Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Yes, very interesting 2 weeks ahead!
    Also some hard decisions to make by Armas about what team to put out in each of these 4 following matches (no matter even if the injured list would be just minimal).
    Stayed up late and watched Cruz vs CA.. (will not say result) , so the next two league games mean something to Cruz. I caught the second half. Very good pace (expected more quality). So much bickering with the occasional rolling on the ground. Bad tempers and more physical, what you want in a 1st vs 2nd. The wings will kill us if we aren’t careful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This game got me right back to feeling negative about pro sports during Covid, and it's not because we lost.

Everything about it was off and felt fake.

Playing in Florida. Playing in midday heat. Playing Montreal in Florida. Playing with no training camp because of an outbreak. Playing in empty stadiums. Playing 60 hours after the last game, in 33 heat and 90% humidity, when you had a choice, ffs.

I didn’t watch last year, the Leon games got me back in big time, but now.. I dunno. I will watch the CCL games for sure, but that may be it.

It is about money and nothing else. I get why that works for the owners and players, but it doesn’t work for me.
    I definitely feel this as well. Post-pandemic last year I didn’t watch at all consistently. I felt so disconnected from it all. I still do to be honest and can definitely see myself picking and choosing the games I watch later in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I definitely feel this as well. Post-pandemic last year I didn’t watch at all consistently. I felt so disconnected from it all. I still do to be honest and can definitely see myself picking and choosing the games I watch later in the season.

Yup. but that second leg v Leon....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't blame MLS at all, but I blame (big!) MLSE/TFC, for not objecting this start time at least 10 days ago, asking to change it for earliest possible to 6 PM.
    Yeah, I would have to agree here. This is one of the key games of the year for building TV viewership (and down the road generating gate traffic, if that ever happens). Someone who is on the fence turns into that game and sees that performance, you’ve lost them as a viewer until the next big attention catching event occurs (and that’s won’t be the CCL unless it’s the final, hate to break it to some people).

Worst part being, it’s not like our team isn’t worth the attention. I very much think it is. But you’re never going to build a TV audience with Julian DeGuzman, Steven Caldwell, and 2pm kickoffs in god damn south Florida on 3 days rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    These are all good points. Also playing after the team had NOBODY in charge of health & fitness maintenance over the off-season, despite all the other massive problems the athletes have to deal with.
    Yeah, not to pile on, but add it to the list of things where Curtis hasn’t been on-the-ball.

Either you hire the new full-time fitness coach or you get a consultant to come in and provide the program. If the old guy wasn’t doing this you should have been aware and corrected the issue. You don’t sit on your ass and do nothing, wait until your head coach is in place and then he hires his staff and THEN you provide some sort of program.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-18-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there were a better answer. Canadian teams in North American sports are f$*#$ until this is over, and I don't see the point. Vanney quitting told you everything you need to know about how hard this is on management at Canadian teams.

But for many here, TFC is a welcome distraction (even if it is a shambolic version!) and I don't want to pee in anyone's cornflakes.

I also think it's kind of wrong to get riled about management failures around acquiring players, fitness etc... if somebody isn't doing their job properly in this thing, I get it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I wish there were a better answer. Canadian teams in North American sports are f$*#$ until this is over, and I don't see the point. Vanney quitting told you everything you need to know about how hard this is on management at Canadian teams.
    I suppose this is a fair question to ask.

Is it fair to expect TFC to win everything and play super awesome soccer during these conditions?

I'm just happy with some decent footy and something to build for next season when this COVID doesn't turn everything into shambles.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it fair to say that Bono could have stopped at least 2 of those goals? I will put money on Bono NOT starting against Vancouver.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently Richie Laryea's goal was the only goal from open play by any of the remaining 8 CCL teams this past weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Is it fair to say that Bono could have stopped at least 2 of those goals? I will put money on Bono NOT starting against Vancouver.
    When you think back to 2017, it's amazing just how far Bono has fallen. Sad to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    When you think back to 2017, it's amazing just how far Bono has fallen. Sad to see.
    He did save the tie against Leon with a pretty spectacular save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't blame MLS at all, but I blame (big!) MLSE/TFC, for not objecting this start time at least 10 days ago, asking to change it for earliest possible to 6 PM.
    Actually, the culprit is CTV. Anyone actually think CTV would agree to televise this in prime time and disrupt their great American programming? :-P

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So apparently Richie Laryea's goal was the only goal from open play by any of the remaining 8 CCL teams this past weekend.
    Where do you get these stats... nice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I think the mental part of the game gets to Bono and he is having trouble dealing with that. I still recall being in the south end and he let a goal in like what went in on Saturday and he was repeatedly hitting himself in the head beating himself up over it right after it. I would think stuff like that gets you out of it a bit for the rest of the game. I can't see Westberg doing that kind of thing as he seems to have the calm composure about him in times like that.

Giveaways by Auro on the two goals hopefully was just an off day for him too because we should have not turned over the ball in the first place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Where do you get these stats... nice.
    Doyle retweeted this