaint we should be having now is still starting the wrong GK, if that continues of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff Cameron is coming back to MLS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Different scenario but Greg Vanney picked Marky Delgado from that Chivas dispersal draft back in 2015 (13 teams passed on him, he's since made a number of NT starts and is a core player in the club).

it makes sense that a GM or Coach would bring what he saw were the better aspects of his previous club to the new one. Especially interesting when those assets were under appreciated or misused.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 05-05-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to point out that I wasn't complaining that Politz came from the Red Bulls system. When I pointed it out, I was doing it as a tongue in cheek joke as well as to show the history of where the player came from and how he would have already been known to management, not a complaint. Although re-reading it, I can see how it was interpreted that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 signs Talen Maples. He was one of our 2021 Draft Picks (the lowest of our four picks - 72nd overall)
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...n-talen-maples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truly RB North here.
    UGH - with the same junk style of football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Geoff Cameron is coming back to MLS.
    Reasons he won't be signing with TFC:
    1. All our players are currently living in rentals.
    2. He wants to go home and Canada is not that.
    3. He's conservative as fuck and we live in liberal wasteland.

(That all being said, he'd be a massive improvement on Omar and likely cheaper as well.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 signs Talen Maples. He was one of our 2021 Draft Picks (the lowest of our four picks - 72nd overall)
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...n-talen-maples
    He has been training with the Reds from the get go, has been in Florida with them. TFC II this year is going to have to sign more players that they normally do. Not sure how many of the academy kids will be available in the early parts of the season due to games being played in Arizona. Also due to that how many first team kids will make the trek across the country. TFC II could have easily been in Florida too playing at Disney world or one of the many other stadiums in the area and been in the same setup training with the first team. I wonder if they wanted to void that due to commercial travel in USL?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez & Bradley can't stand Cameron's gutts.

Would be good for the giggles to see him end up at Portland but I think he's off to Chicago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to post some of the things Cameron has said in the past, but I think it would be better for all if he went somewhere far away from here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to post some of the things Cameron has said in the past, but I think it would be better for all if he went somewhere far away from here.
    ya he's a first rate douche nozzle and he can end it all with the Revs or Dallas or some other abismal racist hellscape for all I care. hard pass on so many levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: took this down because it was a dumb and unfair take, even as a joke. It's the kind of lazy partisan political gotcha bullshit I hate seeing others do
    Last edited by DavemTFC; 05-06-2021 at 02:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you were joking but just a reminder that DeLeon was one of the guys standing with TFC teammates & staff at the BLM moment last summer.

Anti-vax, yes.

Racist douchebaggery, nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you were joking but just a reminder that DeLeon was one of the guys standing with TFC teammates & staff at the BLM moment last summer.

Anti-vax, yes.

Racist douchebaggery, nope
    Yes, very fair point.

DeLeon’s views (edit: on vaccines) are not my own on and are in my opinion, incorrect. Now that said, I have some sympathy about how he got there because what he’s expressing has some concept of personal freedom. Again, it’s misinformed and misapplied, but he’s not intentionally doing it to spite anybody else.

Now Cameron on the other hand, he’s just a douche.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-06-2021 at 09:44 AM.