View Poll Results: When BMO opens up for TFC games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1-30

0 0%
  • July 1-31

6 12.24%
  • August 1-31

11 22.45%
  • September 1-30

16 32.65%
  • October 1-31

7 14.29%
  • November 1-30

9 18.37%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Health Minister has confirmed today that nothing has changed here in terms of dates

No indication that outdoor sports without fans will return earlier then that - the "Leafs 7th game with some people" thing did occur.
    The main thing holding TFC and the Jays from coming home isn’t the Ontario government as a whole, it’s mainly the travel restrictions at the Federal level.
    once the Feds give an exception, Ontario will more than likely let them play in empty stadiums (depending on the teams individual plans for visiting teams - which if I remember correctly, last year the Jays has an approved plan just needed the border exemption)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldn’t resist

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nix the idea of the Leafs forcing the hand of Ontario to move quicker on all this beyond the general feeling that a few hundred already vaccinated people at a game isn't going to hurt anybody.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter Miami going full stadium later this month

They lost 3-0

To DC United

i.e. We all want to be at BMO - no guarantees we will win if we get there of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lost 3-0

To DC United

i.e. We all want to be at BMO - no guarantees we will win if we get there of course
    At least Armas and the dodo birds in charge would hear us at BMO...and boy would they hear us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour now Phase 1 opening June 7, 1 week earlier, but only because schools won't reopen.

No effect on TFC home game dates

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under 700 cases today, 3.6% positivity.

at this point, would be shocked if the next games are not at bmo (but still no, or like 500, fans).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Leafs having choked (what better sign from the Gods that normalcy is returning?)... The driver of this will be the Jays now I suspect. They are a playoff contender and it is a major disadvantage for them that every other MLB team is selling tickets now.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-01-2021 at 12:00 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The border will likely re-open June 22. We should be back at BMO shortly after.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The border will likely re-open June 22. We should be back at BMO shortly after.
    based on the guidelines laid out by govt, we should have close to full capacity by August 1st.

large outdoor gatherings are due to be allowed 6 weeks after step one of reopening starts (assuming goes as expected), so could be earlier, but i reckon they'll be planning for august 1st.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Leafs would accelerate everything. Bar patios, outdoor gatherings, and home games.
    While it seems the gov't has granted NHL teams to cross the border, the talk on the Jays and TFC has been quiet.
    Remember, few people have had second doses, so really that has to happen before we can think of a full BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manitoba opening up the Jets games to limited fans, even as they face worse covid issues than Ontario. Wonder is the three Canadian teams can have their schedules changed to get a stretch of all-Canadian matchups and come home? Have to think this is at least being discussed.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-vs-canadiens/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Manitoba opening up the Jets games to limited fans, even as they face worse covid issues than Ontario. Wonder is the three Canadian teams can have their schedules changed to get a stretch of all-Canadian matchups and come home? Have to think this is at least being discussed.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-vs-canadiens/
    Sounds like the Jets plan is very similar to what the Leafs did: 500 fully-vaccinated health-care workers? (I hope they get more joy out of that than the folks that attended the game here in Toronto...)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...fans-1.6049106

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    based on the guidelines laid out by govt, we should have close to full capacity by August 1st.

large outdoor gatherings are due to be allowed 6 weeks after step one of reopening starts (assuming goes as expected), so could be earlier, but i reckon they'll be planning for august 1st.
    Interestingly, what I would consider the core demographic for TFC games is really lagging in vaccines. Apparently only about 30% of people aged 18-29 and 43% of people aged 30-39 have received their first dose. See https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...tion-coverage/

I know that these were some of the last groups to be eligible, but apparently they are even trailing the 12-17 age group. (Couldn't find the stats for that, but I heard it on the radio this morning)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Interestingly, what I would consider the core demographic for TFC games is really lagging in vaccines. Apparently only about 30% of people aged 18-29 and 43% of people aged 30-39 have received their first dose. See https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...tion-coverage/

I know that these were some of the last groups to be eligible, but apparently they are even trailing the 12-17 age group. (Couldn't find the stats for that, but I heard it on the radio this morning)
    Weird - that doesn't match City of Toronto data found here https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19...-vaccine-data/

Edit - Matches Ontario data though

Maybe we just don't let all the 905ers in .....

Raises a point though

You want to get back to BMO?

Get everybody you know to go get their shot (and get your arm there to if you haven't done so already)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-03-2021 at 03:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So somewhat on the same lines as above, I'm in Kingston so I know it's probably different than GTA but Ontario opened up for 18+ on May 18 and people I know were only able to secure a shot by June 11. That's 3.5 weeks out from when it was available to book. Meanwhile last Tuesday the 25th when I was getting my shot it seemed like there were lots of kids under age 18 that were around me who were being vaccinated. I found it a bit odd that it opened up after and yet they were able to get in earlier. Don't know what the reasoning behind it all is but it sort of matches what JonO might have been reporting above
    edit: this is obviously only a sample size of what I observed while I was there also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird - that doesn't match City of Toronto data found here https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19...-vaccine-data/

Edit - Matches Ontario data though

Maybe we just don't let all the 905ers in .....

Raises a point though

You want to get back to BMO?

Get everybody you know to go get their shot (and get your arm there to if you haven't done so already)
    I was really surprised when I saw the 18-29 vaccination rates. Way to go. Younger generations showing up the older generations yet again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife and I are getting our first shot tmw night. Doing our part to get BMO Field back open again

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    So somewhat on the same lines as above, I'm in Kingston so I know it's probably different than GTA but Ontario opened up for 18+ on May 18 and people I know were only able to secure a shot by June 11. That's 3.5 weeks out from when it was available to book. Meanwhile last Tuesday the 25th when I was getting my shot it seemed like there were lots of kids under age 18 that were around me who were being vaccinated. I found it a bit odd that it opened up after and yet they were able to get in earlier. Don't know what the reasoning behind it all is but it sort of matches what JonO might have been reporting above
    edit: this is obviously only a sample size of what I observed while I was there also.
    This matches with a story that I read about the Kitchener/Waterloo region. Apparently their vaccination rates are below the Ontario average, but primarily because of lack of access to vaccines. Most of the vaccines have been pushed to the GTA, which kind of makes sense since that is where most of the cases are. Hopefully, the smaller cities will be able to catch up relatively soon, since we seem to be doing quite well in Toronto (even though it's like a hunger games experience).

Thanks to OG for the link to the city data...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Ontario will start releasing age-based vaccination data more frequently? The Ontario numbers posted today look better than the Canada stats posted above. I'm not sure if all the numbers match other things posted here, and what is correct...

For example, for Ontario:
    18-29 51%
    30-39 57%

See the table in the Tweet thread below:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Apparently Ontario will start releasing age-based vaccination data more frequently? The Ontario numbers posted today look better than the Canada stats posted above. I'm not sure if all the numbers match other things posted here, and what is correct...

For example, for Ontario:
    18-29 51%
    30-39 57%

See the table in the Tweet thread below:

That will be interesting to see as second doses start to roll out in mass. I think for us who took AZ the time line does not move regardless if we take it as our second dose or mix, it remains at 12 weeks. I do not think we have the 10 week option that was initially given to those that had it between March 10-19th even after the expired deadline was pushed back. Quebec is doing AZ second shots at 8 weeks right now, so maybe Ontario goes in that direction. Wonder how much the efficiency changes if given the choice? I am pretty much set on taking AZ as my second dose rather than change up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was skeptical of getting to the 20% with a second shot margin within 3 weeks of going into phase 1 of reopening but the ramp up among 80+ is going really well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    Wife and I are getting our first shot tmw night. Doing our part to get BMO Field back open again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was skeptical of getting to the 20% with a second shot margin within 3 weeks of going into phase 1 of reopening but the ramp up among 80+ is going really well.
    Ontario just pushed up second shots for those over 70 and anyone who got their shot before April 18. My parents just got booked for Tuesday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ontario just pushed up second shots for those over 70 and anyone who got their shot before April 18. My parents just got booked for Tuesday.
    That's great for your parents! I hope they continue going by 10-year age steps for 2nd doses, as quickly as they need to fill all appointments (rather than going free-for-all, which means those at greatest risk have to wait longer). And get 2nd doses to "essential" workers in places like Brampton quickly. Otherwise those at greatest risk can pull us all down again, with high case counts of the latest greatest variant and overfilled ICUs.

People like me and my family can wait a bit longer for 2nd doses, we can be careful and are fairly low risk anyway. We have absolutely no problem with that. Ontario now confirmed that all first-dose AZ recipients (like my wife and I) can now book a 2nd dose of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna, 12 weeks after the first dose. 12 weeks is significantly better efficacy for AZ than 8 weeks; 10 weeks is a compromise.

My second shot will be approx. July 14th, that means immunity will be maximized by mid August and I'll be ready for limited attendance at BMO, which was my prediction!

And I'll continue doing vaccine advocacy with those that I know. I notice it with some grad students at UofT for example: They're really sick of online courses & doing their research from home. They want to get vaccinated and get back to normal in September. But they're also busy with their studies, don't feel very personally at risk, and don't get vaccinated very quickly, especially if the appointments aren't easy to book and access. And they're not going to take the TTC for an hour & 15 minutes each way, to the Toronto Congress Centre near the airport to get vaccinated, regardless of how many open appointments are there.

EDIT Oh and Canada trying to get Moderna directly from the US now. I don't know why Moderna and the US government haven't already done that a while ago, like they've done for Pfizer. That would really help to get this wrapped up in Canada within the next few months. The US has more than enough Moderna doses, and the company consistently has problems filling their Canadian orders reliably from their European factories. Despite the fact that Canada was one of the first countries in the world to place firm orders for Moderna.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-04-2021 at 01:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Tea Leaves

Local Health Authority in Hamilton ok's Forge to do group training

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If given the option, sticking to AZ or take Phizer, Moderna , on the fence even though leaning towards AZ. Only thing is it’s getting harder and harder to find AZ shots, they are out there but you really have to look poke around.

No issues waiting 12 weeks, my first was April 20, so July 13 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That's great for your parents! I hope they continue going by 10-year age steps for 2nd doses, as quickly as they need to fill all appointments (rather than going free-for-all, which means those at greatest risk have to wait longer). And get 2nd doses to "essential" workers in places like Brampton quickly. Otherwise those at greatest risk can pull us all down again, with high case counts of the latest greatest variant and overfilled ICUs.

People like me and my family can wait a bit longer for 2nd doses, we can be careful and are fairly low risk anyway. We have absolutely no problem with that. Ontario now confirmed that all first-dose AZ recipients (like my wife and I) can now book a 2nd dose of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna, 12 weeks after the first dose. 12 weeks is significantly better efficacy for AZ than 8 weeks; 10 weeks is a compromise.

My second shot will be approx. July 14th, that means immunity will be maximized by mid August and I'll be ready for limited attendance at BMO, which was my prediction!

And I'll continue doing vaccine advocacy with those that I know. I notice it with some grad students at UofT for example: They're really sick of online courses & doing their research from home. They want to get vaccinated and get back to normal in September. But they're also busy with their studies, don't feel very personally at risk, and don't get vaccinated very quickly, especially if the appointments aren't easy to book and access. And they're not going to take the TTC for an hour & 15 minutes each way, to the Toronto Congress Centre near the airport to get vaccinated, regardless of how many open appointments are there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If given the option, sticking to AZ or take Phizer, Moderna , on the fence even though leaning towards AZ. Only thing is it’s getting harder and harder to find AZ shots, they are out there but you really have to look poke around.

No issues waiting 12 weeks, my first was April 20, so July 13 for me.
    So see you Sat. Aug. 14th 8pm at BMO Field for TFC vs the Revs! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was pretty committed to getting a 2nd dose of AZ and that will get easier. Now that the first deliveries are almost used up, they have released the 655k doses of AZ they received later, and another 1 million doses of AZ will arrive before the end of June.

Two things might change my plans:

- If the Delta variant gets much worse in Ontario. (I think AZ not as good against it???)

- If Canada decides to donate some or all of the 1 million doses of AZ, especially if they get more Moderna or Pfizer from the US.

And how effin privileged am I to have a choice of three vaccines for my second dose! (Compared to most of the world.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a person also in that grouping, AZ is going to become easier to get because of recent studies indicating one of the best approaches to all this is AZ then Pfizer.

A lot of us who got AZ are going to chose something else the next time around - the pharmacy is supposed to give us the choice (but we will see).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a person also in that grouping, AZ is going to become easier to get because of recent studies indicating one of the best approaches to all this is AZ then Pfizer.

A lot of us who got AZ are going to chose something else the next time around - the pharmacy is supposed to give us the choice (but we will see).
    AZ opportunities are few and far in between right now, all you have to do is look at the Vaccine Hunters twitter to see that, almost all of the listings are Phizer and Moderna, which makes sense as Canada only did 2.3M AZ shots as first doses. I did find a random Sobeys Pharmacy that had a bunch of doses this week and they went quick. I do hope all 2.3m get the choice of sticking with it or getting a mRNA ? Sir John Bell of Oxford University has spoken out greatly against mixing so I do want to see more studies supporting it before I were to go that route. But looking forward to it so we can all be back at BMO sooner than later.