Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 2246
  1. #541
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also I bet Ali and Armas are after Aaron Long. Long nearly moved three different times to Europe but may have missed his window. He is in the last year of his deal and will be looking for real money. This is how Walker Zimmerman moved....
    Never thought of it but this makes too much sense. Hopefully not Delgado though. Still think he's a key guy for what Armas is doing.

  2. #542
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It seems to me we are going to trade Delgado for one. Or someone similar.

    Also I bet Ali and Armas are after Aaron Long. Long nearly moved three different times to Europe but may have missed his window. He is in the last year of his deal and will be looking for real money. This is how Walker Zimmerman moved....
    Delgado makes a lot of sense especially if Richie moves up the field

  3. #543
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Death, taxes and wrongly assuming Marky Delgado will be traded. These are the only guarantees in life.

  4. #544
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pretty sure Laryea goes in the summer so not sure why Mark (he has apparently dropped the y) Delgado has to be the one. If Long is a "he's going to leave soon so we have to sell" sort of deal, that usually is Garber bucks.

  5. #545
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great goal by Wondo here. We definitely DONT want the RSL Centre backs : https://twitter.com/rudischuller/sta...620005892?s=21
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-08-2021 at 12:22 AM.

  6. #546
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Great goal by Wondo here. We definitely DONT want the RSL Centre backs : https://twitter.com/rudischuller/sta...620005892?s=21
    How about that cross though? Pretty great ball.

  7. #547
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Junior Hoilett can't get into a game to save his life in Cardiff. Free Junior Hoilett in the Summer? Thats a profile that would really work on the right hand side playing off Pozuelo and Soteldo. Obviously not as a DP.

  8. #548
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Junior Hoilett can't get into a game to save his life in Cardiff. Free Junior Hoilett in the Summer? Thats a profile that would really work on the right hand side playing off Pozuelo and Soteldo. Obviously not as a DP.

    you'd love a whole team of Pacey Wingers, eh?

  9. #549
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #550
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,056
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    over and under on how many players go down today,lost shaff and oso tuesdays i say 2 more today.its too cool and rainy for jozy s hammies today.

  11. #551
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    you'd love a whole team of Pacey Wingers, eh?
    Can't get enough!

  12. #552
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Junior Hoilett is now available:

    It’s been a pleasure to call Cardiff my home for the past 5 years, I experienced some beautiful moments and created unforgettable memories through out the years.Firstly I want to thank the fans for the fantastic support they show the team and I since day one it’s been unreal(1/3) https://t.co/OJcpcxjYAo

  13. #553
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Junior Hoilett is now available:

    It’s been a pleasure to call Cardiff my home for the past 5 years, I experienced some beautiful moments and created unforgettable memories through out the years.Firstly I want to thank the fans for the fantastic support they show the team and I since day one it’s been unreal(1/3) https://t.co/OJcpcxjYAo

    Shouldn't this be in the CMNT section? I hope you don't believe TFC should be considering him, do you?

  14. #554
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the CMNT section? I hope you don't believe TFC should be considering him, do you?
    Of course they should. He would be an upgrade at wing. His wage bill would no longer be exceptionally high.

  15. #555
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He'd probably still demand TAM wages and frankly I don't think he's good enough any more to earn them. And winger isn't really a problem position any more, especially at LW where we already have 3 guys who have it as their best position and one of them is Soteldo

  16. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    While he’s better on the left, playing on the right isn’t out of the question. To be honest, I’ll be more surprised than not if he isn’t playing for TFC come August 1st. Just get the sense this one will happen.

    I’m 50 / 50 as to whether it’s a good idea. He’s reasonably versatile, tracks back, and good chip in the odd goal. Pretty much Piatti, but two years younger.

  17. #557
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Of course they should. He would be an upgrade at wing. His wage bill would no longer be exceptionally high.
    He a fringe player on a middle of the pack second division team. At most he's a league max salary player.

    TFC should be going after starters. Not bench players.

  18. #558
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hoilett will either stay in England or end up with a team like the Revs in MLS.

  19. #559
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He a fringe player on a middle of the pack second division team. At most he's a league max salary player.

    TFC should be going after starters. Not bench players.
    I would take him over Deleon in a second, and I liked Deleon.

  20. #560
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,047
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn’t he play a lot of striker over the years? I think he's possibly more of a Mullins replacement, if anything, no?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  21. #561
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Didn’t he play a lot of striker over the years? I think he's possibly more of a Mullins replacement, if anything, no?
    A damned expensive replacement for Moulinho

  22. #562
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,047
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A damned expensive replacement for Moulinho
    So that is your answer then. If he will not come for $300K, Mullinho is fine, and we have other fish to fry.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  23. #563
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Junior would be more than welcome imo. We’re not exactly bursting with starting quality wingers. The drop off in quality after Soteldo is... severe to put it kindly.

    Then again these things have everything to do with $$$.

  24. #564
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Junior would be more than welcome imo. We’re not exactly bursting with starting quality wingers. The drop off in quality after Soteldo is... severe to put it kindly.

    Then again these things have everything to do with $$$.
    Molinaro was suggesting today that TFC wasn't done with tweaking the roster.

  25. #565
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I would take him over Deleon in a second, and I liked Deleon.
    I would assume TFC's plan is to never have to go out and buy another Nick DeLeon or similar. Those spots should be filled by youth players coming up the ranks that don't cost as much, even as they age.

  26. #566
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...dorsey-waivers

    Dorsey on waivers. Presumably clears some roster spots which they would need in the future. I know the draft is a crapshoot but missing out on St Clair and Buchanan in this draft looks like a big mistake.

  27. #567
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We now have 32 players under contract, including Romeo and Fraser out on loan, 30 not including them. I'm a little surprised they didn't just full year loan him to TFC2, unless they wanted to and Dorsey didn't want to go down to the third tier. I can see him maybe joining a USL-C team, maybe Colorado Springs Switchbacks since he's from Colorado

  28. #568
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...dorsey-waivers

    Dorsey on waivers. Presumably clears some roster spots which they would need in the future. I know the draft is a crapshoot but missing out on St Clair and Buchanan in this draft looks like a big mistake.
    Our scouting on that one seemed roundly awful. There were a lot of players that showed better in the combine (and during the NCAA season) but our staff were hypnotized by some kid who gave a “Remember the Titans” speech during interviews about being a real team player, etc, etc...

  29. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The GA status is what brought Dorsey here in the first place. Nevermind the scouting. When you’re right up against the cap like we almost always are - taking a GA in the draft is a no brainer.

  30. #570
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,901
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The GA status is what brought Dorsey here in the first place. Nevermind the scouting. When you’re right up against the cap like we almost always are - taking a GA in the draft is a no brainer.
    Exactly , it was his GA status that kept him here into his third season despite making only 5 first team appearances. Wish him all the best as once a Red, always a Red !!

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •