Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Bradley can still be a productive starter for TFC. Just not a productive starter for 90 minutes every single game. I feel like the first few games of this season (and last season when he returned from injury) he always looked very strong and quick. As the games add up and the miles build he just doesn't have it anymore. Rotating through Delgado, Priso, Bradley and Osorio should hopefully be able to keep all of them fresh as the season goes on.
    Oso looked sluggish in the fist half last game too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame Vanney regarding the Bradley situation. His somewhat hands off man management is what led us here, and didn't seem like the guy to ruffle feathers(mainly vets).

The proper thing to do in 2018 was to tell him he was a weekend player only, no more mid week games after going 90 on the weekend, and only sub appearances if necessary mid week.

If we want Bradley to be our Giggs he CANNOT be asked to play 90 minutes, its so evident at times he is literally on fumes, his legs are cooked.

Last year should have seen Bradley fully transition to a rotation player, or 60 minute sub appearances. Osorio should have already been molded to take over the full time captain role by now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bono
    laryea omar mavinga lawrence
    delgado priso
    oso poz soteldo
    achara

lineup picks itself after last week.

bradley and jozy on in 60/70 minute for priso and achara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is up with Osorio......he’s been on really bad form of late. Even at the gold cup he had one of the worse games of his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He's already up to 1,154 minutes on the season between TFC and CANMNT. A fair amount considering he had a bit of an injury struggle at the beginning of the season and will continue racking up the minutes in world cup qualifiers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    bono
    laryea omar mavinga lawrence
    delgado priso
    oso poz soteldo
    achara

lineup picks itself after last week.

bradley and jozy on in 60/70 minute for priso and achara.
    Yes please. If this doesn't happen I don't know if I would even want to watch the games, because I'm sick of watching slow, shitty football where everything is telegraphed a mile away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has been given a wide berth, contributed early in the season but hasn't produced much offensively lately. TFC and CMNT seem to find a place for him as a wide midfielder / winger. I in my basic knowledge of soccer assumer wide players should be speed demons. But maybe no the case. Why is Osorio played in the wide positions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Osorio has been given a wide berth, contributed early in the season but hasn't produced much offensively lately. TFC and CMNT seem to find a place for him as a wide midfielder / winger. I in my basic knowledge of soccer assumer wide players should be speed demons. But maybe no the case. Why is Osorio played in the wide positions?
    He's playing as a winger who cuts inside, so speed isn't the biggest issue, more acceleration. Either way, Oso is pretty fast, he just doesn't need to show it much usually. The first goal he scored this year was coming in off the left wing to the backpost and the dude burned rubber.

He can play pretty much anywhere so they use him with versatility, mostly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s a stat breakdown for Oso with TFC this season. Great passing, has gotten shots in really high percentage locations, but could take a few more shots. Either we need to get him the ball more when he’s in those dangerous spots or he could perhaps try shooting a bit more.

Either way, has put up some good numbers so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He can play pretty much anywhere so they use him with versatility, mostly.
    This is exactly it. He’s always being asked play a different position. A lot of those spots don’t make the best use of his talents.

Personally, I think he should be playing as one of the 2 pivots in front of the back line. That’s where he works best. Otherwise,TFC should be in the market to fill that position on the right side of the forward line. We don’t have anyone high quality who fits naturally there so we end up plugging in someone out of position or relying on a substitute quality option (like Endoh or DeLeon)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Personally, I think he should be playing as one of the 2 pivots in front of the back line. That’s where he works best. Otherwise,TFC should be in the market to fill that position on the right side of the forward line. We don’t have anyone high quality who fits naturally there so we end up plugging in someone out of position or relying on a substitute quality option (like Endoh or DeLeon)
    I think this is exactly what he should be doing. For me, he is Bradley's successor but he is also one of the very few players on our roster that actually makes runs to the far post in the attacking end (Jozy & Mullins the others but they're slower). Still I would use him as the pivot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think this is exactly what he should be doing. For me, he is Bradley's successor but he is also one of the very few players on our roster that actually makes runs to the far post in the attacking end (Jozy & Mullins the others but they're slower). Still I would use him as the pivot.
    In the second half last game we played a stacked mid; Priso and Delgado still switched based on which side of the field the play developed on, but one moved high as an eight and one moved low as an anchor six. Seemed to work really well, opened up our ability to move between their defensive lines.

If Osorio were central all the time I'd use him as a two-way eight and Delgado as a straight six. The latter doesn't have the range of movement or trickery to create space, but he can knock out quick exit passes and tackles well. Osorio's skill is creating enough space to open it up for other players.

Or the double pivot. Either way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the second half last game we played a stacked mid; Priso and Delgado still switched based on which side of the field the play developed on, but one moved high as an eight and one moved low as an anchor six. Seemed to work really well, opened up our ability to move between their defensive lines.

If Osorio were central all the time I'd use him as a two-way eight and Delgado as a straight six. The latter doesn't have the range of movement or trickery to create space, but he can knock out quick exit passes and tackles well. Osorio's skill is creating enough space to open it up for other players.

Or the double pivot. Either way.
    The good news is that I believe Perez is smart so he realizes all this as well.

Armas would never figure something like this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's already up to 1,154 minutes on the season between TFC and CANMNT. A fair amount considering he had a bit of an injury struggle at the beginning of the season and will continue racking up the minutes in world cup qualifiers.
    He is my favourite player and has been for a long time. He looks a bit off to me and injury might be the reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The good news is that I believe Perez is smart so he realizes all this as well.

Armas would never figure something like this out.
    I'm extremely impressed with Perez so far. Leader. Doesnt mean he will be perfect, but he has demonstrated the knowledge and ruthlessness required of a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely impressed with Perez so far. Leader. Doesnt mean he will be perfect, but he has demonstrated the knowledge and ruthlessness required of a manager.
    He really does seem a proper manager. He's calm, they like how he communicates, he makes performance-based adjustments.

I noticed after the draw with NYC that he was greeted by a slew of their players, as well. That, a history of youth dev that can help our lousy prior efforts improve....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He really does seem a proper manager. He's calm, they like how he communicates, he makes performance-based adjustments.

I noticed after the draw with NYC that he was greeted by a slew of their players, as well. That, a history of youth dev that can help our lousy prior efforts improve....
    If & when Manning fires Curtis and if the new GM wants his own manager as expected, I hope we at least consider Perez to run the academy from top to bottom. This guy has a plan and seems a solid teacher of the game. Get him out there finding and developing talent rather than send him packing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does everyone assume Bradley and Altidore refused to come off last week (ok we know Altidore was pissed in the Orlando game, it was pretty clear Armas and him were not getting along prior) but considering 3 games in 8 days. It wasn't a horrible idea. In fact it was smart.

We are just assuming MB & Jozy had problems with that (i know MB is an ironman for minutes). Would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall to see how it was communicated and received. Just saying, it might not have been as bad as we thought if it was discussed beforehand, etc. like a good coach might do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont mind having perez the rest of the season,but thats hold our horses,we are last in the league,have not won at home yet,have not played a full 90 min and jus got embarrassed a week ago,im not ready to give him the keys yet,but i agree with him working with the academy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perez does have the resume of loads of successful MLS managers:

good football knowledge and grounding (great, in fact), intelligent, good communicator, years as an assistant in MLS so deep knowledge of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Why does everyone assume Bradley and Altidore refused to come off last week (ok we know Altidore was pissed in the Orlando game, it was pretty clear Armas and him were not getting along prior) but considering 3 games in 8 days. It wasn't a horrible idea. In fact it was smart.

We are just assuming MB & Jozy had problems with that (i know MB is an ironman for minutes). Would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall to see how it was communicated and received. Just saying, it might not have been as bad as we thought if it was discussed beforehand, etc. like a good coach might do.
    I was assuming the opposite - that they behaved professionally. Certainly looked that way at the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was assuming the opposite - that they behaved professionally. Certainly looked that way at the game.
    I haven't seen anyone assume that, sort of a strawman argument. A few people asked if Jozy was pissed and the universal answer was 'no'.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen anyone assume that, sort of a strawman argument. A few people asked if Jozy was pissed and the universal answer was 'no'.
    Someone mentioned he took a while to get back out onto the bench in the second half. I was watching on tv and during the pre-game he seemed to be grabbing and fiddling with his ankle a lot...like almost any time they showed him on the screen he was grabbing it and such. It also looked like he was limping a bit or favouring it, so maybe he was potentially receiving some treatment at halftime that took a bit extra before he could get out on the bench to watch. I'm sure 3 games in 8 days doesn't help him at all, I can't imagine he would be upset by being subbed off as he should fully well know the performance put in by Achara that he would have seen was much more commanding than his was. Can't be upset by that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were shots of the both on TV applauding. I don't think you can infer from that that they were angry....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t take anything negative away from it either.

Now that said, it doesn’t necessarily suggest they’d be fully accepting of different roles going forward. At some point though, that writing has to be on the wall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley returned to the bench at the start of the second half, Jozy came out ~15 minutes later with a bit of a limp. They were both very into the game, leaning forward in their seats and standing up at certain points to watch. Bradley headed straight to the south end after the game to meet the fans. Altidore hung out on the pitch for a while after the game talking to the NYCFC keeper. He walked off the field around the same time as Perez, who was also talking to a number of NYCFC players.

If either of them were upset at the move, they didn't show it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Nick DeLeon is done here after the season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Sounds like Nick DeLeon is done here after the season.

No surprise, at all. My only surprise is that Toronto didn't trade him to a US team just like Montreal did with their unvaccinated player. Although maybe his trade value isn't that high, though, given that he's a free agent at season's end.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the full article on DeLeon's situtation. The strangest thing is he's living with roommates who are in a similar situation to him, with family back in "Russia or wherever". We can't get DeLeon his own place to live?
    https://www.thompsoncitizen.net/away...way-1.24350660

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the full article on DeLeon's situtation. The strangest thing is he's living with roommates who are in a similar situation to him, with family back in "Russia or wherever". We can't get DeLeon his own place to live?
    https://www.thompsoncitizen.net/away...way-1.24350660
    He has a home north of Toronto. He is living near the Toronto FC practice facility, likely for convenience reasons.

I do at least respect him for understanding that choices do have consequences (ie. he doesn't go out, just train and recover in quarantine), unlike most anti-vaxxers who wants to have it both ways.