Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
My kid's school is preparing for lock-down next week (after the Easter weekend), and for schools to be back to virtual. Seems like they've been told already (Ford is announcing something tomorrow), as we've been asked by our teacher and principal to do our prep urgently before the kids go for the long weekend. We're obviously in a third wave. I think if we're back to a full lock-down, or even a regional one in Toronto, that's the end of any chance of BMO opening this year. By the time we get to the third wave peak and back down, we're already into late summer and I can't see any chance of large-scale events this year, even with vaccinations picking up steam. Hopefully this is the last push. I think we'll know in the next 3 weeks if there is a chance.
assuming the vaccines can get into arms, the third wave wont have the same span as the former two, especially with the news that vaccinated people dont carry the virus.

a 6-8 week lockdown with consistently increasing vaccination numbers will go most of the way to crush the 3rd wave.