Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its probs from dwyer,for some stupid reason ,,maybe Doneil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any American CBs in Europe wanting to return to MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That would be very dicey. He’s off a serious injury and may have the same speed issues as Gonzalez.

It’s either Cornelius (doubtful, as he’s young and not really an organizer) or an American from somewhere in the broader league.
    True. He's a free agent at the mo hence my thinking.

can't think of any CBs that may be available for trade in league. Henry still in Korea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    True. He's a free agent at the mo hence my thinking.

can't think of any CBs that may be available for trade in league. Henry still in Korea?
    Henry just came back from a knee injury that had him sidelined since November. He was doing well in SK before this, doubt he is looking to move.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/doneil-...spieler/157907

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doneil henry? James? Likely an American.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason I can think of signing Dwyer is if one of Mullins or Altidore move in the summer.

And I will forfeit my loyalty to the club if we trade Mullins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our roster is full but if Achara is on the Injured List (going to miss 6+ league games) we get an additional spot. Or we could always trade/loan out a player.

Hopefully they’re bringing in a defender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The only reason I can think of signing Dwyer is if one of Mullins or Altidore move in the summer.

And I will forfeit my loyalty to the club if we trade Mullins.

Also they could be looking at it that if Dwyer is healthy would it be better to have him coming off the bench as a 4-5th option over Perruzza, who you could loan out to get regular minutes in USL or CPL? I just think if you are going to have someone who gets a runout here and there , that Dwyer for the short term would be better than having Jordan riding pine. Just a thought.

Also Endoh must be close to getting his domestic status as its been hinted. With the trade today with Orlando the international spots are full with Acahra not currently counting towards one. A decision at some point will have to be made.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 04-27-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Yup that’s a sweet piece of business.

And give our newest signing a follow: https://twitter.com/TheAleGator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour: Gator has now been traded for $200k in additional GAM and an oddly familiar looking suitcase and wallet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am concerned this team is going to spend money on a good team guy forward sub option like Dwyer when our real need is a decent CB option.

They seem to think Zavs & Singh are good enough replacements but after tonight, I'm no longer sold on Gonzalez beinga leader enough in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I am concerned this team is going to spend money on a good team guy forward sub option like Dwyer when our real need is a decent CB option.

They seem to think Zavs & Singh are good enough replacements but after tonight, I'm no longer sold on Gonzalez beinga leader enough in the back.
    How would Dwyer even get any games? And if he does, why have Mullins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have technically one U-22 spot and whatever that 400k we have acquired in GAM can get us. I believe both would need to be domestic players now too. So... Matt Miazga or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We have technically one U-22 spot and whatever that 400k we have acquired in GAM can get us. I believe both would need to be domestic players now too. So... Matt Miazga or something?
    This seems like it would actually be a perfect signing for us if it works with the cap. Has Gonzalez's aerial ability but also has some speed. Don't think he's really an organizer but if Westberg starts it's less of a worry. Would also allow us to get rid of Gonzalez

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not getting rid of a veteran during the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things the Cruz Azul match made obvious:

- Bono back to bench. Can't marshall the back line and is almost always out of position.
    - Altidore is finished. He should be bought out and sign Dwyer if that's all that's available or else stick with Ayo/Mullinho (until July).
    - Gonzalez also finished. Need a MLS veteran CB back there that still has some legs. Trade some of our midfield glut to get somebody.

If we address these issues then I feel we're back into top 3 in East. Address none and we'll probably be 6th to 9th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

- Bono back to bench. Can't marshall the back line and is almost always out of position.
    - Altidore is finished. He should be bought out and sign Dwyer if that's all that's available or else stick with Ayo/Mullinho (until July).
    - Gonzalez also finished. Need a MLS veteran CB back there that still has some legs. Trade some of our midfield glut to get somebody.

If we address these issues then I feel we're back into top 3 in East. Address none and we'll probably be 6th to 9th.
    i agree...but they dont have the balls to get rid of the vets,delgado and auro on the right side are a black hole,and mullins should be playing for tfc2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I think Pozuelo would be a better fit at RW in a 4-3-3. I'd rather just play him in his best position all the time but he's played on the right for us before and he'd just become the de facto #10 anyway the second Laryea goes forward, which is and should continue to be often. It'll also allow us to have a fluid midfield 3 with Bradley/Delgado/Osorio all capable of being proper two-way midfielders
    I actually like Oso-Marky then Bradley then Yefe- Poz then Jozy. Sort of a 4-2-1-2-1. No width but gets all our best players on the pitch in positions that work for them well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jozy will come around. I know he looks out of sorts, and this is a very minority opinion... but strikers are like that, they need time, and we should give him of all people more time.

Gonzalez, I am worried, he was being beaten regularly by Vancouver and Montreal forwards, and that was awful last night... he really could be done.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I actually like Oso-Marky then Bradley then Yefe- Poz then Jozy. Sort of a 4-2-1-2-1. No width but gets all our best players on the pitch in positions that work for them well.
    Should have Akinola on instead of Jozy. If only counting present and not the getting long ago past, Ayo is much, much better than Jozy is now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have Akinola on instead of Jozy. If only counting present and not the getting long ago past, Ayo is much, much better than Jozy is now.
    Hmmm...watching last night, didn't see much from Akinola either. Our most dangerous guy on the pitch was Oso, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think Jozy will come around. I know he looks out of sorts, and this is a very minority opinion... but strikers are like that, they need time, and we should give him of all people more time.

Gonzalez, I am worried, he was being beaten regularly by Vancouver and Montreal forwards, and that was awful last night... he really could be done.
    Dude, he was done when we got him. He's had maybe two good games for us. He's just too slow and he makes too many poor decisions to make up for it now.

As for Jozy, I'm sure the skill is there, but he's lost a step and hasn't adjusted for it at all. He's still playing to the top of the box and the spot, never to the back post, he's still trying to turn-and-shoot one touch stuff.

He has always seemed a little arrogant about his abilities and he can't afford to be after so many injuries. He needs to muck in, hassle guys in the box, drag players out of position. Instead, he's playing like a dominant striker and it's possible that wouldn't be the case even WITHOUT a bunch of injuries.

I get that's he's a club legend but we're approaching two season now of him largely taking up space. We'd be better to use him as a late sub, where his extra energy against tired players would be more dangerous. If he scores a bunch of late goals and game winners, maybe he gets the fire back to go 100%.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Dude, he was done when we got him. He's had maybe two good games for us. .
    Gonzalez was excellent in 2019.

Its no longer 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez was excellent in 2019.

Its no longer 2019.
    Gonzalez was COMPETENT in 2019. He's never been excellent for us. He's never dominated games the way he did sometimes with Galaxy.

He just didn't set many feet wrong that season. Last season he was a shitshow. This year it has continued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

i agree with this, although Jozy looked poor - hard working but very poor touch; never seen that from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Dude, he was done when we got him. He's had maybe two good games for us. He's just too slow and he makes too many poor decisions to make up for it now.

As for Jozy, I'm sure the skill is there, but he's lost a step and hasn't adjusted for it at all. He's still playing to the top of the box and the spot, never to the back post, he's still trying to turn-and-shoot one touch stuff.

He has always seemed a little arrogant about his abilities and he can't afford to be after so many injuries. He needs to muck in, hassle guys in the box, drag players out of position. Instead, he's playing like a dominant striker and it's possible that wouldn't be the case even WITHOUT a bunch of injuries.

I get that's he's a club legend but we're approaching two season now of him largely taking up space. We'd be better to use him as a late sub, where his extra energy against tired players would be more dangerous. If he scores a bunch of late goals and game winners, maybe he gets the fire back to go 100%.
    interesting - I saw him more as losing his touch. but agreed, poor performance. He was very good in the 2019 final but last year was so in and out of the lineup I looked as last night more as a reflection of that lack of play - but you might be right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i agree with this, although Jozy looked poor - hard working but very poor touch; never seen that from him.
    im a jozy fan,and i want him to do well.but he didnt step off the bus last night

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also obvious that Priso has max one more season after current season and then he's sold for for > $10M.