Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the end of the day,,,i still blame curtis,no left back.no cb cover no wingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing after such a high after knocking down Leon.... but as stated earlier, key key parts missing to the line-up. Trouble is a couple key parts just never maintain healthy status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't watch the game... What the hell happened? I can't believe we let Montreal score 4 times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed it during the game, but what the hell was that reaction from Peruzza? Only acceptable reaction for a teammate scoring is being happy for the guy
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas has very limited options at the moment.

An emotional letdown after Wednesday on short rest with a severely depleted lineup...I'll give them a pass today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing with no DPs is hard.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

I missed it during the game, but what the hell was that reaction from Peruzza? Only acceptable reaction for a teammate scoring is being happy for the guy

Hmm...that will be on game film & there will be a discussion sometime this week. Lets see if the attitude repeats itself somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a bad feeling we were going to come crashing down to earth today tbh. Auro, OG, and Singh were as bad today as they were good on Wed. Embarassing set piece defending by Bradley on the third. Very little creativity especially on the bench - really, Morrow at LW when we're behind? Didn't realize DeLeon was on since half time until like 70 mins in

Our CB's are still extremely vulnerable in transition and there will be more of those moments if we're a pressing team. That's going to be the easiest way to beat us until we get a better CB or Singh makes a colossal improvement

Also I'm furious at TSN for getting rid of KJ so they could hire JDG instead - I know he's new at this but I honestly don't see a path towards him being even passable as a TV personality, that's how bad he was today and during the one playoff game last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That first goal was brutal. It changed everything. Screwups from everybody at the back on that play.

We were chasing the game in scorching heat from then on.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're used to playing with 3 DPs.

in 2017, we essentially had 4/5.

today we were playing with 0, and missng TAM mids and defenders too.

very tough, montreal targeted singh, but some nice passing movement and you can see what they are trying to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coach was naive to keep the same lineup, but he didn't have huge choices. Auro had a stinker. Best forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    we're used to playing with 3 DPs.

in 2017, we essentially had 4/5.

today we were playing with 0, and missng TAM mids and defenders too.

very tough, montreal targeted singh, but some nice passing movement and you can see what they are trying to do.
    we have been playing with one DP for almost 2 yrs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things will be alright. I'm not even upset.

We just had 2 big CCL games. The kids are still inexperienced and they will improve over the season. We are missing many starters. Even Vanney wouldn't have won this game with the youngsters.

The positive is the kids will know what losing and the lows feel likes after a major high. The kids are getting experience that will help later on in the season.

Once all the injured players and a new DP eventually comes and kids are experienced we will be very strong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    piatti played most games last season, jozy played about 1/2.

poz played every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe CF Montreal have just one DP on their roster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. I'm not upset. It sucks, but this is what happens when you play CCL and half the team is injured. I would take beating Leon over a team we play 100 times a year any day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Covid
    Injuries
    Games

Caught up to us this game
    YES and I blame MLS. How can you book at 2o’clock game in 33°C or 92°F.

We just took out one of the top three Mexican teams, and we’re about to play one of the top two Mexican teams. At least start the game at 7pm and find a northern game to start in the afternoon.

The problem now is i’m invested in CCL, so do you play everyone hard now against the Whitecaps or do you prepare for Cruz.

No excuses for Ali, but for Armas and the boys a little.

In two weeks, we could be 2 - 1 and into the CCL semis or 0-3 and out of the CCL. These boards are going to be very interesting to watch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still prefer what just happened the last 3 matches to throwing Champions League for MLS results.

We scored twice.

We have a week to recover and tweak things against Vancouver.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Richie missed him twice on a square pass for a goal including that one. I’d also be pissed.

Richie playing like he’s playing for himself (and a transfer to Besiktas).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Richie missed him twice on a square pass for a goal including that one. I’d also be pissed.

Richie playing like he’s playing for himself (and a transfer to Besiktas).
    First of all your team scored and you still react like that? Try that shit in Europe and you won’t be seeing the field for awhile. Hopefully it’s a one off , can’t say I’ve ever seen Altidore react like that after TFC scored and he thought the player scoring should have passed him the ball. It’s a team game your team just scored you don’t react like that. If I’m Laryea I’m giving him an earful once I see the highlight but I’m sure a Bradley will have a nice little talk with him once he sees that highlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    piatti played most games last season, jozy played about 1/2.

poz played every game.
    yes in name only,,piatti and jozy s 2 goals and missing half the season are not dp caliber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    YES and I blame MLS. How can you book at 2o’clock game in 33°C or 92°F.
    I don't blame MLS at all, but I blame (big!) MLSE/TFC, for not objecting this start time at least 10 days ago, asking to change it for earliest possible to 6 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    In two weeks, we could be 2 - 1 and into the CCL semis or 0-3 and out of the CCL. These boards are going to be very interesting to watch.
    Yes, very interesting 2 weeks ahead!
    Also some hard decisions to make by Armas about what team to put out in each of these 4 following matches (no matter even if the injured list would be just minimal).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he's divided opinion on this board before, but seriously, after that display, can anyone really want to see Auro in a red shirt again? He is probably the most clueless pro footballer I've ever seen. Felt a bit for Singh, didn't think he did too bad for a kid thrown in the deep end, and constantly being drawn out wide to cover for the lack of a left back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game got me right back to feeling negative about pro sports during Covid, and it's not because we lost.

Everything about it was off and felt fake.

Playing in Florida. Playing in midday heat. Playing Montreal in Florida. Playing with no training camp because of an outbreak. Playing in empty stadiums. Playing 60 hours after the last game, in 33 heat and 90% humidity, when you had a choice, ffs.

I didn’t watch last year, the Leon games got me back in big time, but now.. I dunno. I will watch the CCL games for sure, but that may be it.

It is about money and nothing else. I get why that works for the owners and players, but it doesn’t work for me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro was far from the only problem, and not even the biggest problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too much blame going towards Singh,sure he got beat,but bono should of cut the angle on the second auro and gonzo on the first, bradley on the 3rd and he missed a sitter when it was 3 to 1,lets see what happends in the next couple of weeks

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too much blame going towards Singh,sure he got beat,but bono should of cut the angle on the second auro and gonzo on the first, bradley on the 3rd and he missed a sitter when it was 3 to 1,lets see what happends in the next couple of weeks
    Well balanced take.

Agreed.

Long wait and a lot to do.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This game got me right back to feeling negative about pro sports during Covid, and it's not because we lost.

Everything about it was off and felt fake.

Playing in Florida. Playing in midday heat. Playing Montreal in Florida. Playing with no training camp because of an outbreak. Playing in empty stadiums. Playing 60 hours after the last game, in 33 heat and 90% humidity, when you had a choice, ffs.

I didn’t watch last year, the Leon games got me back in big time, but now.. I dunno. I will watch the CCL games for sure, but that may be it.

It is about money and nothing else. I get why that works for the owners and players, but it doesn’t work for me.
    These are all good points. Also playing after the team had NOBODY in charge of health & fitness maintenance over the off-season, despite all the other massive problems the athletes have to deal with.

Everything is pissing me off too much today. The world in general and sports in particular. I better take a nap and a walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    These are all good points. Also playing after the team had NOBODY in charge of health & fitness maintenance over the off-season, despite all the other massive problems the athletes have to deal with.

Everything is pissing me off too much today. The world in general and sports in particular. I better take a nap and a walk.
    im with you...watching crowds at mls games yesterday pissed me off even more.i jus wanna go to a damm game.