Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
Assuming Jozy is out, I hope Perruzza gets the start up front. We'll need to nab a goal and I have much more faith in him getting it than Mullinho. Let Perruzza get the start, hopefully pick up a goal and sub in Mullinho for the final 30 to let him run and CONCACAF it.

Would also be great to have Poz back even if it's just for 30 minutes at the end.
I agree 100% on playing Peruzza and the rest of the young guns, now. In 2018 when we went for it, we were chasing something no one else had ever done and we had a full roster, we trained in advance at high altitude etc...)

This is an important point in our year and why it ticks me off about the new management. I am really angry that the boys played so determined and so well. There was never a doubt in my mind that they are very good. And, i know they can be great but we have no proven depth at striker/attackers (after Mullinho, of course) and why i wanted re-inforcements in the window. We were playing last week like it was the final and it was only the first game back. It was stupid to push Jozy (it was predictable, don't need the haters here) and even the General (although he is a machine) to that intensity, with our injuries and knowing we were lacking immediate re-inforcements.

We need to decide what we want to win this year, if it is the Shield then get out of the CCL as fast as possible... the next round is on April 27th with two games in between and it will be the Winner of Cruz or Olimpia. With the schedule, the team will likely see more injuries if we play to win every game (we want the 6 points from the Whitecaps and Impact).

If it is the Cup, then play as well as we can (do a Seattle), get more players in the summer or let the kids develop and peak in the the fall for playoffs.

If it is CCL, try and see if Peruzza is real, no sense sitting him on the bench. We aren't beating Leon without someone who can pose a threat in the final third (even with Poz back).

Don't get me wrong i loved the way we played and the pride and heart the guys displayed... but chasing this too hard is very risky and a potential repeat of 2018.