Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We have no natural wing forward other than Pozuelo; we could push Laryea up but then who plays right back?
    Easy solution

Armas: Hey Richie, you're playing Right.
    Laryea: Right back or Right Wing?
    Armas: Both. At the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Marky played right back and DM at Chivas; he doesn't look comfortable on the right, thus the Pozuelo suggestion. If we're going to play Delgado and Laryea high, we might as well switch them and make use of Richie's speed, as Delgado is easily as good a defender.

But neither is ideal as he moves better centrally.

Pozuelo was very effective on the right at Genk, even if it wasn't his prefernce. That pair coming inside would terrify this league, where defenders have a tendency to close late.
    Well I agree, the place you want Delgado is the middle third of the field, he’s sort of pointless in an attacking role.

All that was to point out, even though Delgado might look like a RW in a lineup chart he’s really nothing of the sort. He’s going to be more central and less advanced than Layrea and/or Pozuelo in any attacking sequence.

Really Layrea is the RW in all situations except when we’re defending in a low block.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who gets bumped off the roster with it sitting at the full 30? It could be some loans or designate someone for a full season at TFC II. With the vets starting to return some of the kids will need regular minutes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are people putting lazy ass Jozy over Ayo?

My 11 when healthy

-----------ayo------
    Solteldo-poz-shaff
    -----delgado-oso
    Auro-mavinga-omar-richie
    Bono

Yeah I'd start Delgado and Oso over Bradley they are just flat out better players at this point and I know it won't happen but still TFC were better without Bradley last season.

Who Armas I think Armas will start

---------jozy-----
    Solteldo-poz-ayo
    ----bradley-delgado
    Auro-mavinga-omar-richie
    Bono

He doesn't seem to care about players being used out of position. I'm hoping just because it's early in the system that's why he won't adapt away from the 4-2-3-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Akinola played to the right of Jozy yesterday late in the game, more of a right wing than a striker (similar to what Shaf was playing on the left)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Why are people putting lazy ass Jozy over Ayo?

My 11 when healthy

-----------ayo------
    Solteldo-poz-shaff
    -----delgado-oso
    Auro-mavinga-omar-richie
    Bono

Yeah I'd start Delgado and Oso over Bradley they are just flat out better players at this point and I know it won't happen but still TFC were better without Bradley last season.

The run we made last year was largely due to this duo in the midfield. When Delgado went down, that is when TFC started to slip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. TFC Instagram posts a happy birthday message for Bono.

He responds with:

“announce Soteldo”

hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy isnt lazy. i'm not going to bother showing all the examples of his hard work off the ball; but not gonna stand by while people say this stuff. Plus, Legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Jozy isnt lazy. i'm not going to bother showing all the examples of his hard work off the ball; but not gonna stand by while people say this stuff. Plus, Legend.
    Have you watched him walk around the past two years?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is moved off the 30 man roster with Yef coming in, someone has to go in some way ?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    His nickname is
    pipoqueiro
    The popcorn seller
    Yeah we may want to ignore this one. it means he’s a big name choke-artist in meaningful games. I checked in with a few friends in São Paulo who support competing clubs about him. Luckily they do not feel this nickname fits the player at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So who gets bumped off the roster with it sitting at the full 30? It could be some loans or designate someone for a full season at TFC II. With the vets starting to return some of the kids will need regular minutes.
    Players on long term IR don't count towards the roster - I read it in a Sportsnet article earlier this week. With Achara and Gallardo on long term IR we can sign Yef and be roster compliant until they return. At the point they return, TFC2 will be starting and we can loan out a player like Dunn/Dorsey/JMR to make space and get them playing time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Players on long term IR don't count towards the roster - I read it in a Sportsnet article earlier this week. With Achara and Gallardo on long term IR we can sign Yef and be roster compliant until they return. At the point they return, TFC2 will be starting and we can loan out a player like Dunn/Dorsey/JMR to make space and get them playing time.
    I do wonder if they will want JMR playing at a high level, do they look at Denmark for him as it seems they do have a relationship with HK Kobe or something along that line? Dorsey is the one I wonder about how he is even still here, it is his GA status? They must see something in him they like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wonder if they will want JMR playing at a high level, do they look at Denmark for him as it seems they do have a relationship with HK Kobe or something along that line? Dorsey is the one I wonder about how he is even still here, it is his GA status? They must see something in him they like.
    I don't think Jahkeele is allowed to go to HB Koge in Denmark. U18 players can't be transferred/loaned internationally until they turn 18 (like Davies to Bayern).He's probably limited to TFCII (maybe CPL teams too? Not too sure about the U18 rules)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Jahkeele is allowed to go to HB Koge in Denmark. U18 players can't be transferred/loaned internationally until they turn 18 (like Davies to Bayern).He's probably limited to TFCII (maybe CPL teams too? Not too sure about the U18 rules)
    You are right because he is under 18. I do not even think he could be loaned to a USL Championship side in the US. CPL would work as thats domestic in Canada. This is going back a while but I remember when the Reds signed Amadou Sanyang in 2009 as a 17 year old from Gambia he could not play for the first team until after his 18th birthday which was in August of that year. He played for the TFC Academy squad in the CSL until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is moved off the 30 man roster with Yef coming in, someone has to go in some way ?
    I think Nelson gets loaned out, he is not ready for heavy minutes yet. I think either Priso or Okello also take a loan spell. They all need more minutes than what they will receive from the first team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I think Nelson gets loaned out, he is not ready for heavy minutes yet. I think either Priso or Okello also take a loan spell. They all need more minutes than what they will receive from the first team
    You think so? I’d almost be certain both Okello and Priso stay with the first team, if any of our young players do.

While they are unlikely to get as much time as they are getting right now with injury considerations, I don’t think this is a blip. Armas is pretty serious about playing young talent.

It’s the Endoh’s and DeLeon’s of the team that are going to be challenged.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-26-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s the Endoh’s and DeLeon’s of the team that are going to be challenged.
    I can't see any long term future for Endoh. Feel for the guy as he works his socks off every minute he's on the pitch, but I can't help but feel he isn't MLS standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I can't see any long term future for Endoh. Feel for the guy as he works his socks off every minute he's on the pitch, but I can't help but feel he isn't MLS standard.
    100% he has a spot on the team because he's been around for so long. Though credit to him for fighting his way out of TFC II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos' manager quit today. Some are speculating it is partly because of the sale of Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    100% he has a spot on the team because he's been around for so long. Though credit to him for fighting his way out of TFC II.
    Agreed. He is basically MLS replacement level. He's good enough to stick around for me as a sub. Ideally not regular squad rotation though, but capable reserve for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when are they going to announce this signing. Every outlet plus Santos has said it’s done. By the time they announce it might be old news. We sure do business and PR weirdly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    So when are they going to announce this signing. Every outlet plus Santos has said it’s done. We sure do business weirdly.
    Two weeks.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Two weeks.
    Should have seen that coming haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word out of Brazil this morning was that the announcement is pending visa and a COVID waiver so he can get to Orlando

We all seen this?
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 04-26-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    You might be right, although his hustle is tailor made for Armas’ system

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They posted it now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predictions on jersey number? JMR just changed to 7 and Nelson just changed to 11. Those would've been my guesses. Surprised they let the young guys take those numbers when they were after a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predictions on jersey number? JMR just changed to 7 and Nelson just changed to 11. Those would've been my guesses. Surprised they let the young guys take those numbers when they were after a DP
    Maybe he just goes right on the nose and wears number one.