Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were the better team tonight. Bradley immense.Bono. Delgado. Omar. OKello. Shaff. Singh. Mullinho. Auro all excellent

DeLeon looked off the pace. Priso good and bad. Richie decent but not his best. Morrow hard to judge but great goal. Dorsey iffy. Wonder for Fraser’s future

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find a spot, sign Singh to a contract immediately
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Wow, I'm pinching myself that TFC actually pulled that off. Something seemed to work tonight. Now lets see if they can do the same thing against Club America.
    THAT was a legendary performance. Fucking epic. They fought harder than this team ever has, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an aside, Bradley isn’t done. Far from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to see this teams record with and without Delgado in the lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

thank you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    THAT was a legendary performance. Fucking epic. They fought harder than this team ever has, I think.
    well, there's THAT playoff game vs Montreal
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    For all the grief that this forum has thrown at this team, management down to coaches and to the players, man.

What an incredible two leg performance. Our kids just beat the Mexican champs.

Armas- check - incredibly fun to watch. Love the press and love not sitting back after the 50th minute.
    Bradley- what a leader and player.
    delgado - proves yet again how important he is to this team. This guy is TFC.
    okello- someone likened him to Hutchinson and man this kid is exciting. Makes the righ passes and finds himself in the right spot.
    priso- much better in this game. He needs more of that pressure playing.

I could go on and on but who needs a big shiny dp. I mean we do of course but this is an extremely promising start.
    No one has really taken a run a Armas, in fact i love this style. He was more of an unknown. We have gone after Ali and Manning, and to be honest, this had train wreck written all over it. If Singh had have gone down earlier, who plays CB? We went hard with Mullinho and Peruzza. There wasn’t one person on this board who didn’t know, we needed more.

We have supported the players 100%, we have supported the team 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I have that scarf.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-14-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really proud of the boys!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    well, there's THAT playoff game vs Montreal
    The Miracle was epic; it also required Montreal to fade like red dye in sunlight. I dunno, this feels bigger. A team with an average age of about 22 and they beat Leon's first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done guys happy with the effort of the young Canadian players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all judged the decision right away to hire Armas as negative. He wasn’t a shiny new international coach. I know I was hopeful about the pressing style as it’s my preferred style but I was underwhelmed with him as the announced coach.

Yes the odds were against us and the injury situation is crazy but there’s also been a lot of belief out into the kids and man did Armas get this team playing together. Everyone bought in from vet to rookie. Loved every minute of it.

That was fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are likely going to have to play all four Mexican sides if they want to win it all.

One down, three to go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget a new DP, sign more teenagers lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont follow mexican soccer - did leon play b-tier players, subs, etc - or was that their top lineup being used?

If it was their top lineup, how did they lose to many of our bench players?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all judged the decision right away to hire Armas as negative. He wasn’t a shiny new international coach. I know I was hopeful about the pressing style as it’s my preferred style but I was underwhelmed with him as the announced coach.

Yes the odds were against us and the injury situation is crazy but there’s also been a lot of belief out into the kids and man did Armas get this team playing together. Everyone bought in from vet to rookie. Loved every minute of it.

That was fun.
    Here, here.... amazing start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I dont follow mexican soccer - did leon play b-tier players, subs, etc - or was that their top lineup being used?

If it was their top lineup, how did they lose to many of our bench players?
    Leon was Liga MX champs last season, but only a mid table team this season

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Miracle was epic; it also required Montreal to fade like red dye in sunlight. I dunno, this feels bigger. A team with an average age of about 22 and they beat Leon's first team.
    Its the second leg of the two game playoff - greatest sporting event I have ever seen, and I have been to Olympics and a Canada Cup final (gretzky / lemieux). But this is right up there for TFC. A real achievement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was fun.
    Spot on.

As for Armas - fantastic. i'm a fan. My doubt was more that this was typical of Ali C overpromising and under delivering. I'm fine with "we have confidence in our younger players and we are going to wait to sign a DP until we see how they are in real competition, particularly in COVID times" - but just wish they would say that.

However, this isnt a day for that. Its a day that was FUN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s interesting to think of what a Greg Vanney TFC lineup would have looked like tonight. I don’t think it would have featured half the youth players and I don’t think we would have won either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit what a performance. Getting the bad out of the way first - Dorsey did just enough in the end but was at fault for the first goal and is pretty clearly the worst player on the roster (and has been since his debut tbh). Still don't understand why we wasted such a high draft pick on him. Also Priso was poor in the first half but was awesome in the second - great to see him show the form that got everyone so hyped last year.

Some immense performances today. Bradley was MOTM for me - his best performance in a while and his most energetic performance in years. I don't know how often he can reliaby have a game like that but even if not it's great to know he's still capable of it. Great to have the General back! Tbh there were a lot of other options for MOTM - Gonzalez (was a monster winning everything and taking some pressure off the kid making his debut), Singh (that same kid looked really good and composed in his own right), Auro (didn't put a foot wrong all game and made some crucial defensive and pressing plays), Delgado (great return to form from a TFC veteran at this point), Okello (absolutely robbed of a goal - gave me flashbacks to Atiba in the 07 gold cup), Shaffelburg (a pest all game and great assist), Mullinho (meh in the first half but did the dirty concacaf work you need and took his goal well), and Bono (looked much for confident tonight). The subs were great as well.

Still a lot of questions going into the MLS season but I'm actually looking forward to it now. Fantastic display - bring on Cruz Azul!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should give credit to their keeper. He was their best player tonight, by far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Fantastic display - bring on Cruz Azul!
    That's going to be fierce. They won't come out dumbstruck by the press and trying to play everything from the back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always good to see the return of Effin Team Effin Works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I really want to see this teams record with and without Delgado in the lineup.
    I used to track this stuff and looked into Delgado myself since he seems to be so underappreciated by many.

Our record is a lot better with him on the pitch. Pretty sure I remember our GD being negative in games he doesn't start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Leon was Liga MX champs last season, but only a mid table team this season
    They won the 2020/21 Apetura, 2nd in 2019/20 Closura and Apetura, 1st in 2018/19 Apetura. They were on a roll of late in Liga MX going 5-0-1 recently. No matter how you slice it they're a top team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's going to be fierce. They won't come out dumbstruck by the press and trying to play everything from the back.
    Oh yeah I fully agree. There's no denying the surprise factor was a huge reason we won out in this tie and our team has to show they can give this type of performance for a full season. But man I'm looking forward to it. To quote MightyDM, this was fun

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano