Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see this as an indication that a fullback is on the move. This team is going to press and our fullbacks are going to be leaned on heavily to cover ground. Having 4 good fullbacks isn't an excess. With injuries and rotation they should all get ample minutes. Good player like the pickup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Kloke tweet about Kemar being a swap over to CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Interesting Kloke tweet about Kemar being a swap over to CB.
    That is interesting. Do they want to play 3 at the back with Layrea bombing forward as a RWB? Or would Omar be sitting?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    That is interesting. Do they want to play 3 at the back with Layrea bombing forward as a RWB? Or would Omar be sitting?
    I've been hoping to see Omar take over the old Ciman spot as a spot starter and occasional sub rather than a full time starter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

—————Altidore—————

Soteldo—Pozuelo—Laryea

——Osorio——Delgado——

KL—Mavinga—Omar—Auro

—————Westberg————

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why signing a left back guarantees a right back who can also play as a winger moves on. Solid, solid pick up though. We just need a top CB now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Not sure why signing a left back guarantees a right back who can also play as a winger moves on. Solid, solid pick up though. We just need a top CB now
    Still TBD if we need a new striker now or if we can survive with the current crop assuming the service will be top notch.

Edit: I would only see him as a Mavinga Backup as a CB. No way he plays on the right side of defence or substitutes having a real leader / organizer back there.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-03-2021 at 11:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    —————Altidore—————

Soteldo—Pozuelo—Laryea

——Osorio——Delgado——

KL—Mavinga—Omar—Auro

—————Westberg————
    great team, and decent cover with akinola, priso, shaffeburg, okello, morrow, zavaleta, bradley,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

—————Altidore—————

Soteldo—Pozuelo—Laryea

——Osorio——Delgado——

KL—Mavinga—Omar—Auro

—————Westberg————
    Thats a good line up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Edit: I would only see him as a Mavinga Backup as a CB. No way he plays on the right side of defence or substitutes having a real leader / organizer back there.
    Westberg is a solid leader and good at organizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of Richie going to rw and auro at RB.

As for the u22 spot you can definitely get a nice young CB who is better than Omar at this point. Maybe we can sign a south American version of Binks? Teams seem desperate for money so it's a good time to buy.

I do think laryea is gone in the best future. He's too good for MLS and should test himself in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Westberg is a solid leader and good at organizing.
    Marginally, not sure if that’s the long term solution. But Armas has to avoid falling into the typical North America trap of looking only at shot stopping when looking at a keeper’s performance.

To put it nicely, I don’t think Bono is a starting keeper. If i look at some of the young players who are coming up and what their skills like compared to Bono’s... doesn’t seem like a wise choice to continue this experiment.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marginally, not sure if that’s the long term solution. But Armas has to avoid falling into the typical North America trap of looking only at shot stopping when looking at a keeper’s performance.

To put it nicely, I don’t think Bono is a starting keeper. If i look at some of the young players who are coming up and what their skills like compared to Bono’s... doesn’t seem like a wise choice to continue this experiment.
    Bono isn't the starting keeper, I hope to the soccer gods Westburg comes back sooner rather than later. - but you can't pull Bono yet. He hasn't been bad enough to deserve losing his spot.

if he's still the number 1 in July/August..I'll start to worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

—————Altidore—————

Soteldo—Pozuelo—Laryea

——Osorio——Delgado——

KL—Mavinga—Omar—Auro

—————Westberg————
    good luck taking coach bradley out of the lineup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... Armas has to avoid falling into the typical North America trap of looking only at shot stopping when looking at a keeper’s performance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He makes the whole back four better, add Mavinga and OG can be pretty dominating...I like this as well. Reinforcements, a little late but this could be very fun to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thinking, and this is all just bantz

Auro can play both right & left but has been playing left because Richie is way better on the right.

Morrow is a left only option who is getting up there.

A LB being brought in allows Auro to move to the right more permanently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

A LB being brought in allows Auro to move to the right more permanently
    Or hopefully, move to the bench more permanently and keep Richie on the right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post

Is that you Mr. Caldwell?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I think this line up posted earlier had it nailed as far as how we should use everyone going forward. Giving Laryea less to do defensively could really give him opportunities going forward especially with Poz & Yefe out there. It also gives a more advanced option that can/will defend and press hard. Also Auro is much better on his natural side.

—————Altidore————

Soteldo—Pozuelo—Laryea

——Osorio——Delgado——

KL—Mavinga—Omar—Auro

—————Westberg————

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to forget posting lineups without Bradley in them, his ego will not allow it to happen peacefully. Agree with it or not, while Bradley is here he'll play just about every minute (And take every indirect set piece, too)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd be keeping my eyes on some young CBs in Brazil with teams in desperate need of transfer fees to help keep themselves a float. Might be able to grab someone with a decent pedigree who has a little bit more pro experience.

Left footed ball playing centre backs are in high demand in Europe these days. The ones you're thinking of would easily fetch 20 million on the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Left footed ball playing centre backs are in high demand in Europe these days. The ones you're thinking of would easily fetch 20 million on the market.
    They don't need to be left footed. We already have Mavinga and maybe Lawrence on that side. Gonzalez is likely the guy who's spot he would eventually take. Someone like Bruno Mendez (who doesn't have the being Brazilian tax) would, on paper, be a perfect guy for that U-22 slot.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/bruno-m...spieler/552912

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Wow. Fantastic player. Better than solid. He was the rock on the team Armas took to the supporters shield.

This business about Laryea being “100% gone”... I dunno. Richie just doesn’t fit the profile to me. At his age, he needs to completely dominating MLS to be going over to a first division club in one of the 7 best leagues. Which he doesn’t (don’t get me wrong, I like Richie a lot). I know he could go to Denmark or something... this whole Besiktas thing, that's nice of Atiba to pump that up, but ...

More likely to me that it is Auro who is “gone”.
    Ritchie, Atiba and Cyle larin all have the same agent.

I wouldn't bet against him going. He's good enough, he'll be cheap by Turkish standards.

He's a fine winger. Why not sign him? Turkey, Switzerland, Scotland... these leagues have been signing Canadians for a long time. This isn't top five, so it's totally plausible.

To me, whether he goes or not, the upside to this is that Laryea has turned into a dangerous offensive player in this league. Playing him high in a press, we just benefit from his experiencing playing as a back.

We now have the potential to play Auro on his strong foot, play with Laryea and Soteldo as our two wide attackers, leave Pozuelo as a false nine/hole player...

And Lawrence is an exceptional player by MLS standards. It's not like he wasn't playing in Belgium, and that's a tough league.

This is a huge win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to forget posting lineups without Bradley in them, his ego will not allow it to happen peacefully. Agree with it or not, while Bradley is here he'll play just about every minute (And take every indirect set piece, too)
    One can dream.

We’ll have to rip off this bandaid at some stage. Hard to ignore our best lineup last year did not include Bradley as a starter. And, in general, there is going to have to be rotation / load management.

This sacred cow must be sacrificed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RBNorth in full affect i see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    you can't pull Bono yet. He hasn't been bad enough to deserve losing his spot.
    I'd argue he has, but I get the feeling the mistakes he makes have to be actual howlers instead of fundamental errors in technique and judgement for Armas to pull him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Lawrence, he's proven best XI quality, so unless he's gotten significantly worse in Belgium, which doesn't seem to be the case, this is a great signing. I think we'll see Laryea at RW a lot but I do agree with others that there's a really good chance he's gone in the summer. Even with all our recent allocation money acquisition I can't see a way for us to keep Lawrence and Laryea and also sign another CB

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I'd argue he has, but I get the feeling the mistakes he makes have to be actual howlers instead of fundamental errors in technique and judgement for Armas to pull him
    I would like to see Westberg get a game to show his stuff again but Armas did say in an interview very recently when asked and he said he thought Bono was very solid in all the games so far so that means to me he has no intention of giving Q a sniff at the position yet...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't Lawrence have to go through MLS Allocation?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”