View Poll Results: When BMO opens up for TFC games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1-30

0 0%
  • July 1-31

6 12.24%
  • August 1-31

11 22.45%
  • September 1-30

16 32.65%
  • October 1-31

7 14.29%
  • November 1-30

9 18.37%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope for those like me that have season seats and don't want to attend this remaining season..that we don't lose our season seats and aren't being forced to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Whitecaps have the same idea as the Reds. It really would have been great if an All-Canadian series of games was part of the schedule, say beginning August 1 as it would have let the three Canadian teams return home and play games with fans in the stands without the border being an issue. I know some would have argued that it would have caused an imbalance but.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    I hope for those like me that have season seats and don't want to attend this remaining season..that we don't lose our season seats and aren't being forced to go.

I have to believe they want to keep SSH's and not lose them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Looks like the Whitecaps have the same idea as the Reds. It really would have been great if an All-Canadian series of games was part of the schedule, say beginning August 1 as it would have let the three Canadian teams return home and play games with fans in the stands without the border being an issue. I know some would have argued that it would have caused an imbalance but.

I was surprised they had early games against Van and Montreal in the US. Thought for sure they'd leave those for later in the season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is going to be forced to take their tickets in 2021 or risk giving them up. Any games in 2021 in my mind will be opt in.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iirc my rep told me that I can refund any game I don't feel going safe to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/680NEWS/status/1413510858781519872

So once the border opens it looks good for fans in BMO. "outdoor non-seated events of up to 5,000 people will be allowed" as of Friday July 16th - key there is 'non-seated', that implies to me that they're leaving seated events (eg sports) as a separate entity that'd more likely be a % of capacity limit but who knows right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sources: Ontario to enter Step 3 on July 16 - no capacity for indoor dining, gyms reopen

Sources also confirmed that there will be no capacity limits for indoor dining but social distancing rules will be in place. Gyms, movie theatres, museums and zoos would all be allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity. Sources also say outdoor non-seated events of up to 5,000 people will be allowed. Outdoor seated events will have a capacity of 15,000 people.

https://www.680news.com/2021/07/09/s...indoor-dining/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Sources: Ontario to enter Step 3 on July 16 - no capacity for indoor dining, gyms reopen

Sources also confirmed that there will be no capacity limits for indoor dining but social distancing rules will be in place. Gyms, movie theatres, museums and zoos would all be allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity. Sources also say outdoor non-seated events of up to 5,000 people will be allowed. Outdoor seated events will have a capacity of 15,000 people.

https://www.680news.com/2021/07/09/s...indoor-dining/
    Confirmed now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The regulations can be found here

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg...2021-07-09.pdf

My reading of that is the limit is 15K - page 20

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    No one is going to be forced to take their tickets in 2021 or risk giving them up. Any games in 2021 in my mind will be opt in.
    I would have to agree, MLSE are greedy but not completely stupid. They know the restrictions will probably be held on to until end of October at least (for Larger gatherings in particular)

I see a tiered 'pre-sale' periods in 3 game chunks once cross boarder travel is approved for opponents --> Those who kept their money with MLSE get first crack (selling in 2 or 4 person pods), Those who took their money out but kept their name on the SSH list next, then general public (if any left).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The regulations can be found here

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg...2021-07-09.pdf

My reading of that is the limit is 15K - page 20
    Yup, that's my read too. Just need the final shoe to drop with the border. Or maybe we say it's at BMO and if Orlando can't make it for any reason they forfeit?
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-09-2021 at 11:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 15k limit for outdoor seated events is interesting. They might have to make the south end no standing until the end of step 3 ie sometime in August.

No mention of vaccination requirements for anything (other than crossing the border). Argh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW Montréal traded away Hurtado because he’s not getting vaccinated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they will need to make an announcement either way very soon, to give the club the time to sell tickets and get staff, or arrange everything at another venue.

the way things are going though, i would be shocked if they didn't get the necessary clearance to play at BMO on the 17th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the current state of play is they are basically guaranteed to be able to host soccer games in BMO field by July 17th with 15,000 fans in attendance. The outstanding questions now are will our opponents be able to get there and will we be able to be set up logistically to host it. I'd bet alot of money the latter will be non issue but the former is a big question mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    they will need to make an announcement either way very soon, to give the club the time to sell tickets and get staff, or arrange everything at another venue.

the way things are going though, i would be shocked if they didn't get the necessary clearance to play at BMO on the 17th
    They would have to have an exemption to the border arrangement for that one game. That's not going to change until the 21st. It's a lot of work creating an exemption. I can't see them doing it when the change is imminent (assuming it is).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My kid's school is preparing for lock-down next week (after the Easter weekend), and for schools to be back to virtual. Seems like they've been told already (Ford is announcing something tomorrow), as we've been asked by our teacher and principal to do our prep urgently before the kids go for the long weekend. We're obviously in a third wave. I think if we're back to a full lock-down, or even a regional one in Toronto, that's the end of any chance of BMO opening this year. By the time we get to the third wave peak and back down, we're already into late summer and I can't see any chance of large-scale events this year, even with vaccinations picking up steam. Hopefully this is the last push. I think we'll know in the next 3 weeks if there is a chance.
    yes, but you also said this so excuse me if I basically ignore what you say on this topic lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but you also said this so excuse me if I basically ignore what you say on this topic lol.
    You were really holding onto that weren't you! Lol.

The border agreement still is an obstacle. Teams can't come as it is now. The next renewal date is July 21st. Take that how you want.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were really holding onto that weren't you! Lol.

The border agreement still is an obstacle. Teams can't come as it is now. The next renewal date is July 21st. Take that how you want.
    maybe I was!

and we'll know very soon, but they are currently planning to play the next game at BMO field, playing elsewhere is very much a backup plan at this moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe I was!

and we'll know very soon, but they are currently planning to play the next game at BMO field, playing elsewhere is very much a backup plan at this moment.
    Well either way we should book it for BMO and if for some reason Orlando can't make it to the game, tough shit, they forfeit!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/alexfan590/statu...96767959060486

"TFC President Bill Manning tells Writers Bloc that he feels really good about the possibility of playing the July 17th game vs. Orlando City at BMO Field. Manning says he hopes to get good news on Monday."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/alexfan590/statu...96767959060486

"TFC President Bill Manning tells Writers Bloc that he feels really good about the possibility of playing the July 17th game vs. Orlando City at BMO Field. Manning says he hopes to get good news on Monday."
    I'm not trying to be negative, I hope it happens. I just don't see how with the border still closed, and further re-opening not happening until at least the 21st. The July 5 changes also don't apply to teams coming into Canada (except possibly Canadian members if they have any).

"The U.S.-Canada border has been restricted to essential travel since March 2o2o and is set to remain closed until at least July 21."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sandram...h=455c49c420c2

Reading the political commentary, the expectation is the border will re-open on the 2st, so it's likely just the 17th game that's in doubt.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-09-2021 at 04:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to be negative, I hope it happens. I just don't see how with the border still closed, and further re-opening not happening until at least the 21st. The July 5 changes also don't apply to teams coming into Canada (except possibly Canadian members if they have any).

"The U.S.-Canada border has been restricted to essential travel since March 2o2o and is set to remain closed until at least July 21."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sandram...h=455c49c420c2

Reading the political commentary, the expectation is the border will re-open on the 2st, so it's likely just the 17th game that's in doubt.
    i mean, they have been in consultation with the govt about an exemption for a while now, that's what the monday news would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean, they have been in consultation with the govt about an exemption for a while now, that's what the monday news would be.
    Crazier things have happened I guess.

So Monday we’ll hear about this and the permanent interim coach. Exciting day!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not the 17th, the 21st is a maybe if announced in time.

If not the 21st, August 1st.

I'm thinking capacity is going to be less then then 15K. Something tells me the 15K was provided as the upper limit because that is what Skydome thinks its maximum capacity keeping 2 metres apart would be.

I think BMO will be somewhere between 8-10K.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure where to post this, as ticket forum not been active but:

if bmo open for sat (or wed), looking to buy 2-3 tix off here. been to virtually every game in last 7 years, and my dad, brother and myself both double vaxxed.

please drop a DM if you have tickets but don't want to go to whatever game is the first one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I would have to agree, MLSE are greedy but not completely stupid. They know the restrictions will probably be held on to until end of October at least (for Larger gatherings in particular)

I see a tiered 'pre-sale' periods in 3 game chunks once cross boarder travel is approved for opponents --> Those who kept their money with MLSE get first crack (selling in 2 or 4 person pods), Those who took their money out but kept their name on the SSH list next, then general public (if any left).
    I have 5 seats and want to use all of them, just saying we are all double vaxxed and feel safe .