Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 2246
  1. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually think getting this guy might help end Jozy's injury woes. If we're throwing Soteldo down the left and Laryea down the right with Pozuelo chipping balls down the middle all Jozy needs to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 50 goals to show up ...

  2. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    I actually think getting this guy might help end Jozy's injury woes. If we're throwing Soteldo down the left and Laryea down the right with Pozuelo chipping balls down the middle all Jozy needs to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 50 goals to show up ...
    True but Armas wants everyone to press.

  3. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They looked pretty gassed as a team. Auro had a rough game as well and that impacted how Singh looked. I’d be hesitant to call out anyone but I think Singh is likely a year or two away as opposed to ready for prime time immediately.

    My thought is we probably lose one (or several) of: Ayo, Osorio, Layrea, Delgado, or Mullins in the summer. Maybe even Jozy.
    Would expect loans for a few youth guys who are further down the pecking order as well.

    I know we always accuse Curtis of being behind on timelines (which has often been fair) but in those case, to me, it feels like he’s making changes here to provide cover before other things happen.
    Laryea will have suitors, Ayo probably too. Osorio will always be in demand in MLS, though moving a guy that useful would be brutally cynical. Delgado's not going anywhere, too consistent to trade for the wage he's on.

    We have an upcoming crisis at wingback if Laryea goes. Auro, Morrow and Griffin Dorsey? Yikes. We NEED a wingback. We already have no proper right-side backup, Auro has off games where he gets caught up field. Dorsey has shown nothing so far but enthusiasm.

  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we’re just doing what we can with Jozy given his condition and available cap space. When the opportunity presents itself, they will waive goodbye.

    Having Soteldo / Pozuelo is a lot like a Rossi / Vela setup. You can field any number of people at striker and goals will come cause the service is there.

    Assume a DP striker will follow but only once Altidore’s spot opens up.

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes, but he ain't playing the #10 here. Nothing in what Poz says when interviewed indicates he is anything but dialed into this team.

    I look at this as a long term move for attacking prowess that the team can build around once Jozy is gone in the next 18 months & once Poz is gone in 2024.

    *******

    Edit: Just realised why the Wow.

    He has Pele's # on Pele's team. That is a thing down there for sure.
    Haha amusing post, parts 1 and 2. Agreed, he is not an AM here while Poz is around.

    This will be the first player TFC get where I would want to get the guy’s jersey from his former team, rather than TFC
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://translate.google.com/transla...ted-player.htm

    We're offering Soteldo between $4M and $4.5M per season for a contract of 4-5 years. In comparison, Poz is on $3.8M.

  7. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://translate.google.com/transla...ted-player.htm

    We're offering Soteldo between $4M and $4.5M per season for a contract of 4-5 years. In comparison, Poz is on $3.8M.
    If true, I think the fee may need to be higher than 6M. Just based on my general since of the ratio of a players new contract to the transfer fee, for a quality player under contract. It's usually a lot more than 1.5x the annual salary. The other guy Santos just sold, Verissimo, has a new annual contract of 1M euros and sold for 6.5M euros (but every situation is different).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This seems pretty much done. I knew the new transfer thread would be just the thing we needed to get the transfers moving.

  9. #159
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://translate.google.com/transla...ted-player.htm

    We're offering Soteldo between $4M and $4.5M per season for a contract of 4-5 years. In comparison, Poz is on $3.8M.

    The discussion of MLS DP's in that article is....amusing. Pretty darn sure his source is wikipedia but there is a point to be made about current MLS DP's not being the old superstars they used to be.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-23-2021 at 12:25 PM.

  10. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The important piece imo is that Soteldo specifically mentioned that clubs even in Europe are folding - MLS is stable and that's a prime reason why he's coming.

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Laryea will have suitors, Ayo probably too. Osorio will always be in demand in MLS, though moving a guy that useful would be brutally cynical. Delgado's not going anywhere, too consistent to trade for the wage he's on.

    We have an upcoming crisis at wingback if Laryea goes. Auro, Morrow and Griffin Dorsey? Yikes. We NEED a wingback. We already have no proper right-side backup, Auro has off games where he gets caught up field. Dorsey has shown nothing so far but enthusiasm.
    If Richie leaves we should bring in Juan Cordova and also try to get Gallagher back.

  12. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yefe is 23 and has 3 kids? His workrate on and off the field sounds outstanding.

  13. #163
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Shout out to Michael Singh where I saw him repost

  14. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If true, I think the fee may need to be higher than 6M. Just based on my general since of the ratio of a players new contract to the transfer fee, for a quality player under contract. It's usually a lot more than 1.5x the annual salary. The other guy Santos just sold, Verissimo, has a new annual contract of 1M euros and sold for 6.5M euros (but every situation is different).
    Yes, but keep in mind that we're in MLS. So transfer fee isn't affected by us being an MLS team, but salary is. The team doesn't care who the $6 million is coming from, it's six million. The player does care about their salary given its MLS. So the salary bump above market value doesn't affect market value transfer fee. If his market value is $2 million salary, then a $6 million fee is triple his market value salary (the fact that we'd be paying extra salary doesn't affect that).

    Also, Santos is in a major financial crunch, which gives us leverage. If they're truly in need of money and can't afford to retain him, they'll take it, if no one is offering anything similar, even if it's slightly under value.
    I think Toronto will counter in the middle with $7 and they'll take it.
    Last edited by rydermike; 04-23-2021 at 02:56 PM.

  15. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Yes, but keep in mind that we're in MLS. So transfer fee isn't affected by us being an MLS team, but salary is. The team doesn't care who the $6 million is coming from, it's six million. The player does care about their salary given its MLS. So the salary bump above market value doesn't affect market value transfer fee. If his market value is $2 million salary, then a $6 million fee is triple his market value salary (the fact that we'd be paying extra salary doesn't affect that).

    Also, Santos is in a major financial crunch, which gives us leverage. If they're truly in need of money and can't afford to retain him, they'll take it, if no one is offering anything similar, even if it's slightly under value.
    I think Toronto will counter in the middle with $7 and they'll take it.
    He won't get bounced cheques from MLSE, that's for sure. I'm also sure that MLSE doesn't care how much a DP is earning, as long as the DP is performing to the level of a DP slot (looking at you, Jozy).

  16. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yefe is 23 and has 3 kids? His workrate on and off the field sounds outstanding.
    LOL, outstanding work in this thread, by the way.

  17. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Game, set and match.

    Yeferson plays for Toronto FC.

    https://twitter.com/CLMerlo/status/1...010426368?s=20

  18. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can hear vanney now...a pacey winger wtf,5 years to late

  19. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is the type of player we've been needing since we sold giovinco

  20. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man, I hope it's true, I really hope it's true! Gonna love to see Soteldo playing for us!

    Gonna buy a jersey with his name and number!

  21. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He has a lot of Lorenzo Insigne in his game. Hope he rips it up here for the next decade.

  22. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    now i pissed that we cant go to bmo,he is the kinda player i wanna see live

  23. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    RIGHT AFTER I bought a Pozo kit too... oh well, I can buy the 2022 MLS Champ kit of Soteldo.

  24. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    report-santos-agree-to-sell-yeferson-soteldo-to-toronto-fc

    https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/...-to-toronto-fc

  25. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,694
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By all accounts this seems like a great get, and fills a need in the team too. Solid stuff.

  26. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right ... get him out of Brazil ASAP and into quarantine somewhere and while we're at it pump a vaccine into him so he can get into a game ...

  27. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Right ... get him out of Brazil ASAP and into quarantine somewhere and while we're at it pump a vaccine into him so he can get into a game ...
    I don't think he can play for us until the July transfer window. But I think he can play for us in the CCL.

  28. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    I don't think he can play for us until the July transfer window. But I think he can play for us in the CCL.
    He's in our transfer window - ends May 2nd

  29. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    now i pissed that we cant go to bmo,he is the kinda player i wanna see live
    Don;t worry TFC will most likely be playing in BMO with crowds in July

  30. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very solid DP acquisition. It will likely take him some time to get acclimated to MLS, but he should be able to make an immediate impact in the CCL.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •