Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No surprise, at all. My only surprise is that Toronto didn't trade him to a US team just like Montreal did with their unvaccinated player. Although maybe his trade value isn't that high, though, given that he's a free agent at season's end.
    Hi Oldtimer;

I totally agree and I would try to get something for him. With this fact and Ali Curtis not bringing in a replacement CB, Ali is as good as gone at the end of the season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Hi Oldtimer;

I totally agree and I would try to get something for him. With this fact and Ali Curtis not bringing in a replacement CB, Ali is as good as gone at the end of the season.
    I agree that the lack of moves suggests that Ali may be gone end of season, although one can never be sure with this team!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I agree that the lack of moves suggests that Ali may be gone end of season, although one can never be sure with this team!
    we can only hope and pray.

curtis-> gone
    bradley-> transitioned to coaching role
    jozy-> bought out or signed on tam deal
    omar-> gone
    gallardo-> gone

then we can finally have the ability to build a squad that can compete

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    we can only hope and pray.

bradley-> transitioned to coaching role

He's not retiring. He has at least another 2 season as a partial starter / bench guy.
    MB will be playing with this club until the point where he's a full time bench guy getting small minutes
    Last edited by jabbronies; 08-13-2021 at 01:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He's not retiring. He has at least another 2 season as a partial starter / bench guy.
    MB will be playing with this club until the point where he's a full time bench guy getting small minutes
    and that's a problem, unless he accepts a cheyrou-esque role.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    and that's a problem, unless he accepts a cheyrou-esque role.
    ya that's where he needs to get to before he leaves. He's not there just yet. By next season we should see him transition to that role, as long as Priso or Fraiser mature enough to take over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    ya that's where he needs to get to before he leaves. He's not there just yet. By next season we should see him transition to that role, as long as Priso or Fraiser mature enough to take over.
    From what he said in his latest interview with Molinaro, I don’t think Fraser will be back next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    From what he said in his latest interview with Molinaro, I don’t think Fraser will be back next year.
    Never seen a fringe player for TFC who has received so much attention from the media.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser has had a couple of good games against teams not pressing him where he has been shielded by the presence of Osorio + either Scott Arfield or Michael Bradly.

Priso looked like crap earlier this season for half a game (can't remember who that was but we all ragged on him & I lost my patience with him that day) then he scored & suddenly he has been confident WITHOUT the DM beside him.

Fraser is fumes - Priso is Fuel additive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Never seen a fringe player for TFC who has received so much attention from the media.
    It has to be ego on a few commentators' parts, the fact that he's always looked a great passer and they just can't separate it from reality. He has had dozens of games to prove himself, he has never shown a sniff above playing a limited zonal role, ala Terry Dunfield or Kyle Bekker. He does nothing to take over a game, to change the tempo, to open the other team up, to shut them down.

He's sort of Sam Cronin lite, with the same basic skill set but less defensive impact. In fact, he's not an impact player, in any way. He has NEVER shown that ability to step up to the next level. I don't know how he did the other day deputizing at CB for Columbus but I know they lost, and I haven't seen any "despite Fraser's brilliance" quotes, so I assume the pattern continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Fraser has had a couple of good games against teams not pressing him where he has been shielded by the presence of Osorio + either Scott Arfield or Michael Bradly.

Priso looked like crap earlier this season for half a game (can't remember who that was but we all ragged on him & I lost my patience with him that day) then he scored & suddenly he has been confident WITHOUT the DM beside him.

Fraser is fumes - Priso is Fuel additive
    To me Fraser looks like an okay prospect in need of some refinement who might otherwise be deserving of time if he wasn’t completely lacking pace. I also struggle to recall him ever playing a 100% clean game. At his best he’d seem to do well 98% of the time but miss one key assignment.

Priso way more upside and game ready IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news on Priso yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Any news on Priso yet?
    This is the most recent news I could find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is the most recent news I could find.

Thank Zeus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I can’t wait for the off-season. This roster needs an overhaul.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    God, I can’t wait for the off-season. This roster needs an overhaul.
    Management overhaul first!!!

They provided a survey of SSH last night on coming back to BMO. Only one spot to ask for comments, which was an “other” answer (2nd question i believe) on what is most important for you to come back. I said “Vaccination/Negative Test” and overhaul of “Current management” or i wont be back as an SSH until you do.

Figured they wouldn’t leave a comments section later, lol - so i guessed right and put my comment in early.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN crew indicating Jozy injury might require injury & might be end of his season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN crew indicating Jozy injury might require injury & might be end of his season.
    might require surgery?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    might require surgery?

They did not elaborate

Mavinga is out because of "personal reasons"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did not elaborate
    I just meant because you wrote “Jozy injury might require injury.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, surgery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy's season is over you gotta think his time at TFC is too. A buy out has to happen. We can't continue to waste that DP spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I've seen enough to say that Perez should exit with Curtis. He somewhat course corrected after Armas but all he really did was return to basics and strip away some of our attacking to help cover the defense. Anybody would've done that, even a hack like Olsen. This coming off season will be as big in our history as the 'Bloody Big Deal' one. Need to get the right GM to rebuild this fast and right. Hopefully Manning is up to the task and doesn't target more of his old playing buddies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see how Pineda does with ATL, he had to have been an option for us. I'm not sold on Perez but that may have to do with the way he came into the position. Curtis has to go and Manning ain't far behind for their handling of the Jozy issue alone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If Jozy's season is over you gotta think his time at TFC is too. A buy out has to happen. We can't continue to waste that DP spot.

How does that work in MLS? I ask because MLS rules can be fucked sometimes. Is it as straightforward as We buy the contract out, we can then get another DP without any cap issues?

UPDATE - I FOUND MY ANSWER:

(D) BUYOUT OF GUARANTEED CONTRACT
    A club may buy out one player who has a Guaranteed Contract (including a DP’s) during the offseason and free up the corresponding budget space. Such a buyout is at the MLS club’s expense.
    A club may not free up room in the salary budget with a buyout of a player’s contract during the season. In the case a team buys out a player’s contract during the season, the buyout amount will be charged against the club’s salary budget.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 08-19-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Pineda does with ATL, he had to have been an option for us. I'm not sold on Perez but that may have to do with the way he came into the position. Curtis has to go and Manning ain't far behind for their handling of the Jozy issue alone.
    I was saying his name since the day Vanney left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done some crunching of the salary cap numbers. Assumptions:
    - The following players are out next season: Jozy, DeLeon, Fraser, Gallardo, Gonzalez, Mullins, Silva
    - Everyone else remains with the team at their current salary levels (even Zavaleta - he's on the vet minimum currently)
    - I've assumed Kemar Lawrence was signed to $500k and Dwyer to $250k
    - Salary numbers for everyone else stays the same for next season

We will have approximately $1.4M in TAM space plus $300k in salary cap space, so about $1.7M available to us in our base TAM/GAM/Salary Cap space. Assuming we miss the playoffs we'll get another $200k in GAM (according to Wikipedia). If we're able to qualify for CCL again, we get an additional $140k. We sold a few international slots this year, so I'll assume we do that again for $160k. This gives us a total of $2.2M in total budget space.

Prime targets:
    - DP striker to replace Jozy ($600k - remaining budget charge doesn't hit the cap)
    - TAM CB to replace OG ($900k)
    That leaves $700k in space to fill out the rest of the roster.

If anyone is interested, I can try and upload the spreadsheet later today for people to play with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I've done some crunching of the salary cap numbers. Assumptions:
    - The following players are out next season: Jozy, DeLeon, Fraser, Gallardo, Gonzalez, Mullins, Silva
    - Everyone else remains with the team at their current salary levels (even Zavaleta - he's on the vet minimum currently)
    - I've assumed Kemar Lawrence was signed to $500k and Dwyer to $250k
    - Salary numbers for everyone else stays the same for next season.
    If I were management I would work really hard to move Bono and maybe Delgado if the right offer came around. I would expect something decent for Delgado but Bono I would let go for even $50K of TAM.

Best hope is that Jozy terminates his contract by mutual consent and we can use our buy out on Dwyer.

I am okay with a true transition year but we need a MLS savy, non-lazy GM who has a legit plan and that GM has a new manager in mind to help him achieve that plan. Everything we have now isn't working and won't work going forward but if Manning keeps Curtis then the status quo will be what's on deck for next season and that probably includes re-signing Gonzalez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Dwyer on guaranteed money beyond this year would be criminally stupid. He was a broken down golf cart who had to essentially trial with the team to sign. Had no leverage.

Even a complete idiot like Curtis should know better than to sign a player like that to a multi year contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Having Dwyer on guaranteed money beyond this year would be criminally stupid. He was a broken down golf cart who had to essentially trial with the team to sign. Had no leverage.

Even a complete idiot like Curtis should know better than to sign a player like that to a multi year contract.
    He's on a two year contract https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...ward-dom-dwyer