Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a more interesting question is how many of us would go to a bmo thats 10k capacity spread out?
    I'm sure there will be demand, but I'm also sure many people will say forget it.
    Personally, i find an empty stadium to really take away from the experience. Just look at the difference between a Saturday night game, and a midweek ccl game.
    I don't expect to be back until 2022.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less than usual, that's for sure.

My guess is about 10,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    this seems like the worst case scenario, although definitely possible.

if we're smart and keep social distancing, staying home, etc, til we have a big % of people vaccinated, cases should be very low by the summer, and deaths should be around 0.

that being said, this govt hasnt exactly been known for being smart about things this pandemic.
    Keep in mind we saw a dip in cases last summer only to have it roar back come the fall. I would hope to see fans in some capacity at BMO this fall but I will not hold my breath. I think March 2022 is the much more realistic target. I do agree with you about this government however.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Keep in mind we saw a dip in cases last summer only to have it roar back come the fall. I would hope to see fans in some capacity at BMO this fall but I will not hold my breath. I think March 2022 is the much more realistic target. I do agree with you about this government however.
    we didn't have a vaccine last summer though.

if enough people get vaccinated then we **should** be good, barring any variants being fully resistant to covid (although not much evidence of this yet).

getting 80% of the population vaccinated is tough though, that's the main issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US is going to have everybody who wants to vaccinated by the end of April, early May.

Thinking is Canada might be there by the end of June.

I still think August because things will screw up somewhere but there is hope for not having to be worried about dying from this, and considering it is currently the 13th Month of March 2020, this is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August is reasonable, September likely. August assumes that the Ontario vaccine roll out becomes competent despite current evidence - which actually is possible given how effective our local health units, pharmacies and hospitals can be. The next few weeks will tell us if things are working properly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The government - both Canadian and Ontario - are run by idiots with zero logistical experience anywhere in their ranks. Vaccination distribution will be plagued by issues.

Don't expect to be back at BMO until at least September. The real goal should be to have some fan in the stadium ?(5-10k) for the playoffs.

it's not just fans that need to vaccinated - it's staff as well - concessions, facilities, security etc.

EDIT- Actually - maybe not concessions. I could see a no food/drink situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we only have 5,000 fans in attendance by the play offs (if we make it) with the government of Ontario saying their aim is for every citizen of the province who wants one to have had at least one shot by June 20th then something has gone *horrifically* wrong. That wouldn't just be logistical issues, that'd be catastrophic failure of either our health system or if the virus mutating in a way the vaccines don't help against and the entire world being back in some kind of lock down

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what the threshold would be for MLSE to open up games to spectators, I just do not see them doing it for 250-500 people. MLSE is a very different beast than Joey is when they opened up Impact games next summer. Also the Red Bulls choose to not have spectators when they could have let 500 in.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I wonder what the threshold would be for MLSE to open up games to spectators, I just do not see them doing it for 250-500 people. MLSE is a very different beast than Joey is when they opened up Impact games next summer. Also the Red Bulls choose to not have spectators when they could have let 500 in.

MLSE would totally open it up for 250-500 people.

I don't know why you think they wouldn't, unless you are following the narrative that they are cheap and wouldn't do anything unless they are going to make $$$ on the spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    MLSE would totally open it up for 250-500 people.

I don't know why you think they wouldn't, unless you are following the narrative that they are cheap and wouldn't do anything unless they are going to make $$$ on the spot.
    They're not cheap but also not stupid. Doing it for that little is effectively pointless. I say if they are allowed 10% or above then they'd do it for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    If we only have 5,000 fans in attendance by the play offs (if we make it) with the government of Ontario saying their aim is for every citizen of the province who wants one to have had at least one shot by June 20th then something has gone *horrifically* wrong. That wouldn't just be logistical issues, that'd be catastrophic failure of either our health system or if the virus mutating in a way the vaccines don't help against and the entire world being back in some kind of lock down
    this is true...if the vaccines are in arms even semi according to schedule then we should have a full stadium if we make playoffs (barring a heavily vaccine resistant strain spreading, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Province of Ontario doesn't have a plan to deliver vaccines - look on their website, there literally is no plan, just categories. June 20 is a wish that was blurted out by Hillier. The plan is being written now (or maybe not) and so scepticism is in order.

(PS I looked up the information because of family needs ie ill relatives who need to be vaccinated at home which is why I know there isn't a plan - unlike BC which actually has a plan and reasonable details available)
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-08-2021 at 12:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://apnews.com/article/cdc-fully...12ea9447e49917

good news (it's the CDC, but I'd imagine that our advice won't differ radically).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The Province of Ontario doesn't have a plan to deliver vaccines - look on their website, there literally is no plan, just categories. June 20 is a wish that was blurted out by Hillier. The plan is being written now (or maybe not) and so scepticism is in order.

(PS I looked up the information because of family needs ie ill relatives who need to be vaccinated at home which is why I know there isn't a plan - unlike BC which actually has a plan and reasonable details available)
    Nobody has less faith in the government of Ontario than I do, but there's a world of difference between 'every person who wants their first shot by June 20th will have it' and 'we've vaccinated so few people by November 19th that there is still such a threat of our healthcare system being overloaded and our oldest people dying that we need to limit attendance to outdoor sporting events'. That isn't just some logistic issues and poor planning, that is something has gone catastrophically wrong with the global supply of vaccinations

Would I bet my life that everyone who wants a shot in Ontario has their first shot by June 20th? Absolutely not. But I'd 100% bet my life that we're there by November

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They're not cheap but also not stupid. Doing it for that little is effectively pointless. I say if they are allowed 10% or above then they'd do it for sure.
    Not pointless at all. You get 500 loud supporters in there - that energy would give the player the push they need to win a game.

A move like this isn't about $ and it's not about getting people in just to have bums in seats.

This would 100% be about player motivation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Oh, I hear ya - I'm H&S manager for my workplace & its been 13 months of watching this province bungle things.

However, the plan is categories to decide eligibility & then have the PHU's & docs & pharmacies (the people who know how to get this stuff done as they do it every year with the flu shots) get this stuff done.

E.g. vaccinations happening in Toronto for eligible people https://vaccineto.ca/sites

I don't trust the province to skrew to not skrew this up somehow because the volume of vaccines is going to be enormous compared to now.

But, things are happening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not pointless at all. You get 500 loud supporters in there - that energy would give the player the push they need to win a game.

A move like this isn't about $ and it's not about getting people in just to have bums in seats.

This would 100% be about player motivation.
    You're not getting 500 coordinated people in one section though, and I'm sure they're not going to condone singing/cheering.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more of a distraction if they can pick out individual comments more easily.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    You're not getting 500 coordinated people in one section though, and I'm sure they're not going to condone singing/cheering.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more of a distraction if they can pick out individual comments more easily.
    No it won't be in 1 section - but still. 500 people in as close proximity as possible - cheering - some singing - just bringing energy - is way better than 0 people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it won't be in 1 section - but still. 500 people in as close proximity as possible - cheering - some singing - just bringing energy - is way better than 0 people.
    I want to agree with you on principle. I want to be back doing those things.

I don't think the people at the Montreal games added much to the atmosphere. Maybe it made a big difference on the field.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has less faith in the government of Ontario than I do, but there's a world of difference between 'every person who wants their first shot by June 20th will have it' and 'we've vaccinated so few people by November 19th that there is still such a threat of our healthcare system being overloaded and our oldest people dying that we need to limit attendance to outdoor sporting events'. That isn't just some logistic issues and poor planning, that is something has gone catastrophically wrong with the global supply of vaccinations

Would I bet my life that everyone who wants a shot in Ontario has their first shot by June 20th? Absolutely not. But I'd 100% bet my life that we're there by November
    Yes, I agree and it is very likely that we will have extensive vaccinations by august, almost certainly by september. June 20 was made up in a press conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, I hear ya - I'm H&S manager for my workplace & its been 13 months of watching this province bungle things.

However, the plan is categories to decide eligibility & then have the PHU's & docs & pharmacies (the people who know how to get this stuff done as they do it every year with the flu shots) get this stuff done.

E.g. vaccinations happening in Toronto for eligible people https://vaccineto.ca/sites

I don't trust the province to skrew to not skrew this up somehow because the volume of vaccines is going to be enormous compared to now.

But, things are happening.
    Agreed. Despite what Hillier says, not because of what he says, is really the case I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In BMO I think you need way more than that, if they are spread out, unfortunately

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect they would go with a % of capacity can be allowed in, lets say 10% - that's 3K of people & you can get quite a bit of noise with that many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect they would go with a % of capacity can be allowed in, lets say 10% - that's 3K of people & you can get quite a bit of noise with that many.
    Agreed re %. Likely in stages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the way our boy toy Trudeau is going.... we might catch up to South Sudan when it comes to vaccinations
    We will be back at BMO in 2022

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey this is a familiar face we haven’t heard from in a while!

Check out this interview, he actually has heard that we are going to be seated according to vaccine. Astra Zeneca zone, Pfizer zone etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzxrzFCyOs
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

Over a million doses so far in Ontario - could talk about why the US, UK & Europe are about 10 days ahead of us in terms of doses per 100 but that's another story.

A lot of vaccines are arriving - supply isn't a problem. Distribution is OK in Ontario if a little wonky due to trying to fit a provincial standard into local conditions.

Nothing happened this week to indicate to me that August isn't doable.

In the meantime though, April is going to be hellish - stay at home orders are coming back to most of the province and ICU's are not cleared yet from the second wave. There is a reason why the Army put in a mobile hospital unit at Sunnybrook last week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

Over a million doses so far in Ontario - could talk about why the US, UK & Europe are about 10 days ahead of us in terms of doses per 100 but that's another story.

A lot of vaccines are arriving - supply isn't a problem. Distribution is OK in Ontario if a little wonky due to trying to fit a provincial standard into local conditions.

Nothing happened this week to indicate to me that August isn't doable.

In the meantime though, April is going to be hellish - stay at home orders are coming back to most of the province and ICU's are not cleared yet from the second wave. There is a reason why the Army put in a mobile hospital unit at Sunnybrook last week.
    According to Ford, our capacity to vaccinate is 3x our current supply, so supply is still an issue. Bigger constraint right now seems to be distribution. The confusion around registration is disappointing. A vaccination registration system should have been implemented months ago, so that high risk patients could have been prioritized in advance.

I agree that April may be a mess. I keep an eye on the hospitalizations and ICU numbers, and they are going back up, which is not good

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, that capacity amount discussion is going to be mute in a couple of weeks. Which is why I'm still saying August. Local HPA's are pretty good at this, if the province just lets them get on with it.