View Poll Results: When BMO opens up for TFC games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1-30

0 0%
  • July 1-31

6 12.24%
  • August 1-31

11 22.45%
  • September 1-30

16 32.65%
  • October 1-31

7 14.29%
  • November 1-30

9 18.37%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care the capacity, I just want the boys to be able to play at BMO. Eventually everyone will be allowed back in to chant "Ohhhhh Patrick Mullin-ho!".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changes to Canada-U. S. border restrictions could be announced as soon as Friday

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...deau-says.html

This will the major move needed to get the Reds back to BMO and everything else from both a provincial and local standpoint will fall into place. In many ways this is going to be a major perk for those who are fully vaccinated, but more importantly acts a catalyst to get more people out for their shots. It cannot be lost on where Justin Trudeau is when this announcement is made, in London for the G7 summit. With U.S. President Joe Biden in attendance, a chance to make a feel-good announcement on the border could be a win for both countries.

When it comes to actually attending games it will be interesting to see where they land on capacity initially. I highly doubt we will see it anywhere near packed early on. For the Jays in Buffalo the increase to 80% capacity June 24 through July 21, 95% will be fully vaccinated seating sections and 5% will be physically distanced. They are really heading into the direction of being fully vaccinated to attend and it's obvious that there are great financial benefits for the teams going in this direction with the current health measures in place by the state of New York. I could see similar actions taken here at both the local and provincial levels. It makes sense from all around. Letting unvaccinated people in costs MLSE money. Another incentive to get your shot, simple as that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.... vaccination cards being started by one of the more conservative provincial governments, who have a huge anti-vax & vaccine hesitancy problem.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/manitoba...ople-1.5460924

I know nobody is talking about this being a requirement to get into BMO yet but would not be surprised if the Stage 2 crowds required this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm genuinely curious how ticket distribution would work for STHs in a lowered capacity.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I'm genuinely curious how ticket distribution would work for STHs in a lowered capacity.
    I would think this. I think anything around 7,500 and no one will have issue getting a ticket.

1. SSH who left their money
    2. SSH who did not
    3. General Public

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is interesting that their was not a vaccination component included in the proposal by MLSE and company to the province. I would fully expect the province will want it to some level. The Excelsior app in New York being the the only vaccine passport in the US right now is completely voluntary. It will play a big part in the reopening of Broadway and letting the the crowds at sporting events grow is huge.

There are bars right now in New York that are only serving a full vaccinated crowd, which many view good for business as it gives people a sense of comfort. I wonder if Ontario will give the service industry the ability to do this? Ontario pretty much knows everyone who got shots within the border, it will be the ones that did it abroad that they will have to figure out how to deal with, especially from the US where they would have those easily forged CDC cards. Most vaccination records in the US are held at the county level.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm.... vaccination cards being started by one of the more conservative provincial governments, who have a huge anti-vax & vaccine hesitancy problem.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/manitoba...ople-1.5460924

I know nobody is talking about this being a requirement to get into BMO yet but would not be surprised if the Stage 2 crowds required this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would think this. I think anything around 7,500 and no one will have issue getting a ticket.

1. SSH who left their money
    2. SSH who did not
    3. General Public
    I like the way you think.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is moving fast, lots more to come ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And more movement: “Procurement Minister Anita Anand has just announced Moderna will deliver 7 M doses in June, with shipments commencing next week. It will include, for the first time, doses from the US supply chain.”

WOOHOO START THE AIRPLANES… soon

Ontario 2nd dose curve is already pretty much a straight line to the moon. Dougie said Ontario can do 300k doses per day, let’s see it! And thanks so much to all the volunteers, health care workers, and local / provincial / federal folks getting this done on the ground.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why it matters if the crowd is vaxxed or not. Other than a PR perspective.

If you're vaxxed arent you safe? So the non-vaxxed are the ones at risk.

That said, I do agree they'll likely demand proof of vaccination and with US franchises largely playing in front of crowds mlb/nhl/nba they do have an idea of how to do it.

I'm still hoping TFC lets me just wait it out until next season. I'll feel more comfortable at BMO field in March with a full crowd.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    If you're vaxxed arent you safe? So the non-vaxxed are the ones at risk.
    Vaccines aren't 100% effective, but they drastically reduce spread and severity of the illness. The more people who are vaccinated in a crowd, the lesser the chances of Covid spreading amongst the crowd. Conversely, the more non-vaccinated people in the crowd, the greater the chance of Covid spreading (even amongst the vaccinated). Apparently this is especially true for the Delta variant, which is highly highly contagious (and according to the last numbers I saw, the vaccine was only about 80% effective - but I think data is still being collected).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who work in the latest hot spots here in Toronto, today is all kinda like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who work in the latest hot spots here in Toronto, today is all kinda like this

In what way? Out of curiosity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    In what way? Out of curiosity.

So just bit of an intro

I work in an essential industry - I've worked throughout Covid, even last March-May. We work in a hotspot & some people live in hotspots.

My team of people have all had their first shots - most with Pfizer/Moderna, but done over about a month from mid April to 21st of May. So people were going to be getting their 16 week shot from July through September.
    Heck, I'm on AZ and getting later this month - I was ahead of everybody.

But, reading the tea leaves, we've all been waiting for when second dose intervals change because MILLIONS OF SHOTS ARE COMING

We first got word early this morning that a pop up was happening which, as we work in one of the postal codes involved, would allow some people here to get a shot over the next 4 days.

Like imagine waking up & instead of thinking you were going to have to wait for months - you can get a shot tomorrow.

EMAILS

People get excited. A staff member who lives in the neighbourhood is telling their family & figurng out parking....

Then, another pop up came out that people could go to confirmed the chances - and its closer to where we work.

More planning & happy thinking

Then, the city came out with a revised list of postal codes that included where we work & where some people live.

More planning & happy thinking

Then the province came out with the new guidelines

UH....what does that mean? discussions, because, to be blunt, the province is obtuse. People go online to see if they can book (they can't) but

Hope

Lots of people who thought they would be waiting late July through mid September for a second shot (and we all are looking at the delta variant with a bit of trepidation) thinking "Hey, I can get it tomorrow, or Saturday or can book on Monday"

SO, yeh, lots of OMGAWD Its Happening sort of vibes
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-10-2021 at 03:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s awesome OgtheDim.

Delivery schedule confirmed for Moderna in June. We’re gonna have vaccines out the wazoo. We’ll probably match the US’s total doses per hundred within 20 days & keep going higher.

It’s what I predicted a couple months ago: US will soon have enough vaccine & will start shipping it up here. It started with a small batch of AZ a long time ago; then lots of Pfizer since a while; now Moderna. And not what ensco said earlier: that the US would instead offer to vaccinate Canadians in the US at a grand scale & charge for it. A couple of 10k Canadians did get vaccinated in the US for various reasons, for free, and it’s a minuscule proportion of the Cdn total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got my 2nd shot today,now im craving some brain to eat and a drive to BMO...anybody else have these cravings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That’s awesome OgtheDim.

Delivery schedule confirmed for Moderna in June. We’re gonna have vaccines out the wazoo. We’ll probably match the US’s total doses per hundred within 20 days & keep going higher.

It’s what I predicted a couple months ago: US will soon have enough vaccine & will start shipping it up here. It started with a small batch of AZ a long time ago; then lots of Pfizer since a while; now Moderna. And not what ensco said earlier: that the US would instead offer to vaccinate Canadians in the US at a grand scale & charge for it. A couple of 10k Canadians did get vaccinated in the US for various reasons, for free, and it’s a minuscule proportion of the Cdn total.
    I was really worried about vaccine nationalism and glitches in making a new recipe causing the producers not to fill their orders.

I am glad to have gotten this wrong.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note

Yes, I worked through Covid

In an essential industry

In a hotspot

And I still think the most dangerous thing I did all of this pandemic was going to this game

Going to a game ....being in a crowd THAT big again....is going to feel weird at first & vaguely scary.

If some people can't do it yet, let em be. Going to take a while for us all to decompress.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is great to see all this doses flowing in but I am very disappointed with the approach to AZ at this point. Having taken it back on April 20th when it was lowered to 40+. It was the GenX crowd that stepped up and saved the government from the embarrassment for expired doses when the old folk were backing off it because of the apparent blood clot scare. And now they are not letting people getting their second doses for 12 weeks even as three other provinces have lowered the interval to 8 weeks. AZ actually has an authorized interval in the province of 4-12 weeks so I really hope Ford and company change their tune. The min. interval actually is 28 days. It's on page three of this document released by province.

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/...cine_admin.pdf

The Delta strain is a threat and it seems they are focused on the Pfiser/Morderna crowd and treating us that stepped up as second class citizens. I am actually considering with my brother living in Ottawa of getting it in Quebec.

That’s awesome OgtheDim.

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 06-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game did not faze me at all looking back. It was if they had played the next Saturday, the 14th I was starting to highly think about not going. I was in out for lunch in midtown Toronto on the 12th and the bartender mentioned how they had seen a real dropped off over the last few days. My mom was at the ballet that day and it was not even half capacity after being a full house performance a week earlier. That was also the day was when sports world came to a halt and within a few days the state of emergency being declared. I am so ready to go back to BMO and travel but completely respect those that do not at this time. It's all about each owns comfort level.

Just a note

In an essential industry

In a hotspot

And I still think the most dangerous thing I did all of this pandemic was going to this game

Going to a game ....being in a crowd THAT big again....is going to feel weird at first & vaguely scary.

If some people can't do it yet, let em be. Going to take a while for us all to decompress.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I was really worried about vaccine nationalism and glitches in making a new recipe causing the producers not to fill their orders.

I am glad to have gotten this wrong.
    We're all glad! And actually lots did go wrong, but things are still turning out OK, due to a combination of luck & back-up plans. Canada had firm orders with India for many millions of doses of AZ (Covishield) by now, but India cancelled or delayed all international orders after letting their local cases explode. We could have had millions more doses of AZ already, but also all the related concerns about blood clots and possible weaker response to some variants. Moderna's factory in Switzerland has been an ongoing problem, but their US factories are now stepping in. In the meantime Pfizer had already accelerated their deliveries to make up for all the above. It was painful to see in Jan/Feb, but we now know that Pfizer's 3-week slowdown of deliveries during that time in order to increase capacity in their European factories was well worth it.

What if we had bet mostly on domestic production of one or two COVID vaccines, let's say the pharma giant Sanofi (who now owns the leftovers of Canada's formerly prestigious Connaught Labs, and already produces some other vaccines in Canada) and Novavax (who seemed among the most eager to set up production in other countries)? Sanofi has gotten absolutely nothing decent working against COVID yet, and I keep hearing that Novavax's vaccine will be ready "soon."

And as I heard from friends in Perth: The Australian state governments did a great job controlling COVID, and dragged their national government along that path. But the Australian national government totally failed on the vaccine front, ordering only a small amount of Pfizer, and betting on local production of AZ. That was slow to get going, and their public health agency only approved AZ for 50+. The risk of blood clots for the younger crowd is greater than the extremely low local COVID risk in Australia. So they sit in a very safe gilded cage, with international travel severely restricted, and they've been told that it will take until mid 2023 to vaccinate everyone. (That info is from 3 weeks ago, and I don't believe it: one of the companies will step up and sell a pile of vaccine to Australia sometime in the next 6 months.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It is great to see all this doses flowing in but I am very disappointed with the approach to AZ at this point. Having taken it back on April 20th when it was lowered to 40+. It was the GenX crowd that stepped up and saved the government from the embarrassment for expired doses when the old folk were backing off it because of the apparent blood clot scare. And now they are not letting people getting their second doses for 12 weeks even as three other provinces have lowered the interval to 8 weeks. AZ actually has an authorized interval in the province of 4-12 weeks so I really hope Ford and company change their tune. The min. interval actually is 28 days. It's on page three of this document released by province.

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/...cine_admin.pdf

The Delta strain is a threat and it seems they are focused on the Pfiser/Morderna crowd and treating us that stepped up as second class citizens. I am actually considering with my brother living in Ottawa of getting it in Quebec.
    I hope that everyone who is not at greatest risk can stay calm. With all the extra Moderna vaccine arriving that had not been scheduled into Ontario's plans yet, things will change again soon on the AZ front in Ontario. I just hope they stay on a rational course: 60+ year olds and hotspots for 2nd doses next. That's how they can minimize spread and hospitalization (or worse). I can wait a bit longer. I bet AZ or alternate 2nd dose will be 8 weeks in Ontario soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet AZ or alternate 2nd dose will be 8 weeks in Ontario soon.
    Agree. Ford is taking serious heat on this, and the AZ cohort dominates the suburbs, which are electorally important for him.

He is nothing if not crassly political.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note

In an essential industry

In a hotspot

Pandemic PTSD is going to be real for some folks - I also work in an essential industry, have been double vax'd for some time now - and TBH I still get creeped out when people get to close to me in a grocery line or they're wearing their bedazzled cloth mask below their nose. I might need a hazmat suit to do the TFC Bounce if we return to BMO this year.

That being said - I feel a sense of optimism in everyone this summer / this re-opening that hasn't been present for the others - I'd rather take things slow - get the 2nd vax #s up and have a full strong fall than more of the stop and go that we've had for the past year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. Ford is taking serious heat on this, and the AZ cohort dominates the suburbs, which are electorally important for him.

He is nothing if not crass.
    Corrected

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we figured out what bar patio we are going to stand on before the game yet? Social distanced of course, but i could use a draft beer and a laugh. Could be a good time to negotiate a new home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Durham Region 2nd doses moving up quicker than I expected. I thought it was just 70+ that they were doing right now but I just noticed a second category for those who got their first shot April 19th or earlier were also eligible so with my Apr 15th first dose I qualified so I registered today and have 2nd dose appointment tomorrow. Can't believe it. With all the appointments available I can see the 2nd doses for all other age groups to really start moving if similar situation elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Have we figured out what bar patio we are going to stand on before the game yet? Social distanced of course, but i could use a draft beer and a laugh. Could be a good time to negotiate a new home.
    Lets recruit Joe to open a new place....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Lets recruit Joe to open a new place....
    I wonder if the landlord would give them a highly discounted lease...LOL. Timing is Everything.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is nothing if not crassly political.
    We've got a new Ontario officer of health. Look for a change in the type of advice the government is getting. He recommended that Ontario follow the other provinces lead for AZ.