Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2246
  1. #1111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Never mind structure and long term plans, what about the next month? If Jozy's barred and Akinola is away at the Gold Cup with four other TFC players including Osorio and Laryea ... who the hell is going to score the goals? They might get a goal each over the next five games if we're lucky but I just can't see Mullins and Dwyer cutting the mustard. We need a decent striker pronto ...

  2. #1112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good luck with that,its going on 7 wks with the jozy situation,even if they resolve the jozy situation he probs wont play for another month he is busy watching tennis,and the roster is a mess,over the limit and no intl spots at the moment...looks mullinho and dwyer for a while,

  3. #1113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    good luck with that,its going on 7 wks with the jozy situation,even if they resolve the jozy situation he probs wont play for another month he is busy watching tennis,and the roster is a mess,over the limit and no intl spots at the moment...looks mullinho and dwyer for a while,
    It's been 7 weeks already?

    Okay so converted to Curtis time then there's only 5 Earth weeks to go.

  4. #1114
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Never mind structure and long term plans, what about the next month? If Jozy's barred and Akinola is away at the Gold Cup with four other TFC players including Osorio and Laryea ... who the hell is going to score the goals? They might get a goal each over the next five games if we're lucky but I just can't see Mullins and Dwyer cutting the mustard. We need a decent striker pronto ...

    FWIW

    Achara back in training next week

  5. #1115
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i actually think that is big, hopefully he doesn't get injured him in practice. (touch wood)

  6. #1116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

    Achara back in training next week
    I honestly forgot he was on the team. Had such high hopes after the preseason and his first game. Then covid and injuries, I have no idea what to expect anymore.

  7. #1117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't expect much from Achara this season. He has been out for a looooong time with a pretty serious injury.

  8. #1118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its just nice to have some good news for a change, I will be happy to see Achara back

  9. #1119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://mlsmultiplex.com/2021/07/02/...oosing-canada/

    Some cold sauce from former US U20 coach Tony Meola, saying Akinola has peaked and has no "upside".

    Even if you believed it, I don't know why a coach would say that to one of his former players. What a child.

  10. #1120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://mlsmultiplex.com/2021/07/02/...oosing-canada/

    Some cold sauce from former US U20 coach Tony Meola, saying Akinola has peaked and has no "upside".

    Even if you believed it, I don't know why a coach would say that to one of his former players. What a child.
    The American Superiority Complex meets the World’s (primarily Europe) need to tell America it is inferior at soccer. Interest results prevail and some of the natives are overly self conscious.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-03-2021 at 06:22 AM.

  11. #1121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love how in the one part he is referred to as " Iowa canola"

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://mlsmultiplex.com/2021/07/02/...oosing-canada/

    Some cold sauce from former US U20 coach Tony Meola, saying Akinola has peaked and has no "upside".

    Even if you believed it, I don't know why a coach would say that to one of his former players. What a child.

  12. #1122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I love how in the one part he is referred to as " Iowa canola"
    Yah nice autocct there

  13. #1123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you're watching England-Ukraine, Yaremchuk is the kind of forward that would be a perfect number 9 signing if somehow we magically got a DP spot back.

  14. #1124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If you're watching England-Ukraine, Yaremchuk is the kind of forward that would be a perfect number 9 signing if somehow we magically got a DP spot back.
    It’s really noticeable in this tournament how European teams and leagues get the pick of their nations’ athletic prime; everyone’s an absolute physical specimen compared to MLS.

    It’s not vastly superior training, they just weed out everyone who would, under continual peak training, break down over time. That’s why there are so many stories over there of prodigies crapping out young due to joint and muscle injuries.

  15. #1125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,694
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jozy 100% should be brought back into the team now that Armas is gone.

    Get him playing, god willing get him scoring, and we might actually be able to move him without taking a bath on a deal before his contract is up.

  16. #1126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And, at the same time, get rid of Bonehead!

  17. #1127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    And, at the same time, get rid of Bonehead!
    there are alot of boneheads which one?

  18. #1128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bono

  19. #1129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    there are alot of boneheads which one?

  20. #1130
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,756
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting ..


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  21. #1131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/0...-trade-in-mls/

    Mavinga gets a nod as a Liverpool alum.

  22. #1132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jozy with the interesting post/Arial pic of Toronto this morning on IG…

  23. #1133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Personally not that excited if Jozy does come back. I love and appreciate everything he has done, but moving on has been the best move for both parties for over a year now. Injuries seem to have put him into a steep decline that make him not worth a DP spot.

  24. #1134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Assuming there's no way to get out of Jozy's contract this season, I'd prefer for him to be available to play and with the team rather than not. In the off season they can discuss buyout options or contract restructuring. At the very least, playing him could showcase him for a potential transfer.

  25. #1135
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Singh's article today indicates Jozy talks went well & he will likely be back for the 17th.

    https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/7/...rmas-era-begin

  26. #1136
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Singh's article today indicates Jozy talks went well & he will likely be back for the 17th.

    https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/7/...rmas-era-begin
    The fact that the conversation was had suggests the issue really was between Jozy and Armas, not so much Jozy and the club.

  27. #1137
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,756
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Patrick Mullins goal for TFC vs Nashville a few weeks ago has been rightfully awarded to Noble Okello for his 1st career MLS goal.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  28. #1138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The fact that the conversation was had suggests the issue really was between Jozy and Armas, not so much Jozy and the club.
    The fact the club let a nobody sideline our top striker is ridiculous. Qhy did Ali not force Armas/Jozy to kiss and makeup? Oh, maybe because that would be a hard decision because he is your friend, well tough shit.

    Just from watching yesterday's conference I get the sense Manning is not pleased with Ali, he must be on the clock.

  29. #1139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The fact the club let a nobody sideline our top striker is ridiculous. Qhy did Ali not force Armas/Jozy to kiss and makeup? Oh, maybe because that would be a hard decision because he is your friend, well tough shit.

    Just from watching yesterday's conference I get the sense Manning is not pleased with Ali, he must be on the clock.
    Curtis has a lot of work to do to prove himself. Solving Jozy, short and long term, trading DeLeon (won’t get vaccinated), new #1 and #3 cbs. If I was Manning, I’d be very worried right now.

  30. #1140
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The fact the club let a nobody sideline our top striker is ridiculous. Qhy did Ali not force Armas/Jozy to kiss and makeup? Oh, maybe because that would be a hard decision because he is your friend, well tough shit.

    Just from watching yesterday's conference I get the sense Manning is not pleased with Ali, he must be on the clock.
    Yup, I don't disagree.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •