Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am sure all the TFC journalists will be able to confirm or deny this rumor by December.
    If we don't hear any legit sourced Giovinco signing news by the time they announce the 2022 seat member drive then we know it's fake because that's all this would be done for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club puppet Gareth Wheeler has this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant even, if he signs for us as a player I'm done.

The FO and MLSE treat it's fans like clueless idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plz take the keys away from the 2 donkeys running this club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club puppet Gareth Wheeler has this

Wheeler will do anything to keep the gravy train going..lol

He knows the game but doesn't want to upset anyone at the club so enables the bs to carry on...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    plz take the keys away from the 2 donkeys running this club
    Am afrid MLSE doesn't have a clue...they actually extended these two morons recently so unless they want a huge severance buy out...we are stuck with them running us further into the ground.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Rosters are closed

Sign for 100K for next year - if he's as useless as Dwyer has been, at least it stops the constant talk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sign for 100K for next year - if he's as useless as Dwyer has been, at least it stops the constant talk
    Three issues with all this Giovinco stuff:

1) No way he would come for a supplemental salaried roster spot. Not even sure he would accept TAM but the lowest I could see is the Bradley deal.
    2) Shouldn't sign anyone without the (hopefully) new GM in place and new manager. That's common sense and how it's done.
    3) Seba plays exactly where Solteldo is. If the argument is to dump Solteldo that's short sighted and if by chance Solteldo wants to go back to Brazil as sort of reported, then he was mentioned as a luxury player that we didn't need anyway so why sign a similar but much older player?

Main thing is we need a rebuild. Moves like this are counter productive to rebuilding. It's nostalgia and PR related and really means riding the status quo as they're not going to bring Giovinco to a whole new team of young guys next year and win 4 matches. They're going to do what we've been doing since 2018. Roll it back out with a couple tweaks and hope we have a 2019 season and not another 2018 season. It also means we would maintain the status quo on the FO and manager too and all that adds up to another wooden spoon year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Three issues with all this Giovinco stuff:
    These all make sense.

I'll add two more: he is a fraction of the player he was, and in this league a 5'3 poacher isn't going to have a very easy time.

And... this shit is all Seba's agent pushing for a deal somewhere. So far, unfounded rumors have had him in talks with us, Los Angeles (Vanney connection), Columbus (Bez connection) and Tigres in Liga MX.

He's just trial ballooning a deal because his client is 35 years old and it's a last chance to get a deal somewhere and keep playing. The guy isn't just a legend at this club, he's THE legend. But this move makes no sense and I highly doubt even our current underachieving front office is stupid enough to fall for any of this.

Two goals from open play in two years, in SAUDIA ARABIA. Have you seen the defending in that league? Mo Babouli could do better. (In Seba's defense, a) he's old for a dynamic forward and b) people who watch the league regularly there say he was very influential, opening up space on the pitch, creating breakaway etc, he just didn't ring up points. But... we need a fucking striker, boys. We need an Ole Kamara or a Raul Ruidiaz, a pure striker who doesn't miss chances and can create their own with speed and movement.

It's especially important now that so many teams are playing a high block. Teams who can counter attack with fast wingbacks and a dangerous, speedy striker are going to do more damage than most in this environment. Seba offers us none of that. At best, he'd end up as a false 9 platooning with Pozuelo. Poz is only 29, and already is starting to become injured enough that any contract extension should be for a bit part, or very short, because guys who start missing five, eight, 10 games a season don't usually go back to playing full-time, season in and out.

Seba is a legend; given him a job coaching forwards if he wants to be with the club, or have him come on minimal money as a backup just because he wants to retire here. But any idea of depending on him or using him as a regular striker is just insane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We need an Ole Kamara or a Raul Ruidiaz, a pure striker who doesn't miss chances and can create their own with speed and movement.
    You know we could have got him if we wanted. He has been consistently undervalued in this league and he has always been good yet kicked around a lot.

FWIW he's twice the striker Jozy is or was (in MLS) and he gets zero recognition anywhere.

Rudiaz is awesome but we weren't getting him instead of Seattle but we should totally look for a striker like one of these guys. A full on, out and out striker who doesn't blow chances often. Rudiaz just turns games on their heads. Comes out of nowhere and bang, goal.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 09-17-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes absolutely perfect sense to me, same as Dero in 2014… if he will play for 200K, and if he will accept that he isn’t an automatic starter (again same as Dero)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco makes a good point. If this is a DeRo deal then I’m all in. But this just screams poor management. MLSE needs to fire Bill Manning and Ali Curtis. This is getting fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether it is true or not, this rumor has all the casual fans on Twitter excited. So mission accomplished, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know we could have got him if we wanted. He has been consistently undervalued in this league and he has always been good yet kicked around a lot.

FWIW he's twice the striker Jozy is or was (in MLS) and he gets zero recognition anywhere.

Rudiaz is awesome but we weren't getting him instead of Seattle but we should totally look for a striker like one of these guys. A full on, out and out striker who doesn't blow chances often. Rudiaz just turns games on their heads. Comes out of nowhere and bang, goal.
    I think you're thinking of Kei Kamara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether it is true or not, this rumor has all the casual fans on Twitter excited. So mission accomplished, I guess.
    A story planted by Curtis/Manning to take the heat off everyone calling for their heads. And no doubt the sales/marketing team as well desperate to try and get renewals as the club is in a free fall now. The measely attendance the other night was a diaster. Fans are speaking with their wallets now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    No, I think he means Ola.

Kei Kamara is this guy:

Worst miss of the century - Kei Kamara vs LA Galaxy - EPIC FAIL - YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want no part of Giovinco at this stage. While he remains my favourite TFC player of all time we have to move forward, not backwards with our roster moves.

Wheeler is a garage-band journalist, with no sense of professionalism or higher level thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post

Kei Kamara is this guy:

I think that was in reference to the “we could have him if we wanted him” comment.

Ola was never on the market by Kei is always on the market cause he’s basically the consensus worst guy in the whole league to have in your locker room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post

Kei Kamara is this guy:

Lol. Yeah I was just joking. i was going to add that to the comment but got sidetracked. Kei spent some time at Norwich so I'm all to familiar with his crapness!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I meant Ola. He got shuffled from the Crew to LA to nowhere in China, to DC all the while scoring & playing more than Altidore did when he was here and at his best. We could have got him during that stretch but we had our DP #9.

And Kei Kamara is trash and deserved to play for more than half the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Yeah I was just joking. i was going to add that to the comment but got sidetracked. Kei spent some time at Norwich so I'm all to familiar with his crapness!
    I thought he was actually okay for them. Considering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was actually okay for them. Considering.
    I think it was attitude more than his performance. As other have said he was a locker room cancer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was attitude more than his performance.
    That's his story everywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was attitude more than his performance. As other have said he was a locker room cancer.
    Kei Kamara is somehow 5th all time MLS goal scorer. Locker room cancer he might be, but he scored goals somehow
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why all the vitriol?

None of us have any idea what happened in Saudi. He was without his family, Covid, that is a weird league…

I’d take a flyer on Gio if you could get him for $200K. I mean, Dwyer is the guy in that slot now…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why all the vitriol?

None of us have any idea what happened in Saudi. He was without his family, Covid, that is a weird league…

I’d take a flyer on Gio if you could get him for $200K. I mean, Dwyer is the guy in that slot now…
    Because the front office's poor performance leads many of us to believe they'd try to sell him as a starter, or TAM player, or otherwise the solution to our lack of offensive output.

Nobody's going to begrudge getting him as a backup and club icon who wants to retire in the shirt. But the way he's obviously being shopped to multiple clubs makes it look like his agent is doing his job, which is to angle for more cash and status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

First, no way $200k would do it. Second, he's more in Soteldo's spot. And he's 35 and 2 years removed from even having a respectable season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would wait and see what happens. There really is no bid elsewhere for Gio, it's possible he could be available on a basis that makes sense.

If they are crazy/desperate enough to pay him real money, sure, I will have a pitchfork out myself…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well last time I saw Gio at TFC he was still super competitive, and acted like the MVP. He certainly isn't that anymore.

I don't know if his general outlook of the game has changed being now 35, but if it hasn't then bringing Gio will continue the established theme of players acting like they are better than they are.

Players, fans, and management need to understand that 2022 is not going to be competitive. If there is a large turnover of the roster then an established system will not take form next year, and if somehow we're stuck with the same two running the ship its going to be another lost year.

It's imperative the board get their ducks in a row and get who they want to fix this mess sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-18-2021 at 12:29 AM.