Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day CCL Rnd of 16 Leg 2 - Leon "@" TFC - Wed April 14 6pm - I Must Confess

I still Believe

NOTE THE TIME - 6PM

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently this will be played at Osceola Heritage Park / Kissimmee (Orlando)? Wow why the heck at 6pm instead of 8pm for example? At 8 it can easily be 5 degrees (Celsius) cooler at this time of year.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-09-2021 at 08:16 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not actually sure where the game will be played in Florida. Google says it will be at Osceola, but I'm realizing that place is just a field w/o any stadium, so I'm not sure if that's right. Perhaps they won't have any fans for this game. Might make sense, because it could be 90% Leon fans otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Apparently this will be played at Osceola Heritage Park / Kissimmee (Orlando)? Wow why the heck at 6pm instead of 8pm for example? At 8 it can easily be 5 degrees (Celsius) cooler at this time of year.
    Suspect it’s a setup without proper lighting.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably due to TV slots. 3 games per matchday, 6, 8, 10pm
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard, TFC specifically picked a place where there would be no fans allowed but TV (of sorts) was still an option. They had the option of Orlando's place but didn't want to have it be full of Club Leon fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to manning they are playing at a refurbished baseball park where orlando b play

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the Houston Astros old spring training stadium that was converted into a soccer facility. Orlando City B's played their USL games there. Not sure what the pitch is like, if its on the smallish size.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and it's probably got a platform crane for the TV camera (or cameras if we're lucky).
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if because this game is being played at Osceola Heritage Park because it's taking place 3 days before OSC's home opener, thus the pitch was part of the consideration. In all honesty having fans or not, really would have not mattered in choosing to play at Exploria Stadium or not. Even though they were allowed to have up to 10K in the stands for all their games in Hartford they choose to only open up one to 5K. They simply did not want a Third Rail invasion etc. Exploria would have been much more ideal from a TV production standpoint as its already setup for it. The stadium at Osceola likely has never seen anything more than a stream with a few camera from OC B's USL day. Lighting could also be an issue, will be interesting. I wonder who is actually responsible for the TV production since it is a TFC home game?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the fact Singh was hired on a 4 day 'emergency' contract an indication Mavinga is going to play, or is that just the length of those things?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Is the fact Singh was hired on a 4 day 'emergency' contract an indication Mavinga is going to play, or is that just the length of those things?
    I remember Raheem Edwards signed one of these 4 day deals in 20016 and played in two games, The V Cup Final in Vancouver (Remember Will Johnson's last minute goal) and at home vs. Seattle. I believe the standard to play in a league match is different than in a cup one. Over the years many TFC II players have been added for V Cup and CCL matches including Malik Johnson, Brian James, Mitch Taintor to name a few. When it comes to hardship who will ever forget the match against Chivas in 2008 and having to bring in a mish mash of players from various outposts including our retired head scout LOL
    USL Player Short-Term Agreements in cases of Extreme Hardship

A club may sign players from its USL affiliate (on loan) to Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) for MLS League Season games only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

A club may sign a player to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements each season (maximum of 16 days). During such time, the player may play in any CONCACAF Champions League, Canadian Championship, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Leagues Cup, Campeones Cup, and exhibition matches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that...given it could have been up to 16 days, it looks like it was 4 days on purpose & Singh will not be on the squad for Wednesday's game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Thanks for that...given it could have been up to 16 days, it looks like it was 4 days on purpose & Singh will not be on the squad for Wednesday's game.
    Not quite. The contract length is a standard 4 days, no more than that no less than that (not up to a max of 16 days). You can sign it 4 times for a total of 16 days in a season. They'll simply sign him to another one on Tuesday.

The four day prevents wasted days. Keeps him eligible for round 2 by renewing it, instead of wasting all of it on off days, when he's training with us regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need Mavinga back for this game. We won't be taking Leon by surprise this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Jozy is out, I hope Perruzza gets the start up front. We'll need to nab a goal and I have much more faith in him getting it than Mullinho. Let Perruzza get the start, hopefully pick up a goal and sub in Mullinho for the final 30 to let him run and CONCACAF it.

Would also be great to have Poz back even if it's just for 30 minutes at the end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Assuming Jozy is out, I hope Perruzza gets the start up front. We'll need to nab a goal and I have much more faith in him getting it than Mullinho. Let Perruzza get the start, hopefully pick up a goal and sub in Mullinho for the final 30 to let him run and CONCACAF it.

Would also be great to have Poz back even if it's just for 30 minutes at the end.
    I agree 100% on playing Peruzza and the rest of the young guns, now. In 2018 when we went for it, we were chasing something no one else had ever done and we had a full roster, we trained in advance at high altitude etc...)

This is an important point in our year and why it ticks me off about the new management. I am really angry that the boys played so determined and so well. There was never a doubt in my mind that they are very good. And, i know they can be great but we have no proven depth at striker/attackers (after Mullinho, of course) and why i wanted re-inforcements in the window. We were playing last week like it was the final and it was only the first game back. It was stupid to push Jozy (it was predictable, don't need the haters here) and even the General (although he is a machine) to that intensity, with our injuries and knowing we were lacking immediate re-inforcements.

We need to decide what we want to win this year, if it is the Shield then get out of the CCL as fast as possible... the next round is on April 27th with two games in between and it will be the Winner of Cruz or Olimpia. With the schedule, the team will likely see more injuries if we play to win every game (we want the 6 points from the Whitecaps and Impact).

If it is the Cup, then play as well as we can (do a Seattle), get more players in the summer or let the kids develop and peak in the the fall for playoffs.

If it is CCL, try and see if Peruzza is real, no sense sitting him on the bench. We aren't beating Leon without someone who can pose a threat in the final third (even with Poz back).

Don't get me wrong i loved the way we played and the pride and heart the guys displayed... but chasing this too hard is very risky and a potential repeat of 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlBANjJ...=1xrcfd9hovjye

New pictures from TFC has Oso, Akinola and Westberg in training. I think Gallardo might be behind Okello in the third photo based on the arm tattoo. Nothing of Poz. Mavinga was in a picture on Twitter over the weekend but he was just sitting on the bench.

Would be good to have as many of these guys available.

EDIT: After looking closer at the third photo, the hair doesn't seem to match Gallardo. So not sure who that is anymore.
    Last edited by noxx98; 04-12-2021 at 04:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New pictures from TFC has Oso, Akinola and Westberg in training. I think Gallardo might be behind Okello in the third photo based on the arm tattoo. Nothing of Poz. Mavinga was in a picture on Twitter over the weekend but he was just sitting on the bench.

Who is that marking Griffin Dorsey in the one picture?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Who is that marking Griffin Dorsey in the one picture?
    Luca Petrasso. I'm assuming he'll be back with TFC2 but currently training with the main team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luca Petrasso. I'm assuming he'll be back with TFC2 but currently training with the main team.
    Thanks, in the photo of Ralph Priso there is also someone else I do not recognize on the left side of the photo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, in the photo of Ralph Priso there is also someone else I do not recognize on the left side of the photo?
    I think that's Akinola, OG, and Silva from left to right. In the photo with Auro and Endoh I haven't been able to figure out the person in the background between the two of them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's Akinola, OG, and Silva from left to right. In the photo with Auro and Endoh I haven't been able to figure out the person in the background between the two of them
    For some added sleuthing who is that beside Matt Dirosa in the most recent insta pic of his, coming out of the tunnel? Think it may be the same person who is in the pic you mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/mattdirosa/?hl=en

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume it is Borré.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some added sleuthing who is that beside Matt Dirosa in the most recent insta pic of his, coming out of the tunnel? Think it may be the same person who is in the pic you mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/mattdirosa/?hl=en
    i dont know why i know this...but its another one of the draft picks.Maples,i need a life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont know why i know this...but its another one of the draft picks.Maples,i need a life
    Nailed it. Thanks! https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdXzVhBJK9/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I assume it is Borré.
    Okay, this was funny.

I'm JustSaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: After looking closer at the third photo, the hair doesn't seem to match Gallardo. So not sure who that is anymore.
    The guy in the third photo is Oso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How embarrassing is it that we have do this stuff to find out injuried players. Like no timelines have been spoken about once on any of these players, excluding Akinola.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#wheresPoz?