Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first round pick Matt Di Rosa signed with Loudron United in the USL Championship
    https://www.loudoununitedfc.com/news...r-matt-di-rosa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on an Instagram Story it seems Gallardo is with TFC2. Good to get him some minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Centrebacks please. I’m begging. We’ve got a U-22 slot. We should use it. The backline is horrendous and it’s clear this roster doesn’t have an internal solution.

Beyond signing new players, I want Caldwell to be our interim to solve it. I swear Canada’s backline looks so much better when he’s on staff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We outplayed them by a long shot, the 3rd place team and without the brainfart, we take all three. We did it without Osorio, Laryea, Akinola, Zavs and Lawrence. And the there is Acharo (potential upside but unproven). We seriously have the opportunity to play with a Midfielder and turn it into a solid CB or maybe even a GK.

Going to be hard to get to the playoffs, we still haven't played any of the west or Philly but last night felt better. I also liked seeing Soteldo pissed off. We need more of that intensity.

All for One

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I want Caldwell to be our interim to solve it. I swear Canada’s backline looks so much better when he’s on staff.
    Hard pass.

I think former players should have something meaningful on their resume. TV analysis is not meaningful.

It was irritating when deVos tried this trick, and I don’t find it wearing any better the second time around.

Maybe in 20 years when we have forgotten Ryan Nelsen.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-18-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hard pass.

I think former players should have something meaningful on their resume. TV analysis is not meaningful.

It was irritating when deVos tried this trick, and I don’t find it wearing any better the second time around.

Agreed.

These guys are the poster children for nepotism and entitlement. What to be a professional coach? Feel free to try your hand in try the CPL, USL, or the assistant route to build your resume. Don’t shadow assist a national team that’s barely active and tell us that somehow readies you for the next step.

Complete joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Centrebacks please. I’m begging. We’ve got a U-22 slot. We should use it. The backline is horrendous and it’s clear this roster doesn’t have an internal solution.

Beyond signing new players, I want Caldwell to be our interim to solve it. I swear Canada’s backline looks so much better when he’s on staff.
    Given our cap situation, we'd do well to trade for an international spot and then loan an up-and-comer from a premiership team, as we did with Gallacher and Montreal did initially with Luis Binks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo loaned to TFC II. That opens up an international slot, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard pass.

Kind of underselling a guy who’s got a UEFA A, assists with CanMNT and runs Oakville. No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of underselling a guy who’s got a UEFA A, assists with CanMNT and runs Oakville. No?
    Seems you are probably underselling the guy we have coaching currently who has a UEFA Pro license, has worked for Real Madrid, City Football Group and the USMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Gallardo loaned to TFC II. That opens up an international slot, I believe.
    Doubt it. It's just going to be for today's game not a full season loan. Same as when Singh/Nelson/Priso/Silva/Marshall-Rutty/Okello all went down to TFC2. TFC posts a "player has been loaned" article every time.

Also, Perruzza is officially back with TFC from his loan to San Antonio https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...uzza-from-loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get where you're coming from dude, but passing the tests isn't enough when so much of coaching is personality and emotional intelligence.

Until he's run at a team at that level or something close -- say USL or CPL, at least -- we have no way of knowing if he's either tactically or personnel smart, just that he's passed a test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I get where you're coming from dude, but passing the tests isn't enough when so much of coaching is personality and emotional intelligence.

Until he's run at a team at that level or something close -- say USL or CPL, at least -- we have no way of knowing if he's either tactically or personnel smart, just that he's passed a test.
    If there is a clue as to what "kind of guy" Caldwell would be from his TV persona, it isn't reassuring.

Ask yourself, what has he explained to you about soccer? Is he a teacher? Because that is what players respond to.

Caldwell is a product of the 1980s/1990s British youth system and goes on every game about "toughness" and "mentality" and "getting stuck in" ... but have a look at the EPL, these blood and guts guys are being driven out of the game there.

I liked him as a player but I cooled to Caldwell early as an analyst. When that Impact player (I can't remember who he was) nearly killed Beitashour, and I am not describing what happened with hyperbole, Caldwell didn't even notice it, it was just a hard tackle. Nothing in it for him, as he loves to say.

I'll bet everyone still on the team from that era remembers exactly what I am talking about.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-18-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems you are probably underselling the guy we have coaching currently who has a UEFA Pro license, has worked for Real Madrid, City Football Group and the USMNT.
    This is also likely true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a clue as to what "kind of guy" Caldwell would be from his TV persona, it isn't reassuring.

Ask yourself, what has he explained to you about soccer? Is he a teacher? Because that is what players respond to.

Caldwell is a product of the 1980s/1990s British youth system and goes on every game about "toughness" and "mentality" and "getting stuck in" ... but have a look at the EPL, these blood and guts guys are being driven out of the game there.

I liked him as a player but I cooled to Caldwell early as an analyst. When that Impact player (I can't remember who he was) nearly killed Beitashour, and I am not describing what happened with hyperbole, Caldwell didn't even notice it, it was just a hard tackle. Nothing in it for him, as he loves to say.

I'll bet everyone still on the team from that era remembers exactly what I am talking about.
    I remember the Beitashour tackle now that you mention it. I still disagree re: Caldwell as a personality. Pretty clear that throughout his career he's just been the kind of guy that people are drawn to. Consistently captaining sides, etc. I also think he genuinely believes in the youth movement in Canada. Say what you want, he has gotten stuck into Canadian soccer.

https://theprovince.com/sports/socce...ve-meant-death Here's the article on Beita for those that want to know

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola out of the CanMNT USMNT game with a knee or ankle injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

Doesn’t have the right experience and his thoughts on the game publicly expose what sounds like an outdated approach. Hard pass for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to the Gallardo loan, Junior Hoilett is out there on Twitter liking posts like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to the Gallardo loan, Junior Hoilett is out there on Twitter liking posts like this:

no way...he would take time away from mullinho,he secured the draw last night replacing yefe in the last 5 min on the wing.they call him the closer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    no way...he would take time away from mullinho,he secured the draw last night replacing yefe in the last 5 min on the wing.they call him the closer

People laugh but that was the reason given by Perez for that sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I saw that.i was being sarcastic,the fact that mullinho has been in almost every game this season shows how poor our bench is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also liked a pro-Jozy tweet and a tweet from TFC about training being in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta captained El Salvador again tonight. They lost 1-0 to Mexico, but the goal came off a tough deflection. I was only half paying attention but it seemed Zavs had a solid game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Armas coached NYRB for a year or so. Yet, it’s obvious during his brief tenure he had no idea what he’s doing. A coaching license is a minimum to prove you at least know what you’re doing.

That UEFA or USSF license should at least get you a youth coaching gig. Once you cut your teeth there and prove you can manage personalities, then you can get promoted to senior coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It's actual a solid reason. Who would you want in the box defending a corner - 6'1 Mullins or 5'2 Soteldo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It's actual a solid reason. Who would you want in the box defending a corner - 6'1 Mullins or 5'2 Soteldo
    yes,. but.you got 2 cbs on the bench and 3 mids,playing at home for the first time in 16mths in last place playing for a tie seems like kinda negative

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes,. but.you got 2 cbs on the bench and 3 mids,playing at home for the first time in 16mths in last place playing for a tie seems like kinda negative
    Mullins over Soteldo in the final 5 minutes made sense to me. He is more likely to Defend harder than Soteldo would.

And if we did get a lucky break up the pitch, I'd put my money on Mullins to really test the defence/goallie over one of our CB options we had for that match.
    The rest of the subs that night were too young for that moment. They are more likely to make some dumb rookie mistake in the final seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the work Mullinho put in playing LM to close out the game versus the Revs to see why he was brought on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plan and simple we need another CB is the top priority and depth at striker over Dwyer and Mullins especially now that Akinola might be out weeks with the injury to his knee last night for Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Mullins over Soteldo in the final 5 minutes made sense to me. He is more likely to Defend harder than Soteldo would.

And if we did get a lucky break up the pitch, I'd put my money on Mullins to really test the defence/goallie over one of our CB options we had for that match.
    The rest of the subs that night were too young for that moment. They are more likely to make some dumb rookie mistake in the final seconds.
    rookie mistakes?? like auro has done 3 or 4 times already this season