View Poll Results: When BMO opens up for TFC games?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1-30

0 0%
  • July 1-31

6 12.24%
  • August 1-31

11 22.45%
  • September 1-30

16 32.65%
  • October 1-31

7 14.29%
  • November 1-30

9 18.37%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that's encouraging. And the big Pfizer delivery (plus 1 million Moderna) only rolled in partway through this week. The next weeks should be dynamite.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A lot of people got a lot of jabs this week.

&

We are on pace to match the US % for vaccinated later this month

My brother is having problems trying to book an appointment for his first shot.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Oldtimer that article is a crock. It totally misrepresents the results. As noxx98 noted, some of the infected likely had the infection before their first dose. The study also included infections that occurred within 14 days of the first dose, when immunity has not yet developed and is not expected.

In the real world, the UK did extremely well with a delayed 2nd dose strategy, including Pfizer. The B.1.1.7 variant is from there, so those results are obviously relevant for Canada. With increasing vaccine supplies, the 2nd dose will likely be accelerated for the oldest and the immune-compromised, which is where the only real risk lies according to multiple studies.
    Good to know. I've had one shot of Pfizer myself, my son and daughter in law just got it today, and my daughter will get Pfizer or Moderna next week.

Hoping to be at some games at BMO this fall!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    My brother is having problems trying to book an appointment for his first shot.
    Depending upon the criteria, people are booking into June but a LOT of people in Toronto & environs are now using the popups (if they qualify).

As you might know, best place to see tips on where & how is via the twitter handle @VaxhuntersCan . Do a search for that followed either by first 3 digits of a postal code or a town/municipality/county and you will usually see what has been available.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, have received my first shot! Moderna here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good to know. I've had one shot of Pfizer myself, my son and daughter in law just got it today, and my daughter will get Pfizer or Moderna next week.

Hoping to be at some games at BMO this fall!
    Congrats on the shots!

Select pharmacies are now vaccinating everyone 18+, that was announced tonight!

We just snagged an appointment online for my son at Walmart, but it was cancelled a moment later, argh... (We're not in a hotspot.) Now we have him on a couple of waitlists. His girlfriend got her shot yesterday due to hotspot postal code. She found that due to @VaxhuntersCan -- I think they deserve the Order of Canada or something like that!

Neither my wife nor I have died from our AZ shots yet so that's good. My daughter will soon feel all left out as she's 16 and not yet eligible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither my wife nor I have died from our AZ shots yet so that's good. My daughter will soon feel all left out as she's 16 and not yet eligible.
    Congrats on getting the vaccine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**Vaccine expansion klaxon**

Some pharmacies around the GTA are administering vaccines to everyone 18+. Great news, will be getting mine this week!

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter Miami going full stadium later this month

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter Miami going full stadium later this month

Cool. Shows us our future (which is running about 3-4 months behind FLA for being fully vaccinated).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/jkwan_md/status/1392120217032081411

more adults in ontario have been at least partially vaccinated than not, and on course for 80% of adults fully vaccinated by early september (although herd immunity is significantly before this).

good to see progress being made!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So September it seems....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that could move things along is a Leaf playoff run. The Leafs playing Stanley Cup finals games in front of 20,000 on the road and zero fans at home? With the numbers better?

There is nobody on earth who could withstand that pressure.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indoor is not going to happen - its too dangerous. No way they open up the ACC for a Leafs game.

As the % of fully vaccinated grows, there will be pressure to open up events to a smaller crowd - outdoor will be first.

I suspect sports events on a case by case basis will be pleading a strong case by mid August.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there is the fun that comes from being fully vaccinated but because you get tested all the time, having 8 members of your team get covid

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not necessarily use the canceling of those events as to when a limited crowd could attend a TFC game as the decision to cancel all these events would have logistical/deadlines etc. The big thing now will be the pushing up of those who took AZ being fully vaccinated. A lot of younger people , at least the 40+ plus crowd will get their second shots say by the end of June/July, even earlier is some cases which could let MLSE choose to play a game with fully vaccinated crowd with those that actually may want to be there.

cloud the Leafs play a Stanley Cup Final with a fully vaccinated limited crowd , possibly, well they would be the pressure too as it this would be happen, good luck trying to keep people out of the streets. As we all know a lot will have to happen for this to take place, both on the ice and off, but we can dream.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these events have huge costs associated with them and months of planning, etc, so can't afford for there to be any risk of not going ahead.

sports games are much shorter notice, not months of planning needed for each game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would not necessarily use the canceling of those events as to when a limited crowd could attend a TFC game as the decision to cancel all these events would have logistical/deadlines etc. The big thing now will be the pushing up of those who took AZ being fully vaccinated. A lot of younger people , at least the 40+ plus crowd will get their second shots say by the end of June/July, even earlier is some cases which could let MLSE choose to play a game with fully vaccinated crowd with those that actually may want to be there.

cloud the Leafs play a Stanley Cup Final with a fully vaccinated limited crowd , possibly, well they would be the pressure too as it this would be happen, good luck trying to keep people out of the streets. As we all know a lot will have to happen for this to take place, both on the ice and off, but we can dream.

The cancellations are for those events that require City permits in order to operate -- TFC is not normally associated with this as BMO field while in Exhibition Place is operated by MLSE (they just work out a deal around the CNE every year).
    TFC and the Jays are all dependent on the Province and Feds giving cross boarder exemptions based upon an number of things (including for example; vaccination rate of those that would be in a travelling party for TFC, average vaccination rates of the visiting teams, plan for those visiting teams once they arrive in Toronto and certain restrictions specific to TFC when they first get home like only travelling to the training ground and BMO field for their initial return quarantine)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    A lot of younger people , at least the 40+ plus crowd will get their second shots say by the end of June/July
    Really? Wow. In Durham region, people that are getting vaccinated now, like my daughter a couple days ago, in the 18+ hotspot category don't have their second dose scheduled until beginning of September. They haven't even given the first dose to the main 18+ population if you are not in a hotspot. For the general population, only the chronically ill and 60+ category in Durham will have both shots by end of July.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with people that events are being cancelled vs. a game being a one off.

Home games outdoors behind closed doors MIGHT happen in June but there is a poltical tinge to that because the PCPO is currently all in on "keep the borders closed" (its never really been closed & isn't going to but...rhetoric). Hard to say that & also say "But not for sports"

FWIW, TFC has TBD on home dates for June 19th & June 26th, both against US based teams.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-14-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with people that events are being cancelled vs. a game being a one off.

Home games outdoors behind closed doors MIGHT happen in June but there is a poltical tinge to that because the PCPO is currently all in on "keep the borders closed" (its never really been closed & isn't going to but...rhetoric). Hard to say that & also say "But not for sports"

FWIW, TFC has TBD on home dates for June 19th & June 26th, both against US based teams.
    There will be a decision on the current border arrangement by May 21 (I think that's the date the current arrangement is set to expire). The expectation is that it will be renewed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...open-1.6007645
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-14-2021 at 09:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Really? Wow. In Durham region, people that are getting vaccinated now, like my daughter a couple days ago, in the 18+ hotspot category don't have their second dose scheduled until beginning of September. They haven't even given the first dose to the main 18+ population if you are not in a hotspot. For the general population, only the chronically ill and 60+ category in Durham will have both shots by end of July.
    Based on the number of doses coming in, I predict 2nd shots will start being accelerated in June and July. We will also reach a point where vaccine uptake slows down. We'll do better than the US on average, but you hit a % point where the remainder are much harder to reach. (For example, in Toronto only 71% of the 80+ have been vaccinated.) The delivery numbers will go up even more starting June, but the demand for first shots will start levelling off. I don't know when they'll be all done, but those appointments for 2nd doses are not set in stone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to the above: Pfizer is accelerating its deliveries to Canada. We'll receive 3.4 million Pfizer doses next week, instead of the anticipated 2 million. Including Moderna, we'll be receiving a total of 4.5 million doses in the week (although you never know about Moderna, LOL).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the number of doses coming in, I predict 2nd shots will start being accelerated in June and July. We will also reach a point where vaccine uptake slows down. We'll do better than the US on average, but you hit a % point where the remainder are much harder to reach. (For example, in Toronto only 71% of the 80+ have been vaccinated.) The delivery numbers will go up even more starting June, but the demand for first shots will start levelling off. I don't know when they'll be all done, but those appointments for 2nd doses are not set in stone.
    As someone who got my first AZ shot on April 20th, the first day the 40+ crowd could get one I am going to be very interested to see how appointments are handled. Many pharmacies were not allowed to book second appointments at the time you got your first dose. There are about 850,000 people in Ontario(apron 2.3M in Canada) who got it as their first dose. The national advisory committee on immunization has recommended that those who want to take AZ as their second shot rather than mixing should be allowed to and as such the Ontario government is evaluating how they want to proceed. I fully expect them to allow those that want to take it as their second dose.

When the halt happened in Ontario on Tuesday their were about 50,000 doses in circulation, which expire at the end of the month and very little interest from anyone for taking it as their first dose, especially with the expanded rollout of the mRNA vaccines this week. I know of few pharmacies that have their stock in freezers and would have happily given me or or anyone a second dose if the OHIP system allowed for it rather than risk it going to waist. With another 650,000 AZ doses having arrived in Canada this week that expire by the end of August so the opportunity to have the AZ (heck every time I say that I think of the Dutch football team LOL) crowd fully vaccinated will come sooner than later once the ball gets rolling, even at the end of the day it will maybe only make up about 10% or so of all Canadians fully vaccinated with whatever they have taken.

The nation that Christine Elliott mentioning that Ontario could see expired doses of AZ is something that should be avoided at all costs.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my wife & I are hoping that they’ll let us take our 2nd AZ shot soon. Although I’ll still wait 10-12 weeks from the first one, as it’s more effective that way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmation that professional sports teams are not part of the city ban

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...-imminent.html

Toronto’s decision did not extend to professional sports events, which rely on permissions from the provincial and federal governments in addition to Toronto Public Health, the city said in a release.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree the Leafs are going to be what opens everything up.
    The states are falling like dominos. Every day a new team announces full capacity, with the only restriction that non vaccinated should be masked (no idea how that will be enforced).
    The leafs will likely start with a limited crowd of nurses, covid front line workers etc for PR. Then increase. Once a cup final hits people will flood the streets, and bars will be desperate for the revenue.
    Also, the CFL needs fans for an August start.
    I think the question moreso is what restrictions will MLSE put in place. Will only vaccinated fans be permitted? Will seats be spread out? Also for SSH, will it be optional, or will tix be mandatory?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for the TFC at whatever point they do return in 2021 tickets will be optional for SSHs as I believe capacity will be limited out of the gate. It will be a mixed bag for what each and every person wants to do. Some were ready to go back yesterday, others will want to wait. I think Ontario will allow business to decide if they want to only serve, entertain at least for discretionary things like bars, restaurants, sporting events, concerts etc. its already happening in New York and has proved to be quite popular with patrons. To do this at least domestically there will be some sort of voluntary passport made available.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I agree the Leafs are going to be what opens everything up.
    The states are falling like dominos. Every day a new team announces full capacity, with the only restriction that non vaccinated should be masked (no idea how that will be enforced).
    The leafs will likely start with a limited crowd of nurses, covid front line workers etc for PR. Then increase. Once a cup final hits people will flood the streets, and bars will be desperate for the revenue.
    Also, the CFL needs fans for an August start.
    I think the question moreso is what restrictions will MLSE put in place. Will only vaccinated fans be permitted? Will seats be spread out? Also for SSH, will it be optional, or will tix be mandatory?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article on re-opening the border. We'll know this week if there are any changes to what we have now. We won't be playing any home games at BMO (with or without supporters) until it changes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-canada-border

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Article on re-opening the border. We'll know this week if there are any changes to what we have now. We won't be playing any home games at BMO (with or without supporters) until it changes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-canada-border
    Wow I hope they don’t base their decisions on the numbers in the Bloomberg article. Their vaccination stats are way off. 45.8% of the Cdn population has had at least one shot (the article say 34%), and we’ll pass the US on that stat in 3 days and keep going higher. Some other info in the article is also wrong, as well as in the Bloomberg data tracker that they link to.

I know that fully vaccinated may be the more important stat for border reopening & vaccine passports, but Canada will likely pass the US on that in July.

Pro sports teams (tested & mostly vaxed) can be allowed to travel when case & hospital numbers are lower and vaccination numbers are higher, not necessarily tied to a general border reopening. They may ease things gradually before a general opening for all tourism for example. Plus things will get much more muddy as some regions in the US will continue to have very low vaccination numbers, high cases (if they bother testing) and high deaths. It won’t be an easy black & white decision.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-17-2021 at 11:07 AM.