View Poll Results: When BMO opens up for TFC games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1-30

0 0%
  • July 1-31

6 12.24%
  • August 1-31

11 22.45%
  • September 1-30

16 32.65%
  • October 1-31

7 14.29%
  • November 1-30

9 18.37%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my AZ first jab in March. My 2nd will be an mRNA vaccine. They have been doing this around Europe for months now. Of course Sir John from Oxford would be against mixing, as Oxford = AZ. I am actually against leaving it up to people to decide. If anything, the health experts should know better. It’s like they are saying, if something goes sideways, we take no responsibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first Moderna jab scheduled for next Wednesday. Maybe I will be able to make the trek to Toronto to see the lads in September/October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    AZ opportunities are few and far in between right now, all you have to do is look at the Vaccine Hunters twitter to see that, almost all of the listings are Phizer and Moderna, which makes sense as Canada only did 2.3M AZ shots as first doses. I did find a random Sobeys Pharmacy that had a bunch of doses this week and they went quick. I do hope all 2.3m get the choice of sticking with it or getting a mRNA ? Sir John Bell of Oxford University has spoken out greatly against mixing so I do want to see more studies supporting it before I were to go that route. But looking forward to it so we can all be back at BMO sooner than later.
    Sir John is speaking in support now because of evidence in a colleague’s study. He has been quoted now saying that mixing vaccines may produce the same effects as receiving two AZ doses and a booster.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 06-04-2021 at 07:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting and how I have always seen the circumstances for re-opening the Canada-US border, according to a proposed system created by an expert advisory panel, Canadians who return from abroad would be divided into four categories: fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, unvaccinated and exempt. With second doses being moved up this makes perfect sense. In many ways it can be used to entice those that are on the fence to get their shots. This type of initiative is what will get us back to BMO Field as I believe at least early on being vaccinated either at least partially or fully be be a requirement to attend.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/am800/news/feds-propose-vaccine-requirements-if-canada-u-s-border-reopens-1.15350039?fbclid=IwAR390M6dLzNKQ5xXnYVCKiAVyPWO1W Z2oUNzAmX-pH-dyZXlqQNqMhKAnRs

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/medical-devices/testing-screening-advisory-panel/reports-summaries/priority-strategies-quarantine-borders.html

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Tea Leaves

Sports teams meet with the province yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my second jab yesterday and am all set with mask ready for BMO to open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my second shot as well. Hope to return to bmo maskless.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    Got my second shot as well. Hope to return to bmo maskless.
    Mask is probably going to be a requirement, until lot more people get second shots I think.

I haven't been to a TFC game in years. I'm moving to Europe, and I had a chance to drive by BMO Field today. I'm going to miss being in the stands
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan, pretty sure i sold you a ticket in the early years. You had a tall mad hatter style hat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Mask is probably going to be a requirement, until lot more people get second shots I think.

I haven't been to a TFC game in years. I'm moving to Europe, and I had a chance to drive by BMO Field today. I'm going to miss being in the stands
    That's exciting. Where in Europe, and who will your team be over there?

I hope you stick around here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ontario goes to step 1 in re-opening on Friday. That means the earliest there will be supporters at BMO is July 23. We could still be playing at BMO earlier of course if the border does open on June 22, or some other agreement specific to sports is arrived at like it has for the hockey playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Blue Jays have confirmed they are playing in Buffalo well into July. I really can't see TFC returning before the Jays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Blue Jays have confirmed they are playing in Buffalo well into July. I really can't see TFC returning before the Jays
    Yeah I just saw that. Interesting that it's July 21 as that's the day of the month the border agreements expire. Wonder if they know something? The current one goes to June 21 but it could get renewed one more time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    From my understanding the Jays in their minds need four weeks to be able to come home and have everything ready to play at the dome, not sure if the Reds /MLSE view it the same way, I suspect not?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah I just saw that. Interesting that it's July 21 as that's the day of the month the border agreements expire. Wonder if they know something? The current one goes to June 21 but it could get renewed one more time.

Thats interesting. they might well have been told that Ottawa is working towards that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding the Jays in their minds need four weeks to be able to come home and have everything ready to play at the dome, not sure if the Reds /MLSE view it the same way, I suspect not?
    out of curiosity, what do they need the 4 weeks for?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays are an indoor sports team. Yes, they have outdoor games with the roof open, but only if there is no chance of rain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Jays are an indoor sports team. Yes, they have outdoor games with the roof open, but only if there is no chance of rain.
    Probably have to commit to it being open initially and deal with rainouts. or with all the space the place has could over vat people very nicely spaced out. New York is letting them have 80% in Buffalo, figure they will get it sorted for them to come home especially after the NHL deal was made and the Habs are having every day people in the stands without a vaccination requirement. Lots of moving parts here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked my second for later this month - 12 weeks on the nose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked my second for later this month - 12 weeks on the nose.
    Thats great, I would be Tuesday July 13th after my AZ shot Tues., April 20. It appears the provincial system would open up to me on July 19th, hoping a pharmacy will be able to do it earlier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like June is still a possibility for border re-opening but not for sure. July may be more realistic.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6056584?__t...mpression=true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like June is still a possibility for border re-opening but not for sure. July may be more realistic.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6056584?__t...mpression=true
    It's good that they're talking about this. But I gotta say, as an American I'm also pretty upset about some of the stuff. If "American politicians are increasingly annoyed with the slower approach preferred by Ottawa" then what are they doing to have Moderna vaccine from their US plants sold to Canada? That's a US company that's millions of doses behind their firm orders to Canada. Canada is still only receiving Moderna doses from European plants while their US plants (with fewer production problems) are no longer needed to meet US demand. If we had all the Moderna that was promised up to now, Canada would be MUCH further along. And if Moderna somehow manages to fulfill their June commitments, then it's another month or more for that vaccine to get into arms and to build the Canadian immunity.

"President Joe Biden has said he will not create a federal vaccine passport." How the hell is that supposed to work? How will they prove vaccination status? The CDC vaccine cards are useless, and anyone can make their own in minutes with info found on the web. There are huge pockets of unvaccinated in the US, and lots of Delta and other variants circulating. There's a reason the US currently still has a 50% higher COVID death rate than Canada. Plus lots of Canadians with only 1 dose of vaccine (or less). At least one of the vaccines is only 33% effective against Delta after a single dose.

The Moderna vaccine is easier to transport and store than Pfizer. If Canada had more of it, they could get primary care doctors and mobile clinics more involved, reach some of the tougher spots in the population for 2nd and even 1st doses. Just in Toronto there are still a bunch of 80+ w/o a single vaccine shot, often home-bound seniors that aren't going to go to big vaccine clinics, but are at risk due to caregivers or family members coming into their home to help.

It just seems like lazy, confrontational reporting as well. They don't mention any attempt to get up-to-date comments from Cdn provincial or federal officials, and especially to ask some tough questions of US officials about some of these issues and contradictions. But they broadcast some soundbites from Chris Christie FFS. Plus "criticisms of restrictions escalate" as the provincial government takes out ads that the federal government should tighten restrictions, and no attempt by the article to dig into those contradictions.

All this partisan crap (and related lazy reporting) in both the US and Canada really pisses me off, especially about this topic, where you really need a team approach.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-08-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It's good that they're talking about this. But I gotta say, as an American I'm also pretty upset about some of the stuff. If "American politicians are increasingly annoyed with the slower approach preferred by Ottawa" then what are they doing to have Moderna vaccine from their US plants sold to Canada? That's a US company that's millions of doses behind their firm orders to Canada. Canada is still only receiving Moderna doses from European plants while their US plants (with fewer production problems) are no longer needed to meet US demand. If we had all the Moderna that was promised up to now, Canada would be MUCH further along. And if Moderna somehow manages to fulfill their June commitments, then it's another month or more for that vaccine to get into arms and to build the Canadian immunity.

"President Joe Biden has said he will not create a federal vaccine passport." How the hell is that supposed to work? How will they prove vaccination status? The CDC vaccine cards are useless, and anyone can make their own in minutes with info found on the web. There are huge pockets of unvaccinated in the US, and lots of Delta and other variants circulating. There's a reason the US currently still has a 50% higher COVID death rate than Canada. Plus lots of Canadians with only 1 dose of vaccine (or less). The vaccine is only 33% effective against Delta after a single dose.

The Moderna vaccine is easier to transport and store than Pfizer. If Canada had more of it, they could get primary care doctors and mobile clinics more involved, reach some of the tougher spots in the population for 2nd and even 1st doses. Just in Toronto there are still a bunch of 80+ w/o a single vaccine shot, often home-bound seniors that aren't going to go to big vaccine clinics, but are at risk due to caregivers or family members coming into their home to help.

It just seems like lazy, confrontational reporting as well. They don't mention any attempt to get up-to-date comments from Cdn provincial or federal officials, and especially to ask some tough questions of US officials about some of these issues and contradictions. But they broadcast some soundbites from Chris Christie FFS. Plus "criticisms of restrictions escalate" as the provincial government takes out ads that the federal government should tighten restrictions, and no attempt by the article to dig into those contradictions.

All this partisan crap (and related lazy reporting) in both the US and Canada really pisses me off, especially about this topic, where you really need a team approach.
    They did have some quotes from border mayors, but yeah, nothing from the Canadian government. Nothing from Bill Blair. I bet the vaccine passport is the real sticking point, more so than our vaccination rates. The US is offside with most of the world on not having one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did have some quotes from border mayors, but yeah, nothing from the Canadian government. Nothing from Bill Blair. I bet the vaccine passport is the real sticking point, more so than our vaccination rates. The US is offside with most of the world on not having one.
    BTW I didn't mean to criticize you for posting this; it's the reality of the state of the discourse.

Also no apparent attempt to get comments from provincial officials, who are simultaneously asking for restrictions to be tightened. The Delta or any other variant isn't just going to travel from India directly to Canada; it can just as easily travel via the US or other countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    BTW I didn't mean to criticize you for posting this; it's the reality of the state of the discourse.

Also no apparent attempt to get comments from provincial officials, who are simultaneously asking for restrictions to be tightened. The Delta or any other variant isn't just going to travel from India directly to Canada; it can just as easily travel via the US or other countries.
    Oh yeah, I know! I agree with you there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday in Ontario second doses (87,525) exceeded first (70,684) for the first time. The fully vaccinated number is rising at a good clip now, which is great to see. The effort is going well in the province.

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 06-08-2021 at 10:37 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, some insight on the meeting between the Ontario's government and the province's pro teams regarding a return to play proposal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would still mean July 17th vs Orlando & 21st vs. NYRB for Stage 2

100% would be August 1st for Nashville

Vaguely uneasy about 100% without some sort of vaccination requirement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would still mean July 17th vs Orlando & 21st vs. NYRB for Stage 2

100% would be August 1st for Nashville

Vaguely uneasy about 100% without some sort of vaccination requirement.
    Yeah I'm hoping the 35% / 100% is a start to their negotiation and that they'll settle for a more gradual scale-up. I would not be interested in being part of that higher percentage capacity crowd on those dates. As always I was eyeing August for partial capacity.

BTW the US just passed Canada again in the number of COVID cases per 100k. The US had dropped below Canada for the first time on April 9th in terms of cases. That was with low testing (and high positivity) in some of the states that still had many COVID deaths, meaning the numbers for some US states were probably artificially low. Now cases in Canada are still dropping, while the US is showing an uptick in cases and just surpassed Canada again. (Will the same Cdn pundits be writing #BidenFail opinion pieces now? ) The numbers are still quite low, but gotta see where they go over a few weeks.

Deaths per 100k always stayed higher in the US. Recently the US death rate was around 50% higher than Canada but the difference was narrowing. But over the past week the US has seen a significant increase in deaths for the first time since February, and it's starting to show in the 7-day stats. Sadly this ain't over yet. I hope the US vaccination rates improve, and that they can figure out a reasonable proof of vaccination, both for travel and for in-game attendance.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-08-2021 at 07:24 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, some insight on the meeting between the Ontario's government and the province's pro teams regarding a return to play proposal.

considering stage 3 includes mass outdoor gatherings, this is very likely to be accepted and implemented.

always maintained we'd have full capacity allowed by august and looks to be happening.

whether a capacity crowd happens is another story, as i feel quite a few people will be uneasy about attending a mass event that soon.