Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When BMO opens up for TFC games

I have a hypothetical question for TFC season ticket holders:
    Supposing BMO reopens for games with a limited number of spectators, what do you think is the fairest way to allow spectators A.

1. A lottery system for SST holders.
    2. Those SST holders that opted to keep their money in the organization, get first crack.
    3. Those opted for a refund, get second crack.

I know what I think is fair.
    How about you?

Cheers
    Derko

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will really come down to how many people are allowed in. I really do not see MLSE opening it up with 250-500 fans in the stands similar to what Montreal did last summer for their games against the Canadian teams. Joey Saputo has a very different style than the corporate entity here in MLSE. The Impact used an auction system to sell their 250 tickets where the average price paid was about $75 a ticket. Red Bull Arena could have had 500 fans in the stands in 2020 and they chose not too. While they did say it was for health and safety season, the financial aspect of it certainly played a part in it.

If its north of 10,000 a game I think a SSH that wants to go will be able to. I honestly believe even if they do allow fans in the stands come September there will still be a significant number of people that will be caucious in this city and choose not too. Plus another question will be what will you have to do to be able to attend ie having to take a Covid test. New York for instances in allowing any sporting event that has a capacity of 10,000 or more to have 10% attend provided they have a negative test within 72 hours of the game. How people will want to to do that, not many in my eyes?

I think SSH who left their money will be first, then the rest of the SSH base and so how on, but as i said it will really come down to how many are allowed in will be a deciding factor in how they proceed.

10% = 3,000, 25% = 7,500, 50% = 15,000. This is based on a 30,000 capacity. Think it may be less in reality but not exactly sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I have a hypothetical question for TFC season ticket holders:
    Supposing BMO reopens for games with a limited number of spectators, what do you think is the fairest way to allow spectators A.

1. A lottery system for SST holders.
    2. Those SST holders that opted to keep their money in the organization, get first crack.
    3. Those opted for a refund, get second crack.

I know what I think is fair.
    How about you?

Cheers
    Derko

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what you have to do to attend a Knicks or Rangers game at Madison Square Gardens. I can also see the approach to indoor and outdoor events being very different. Even the leagues can choose to have stricter guidelines that what the state allows. For instances in Tampa, we just saw the Super Bowl with over 22K in the stands and on the other hand the Lightning and Raptors have chosen to close their games to spectators after starting the season with them.

https://www.msg.com/reopening-faq?cm...subnav#testing

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a year one season ticket holder who left his money in TFC and as an over 70’s guy I will not be heading to BMO any time soon.
    One spot opened up for the early birds.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what staffing changes need to happen when you allow a small number of people in the building. How much security do you need for 250 people spread throughout the stadium? Do they open any concessions? What about cleaning. Not just the seats, but bathrooms that wouldn't need to be cleaned otherwise, etc.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I wonder what staffing changes need to happen when you allow a small number of people in the building. How much security do you need for 250 people spread throughout the stadium? Do they open any concessions? What about cleaning. Not just the seats, but bathrooms that wouldn't need to be cleaned otherwise, etc.
    Having been to TFCII games at BMO, where everyone was seated in the lower bowl of the east side, there was maybe a half dozen security and ushers combined with maybe a few hundred if that in the stands. Even 1,000 fans on that one side would be pretty baron. If I remember correctly if it was a game after a first team match at least one of the concession stands remained open until at least the half. If it was a stand alone game , one of the BBQ grills was open.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Having been to TFCII games at BMO, where everyone was seated in the lower bowl of the east side, there was maybe a half dozen security and ushers combined with maybe a few hundred if that in the stands. Even 1,000 fans on that one side would be pretty baron. If I remember correctly if it was a game after a first team match at least one of the concession stands remained open until at least the half. If it was a stand alone game , one of the BBQ grills was open.
    I'm more so thinking about a the return on investment. Is it worth bringing in that staff to let 250 people watch a game?
    A double-header would be cheaper. You already have to do all of the cleaning, and your staff is already there.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related but un-related....what are the odds we still get a scarf this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    FO already confirmed they are in production. Pretty sure that was written in a members email recently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I'm more so thinking about a the return on investment. Is it worth bringing in that staff to let 250 people watch a game?
    A double-header would be cheaper. You already have to do all of the cleaning, and your staff is already there.
    TFC II had a Wednesday night game at BMO Field back in 2018 with an announced crowd of 50 people. I think the difference is that with TFC II it was the 50 people who wanted to be their, likely friends and families. A low allowed number for the first team could be more of a headache that its worth for MLSE. Interesting thing is that with Orlando City, when they had a 3,000 capacity limit you still could go on ticketmaster and get tickets, the same with FC Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honest it would not surprise me in the least if it is not until Spring 2022 before we as fans are allowed back into BMO. Not trying to be pessimistic but with the delay in vaccines both coming to Canada and in the rollout, combined with the daily reports of variants, I would be shocked if the government signs off on allowing fans in attendance this year. I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im skeptical myself- where i sit should be no issue -as most people dont ever show up to the left and right of me and there is no one who can sit in front of us- i know one thing is ill be ready to attend in 2026

im really unsure going forward im glad i went to the home opener last season.

all i know is how bad the washroom gets crowded when its cold outside -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    Judging by how bad they've screwed up this round of emails and leaked everyone's private account info, I would say we will be getting them but not for a while.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if what trudeau says is true and everyone who wants one can get a vaccine by september, i'd imagine they would be able to open with potentially 1/3 capacity at that time.

if vaccine rollout goes well and cases are still low, can see a full BMO being a reality in 2021 only if we make a playoff run.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the season for TFC (and by extension the Jays) playing out in two modes:

1) start on the road (Jays already confirmed they are in Dunedin for first 2 homestands, getting them to beginning of May) -- I personally feel as though TFC and the Jays will be in Florida as 'home' until at least beginning of June, more than likely July (give the vaccine delivery and roll-out to step up on both sides of the boarder)

2) July onwards will be back at home with government approval* with no fans initially, potentially getting to 10-15% capacity for both by September (and upwards depending on playoffs)
    *Government approval not guaranteed of course - I still like the one hypothetical idea for visiting teams I saw last year (I think it was over on the 24th minute blog) --> visiting teams, at least for MLS, travel to Buffalo and stay there -- they get 1 day exemptions from usual border restrictions based on league requirements to travel to BMO only for the game and travel back to Buffalo afterwards.
    Last edited by Cas87; 02-18-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I see the season for TFC (and by extension the Jays) playing out in two modes:

1) start on the road (Jays already confirmed they are in Dunedin for first 2 homestands, getting them to beginning of May) -- I personally feel as though TFC and the Jays will be in Florida as 'home' until at least beginning of June, more than likely July (give the vaccine delivery and roll-out to step up on both sides of the boarder)

2) July onwards will be back at home with government approval* with no fans initially, potentially getting to 10-15% capacity for both by September (and upwards depending on playoffs)
    *Government approval not guaranteed of course - I still like the one hypothetical idea for visiting teams I saw last year (I think it was over on the 24th minute blog) --> visiting teams, at least for MLS, travel to Buffalo and stay there -- they get 1 day exemptions from usual border restrictions based on league requirements to travel to BMO only for the game and travel back to Buffalo afterwards.
    And this is the perfect way for them to make the trip!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    And this is the perfect way for them to make the trip!
    Hey wait a second, what if they play the games in the middle of Lake Ontario, kinda like this but farther out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Hey wait a second, what if they play the games in the middle of Lake Ontario, kinda like this but farther out?

If Bono is in goal he puts it into the lake at least 6 times off a goal kick

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 seasons away from BMO will make it interesting when we return. Just in terms of alot of supporters seats are held by SSH.
    2 years when you're 28 is no big deal, but when youre 40 its a lifetime. People have kids, routines change, etc.
    I think my friends will be back for 1 more year, but then probably realize they're into hitting 2 games a year rather than 20.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    2 seasons away from BMO will make it interesting when we return. Just in terms of alot of supporters seats are held by SSH.
    2 years when you're 28 is no big deal, but when youre 40 its a lifetime. People have kids, routines change, etc.
    I think my friends will be back for 1 more year, but then probably realize they're into hitting 2 games a year rather than 20.
    uk is having fans back in stadiums from june.

we're a couple months behind the UK, so i'd imagine we'll be able to be back in some capacity in august.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still thinking September.....the province quietly moved Stage 2 from March to April (jabs into people over 80 & adults with chronic conditions living at home changing the timelines, as they should)

For those wanting to know - https://files.ontario.ca/moh-covid-1...2021-02-19.pdf
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-22-2021 at 03:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NJ governor Phil Murphy announced next week fans can return to arenas/stadiums that can hold more than 5,000 people.For indoor venues, 10% of capacity will be allowed (Devils) and outdoor venues (RBNY, Sky Blue) will be allowed to have 15% capacity. This is the type measures I could see for BMO and Ontario in general. These are little bit eased up compared to New York. The tristate area has been very likeminded in comparison to Ontario, in ways they have stricter by having 14 days quarantines for those traveling from other states. The big thing will be the border and the variants. We shall see.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UK and US may be opening up - but it could be partially influenced by their culture - and we've already witnessed how different Canadian attitudes are towards community and individual freedoms are compared to other countries. Part of me feels that the decision makers and general public might feel opening up sports to be a frivolous and unnecessary measure as long as we are still requiring masking in public places, schools, and have any amount of outbreaks going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I can see some people falling into this. I'm 51, my brother is 46, my dad would be 71 by then...we'll all be back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ines-1.5937850

what are everyone's current thoughts on BMO opening up with this current vaccine schedule?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been bullish about BMO opening up by September. Based on what we heard today, might be August. I know vaccines will be in people who want it before then but the nature of post-vaccine life is going to be very interesting to watch.

I suspect way more Canadians are going to get the vaccine once the true peer pressure related to work starts. But we are still going to be doing case counts daily for a bit yet.

In the meantime - KEEP THE EYES ON THE PRIZE PEOPLE - wash your damn hands, stay at home if you can, don't think you are immortal BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT, wear a mask in public and try to stay alive long enough to get back into BMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've been bullish about BMO opening up by September. Based on what we heard today, might be August. I know vaccines will be in people who want it before then but the nature of post-vaccine life is going to be very interesting to watch.

I suspect way more Canadians are going to get the vaccine once the true peer pressure related to work starts. But we are still going to be doing case counts daily for a bit yet.

In the meantime - KEEP THE EYES ON THE PRIZE PEOPLE - wash your damn hands, stay at home if you can, don't think you are immortal BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT, wear a mask in public and try to stay alive long enough to get back into BMO
    I'm hoping we can have a full stadium by september, with limited capacity viewing through august.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

what are everyone's current thoughts on BMO opening up with this current vaccine schedule?
    Even if we hit a majority vaccinated - COVID can still be passed around and tested positive - you're just not likely going to need to be hospitalised or on a vent or risk of death. But the COVID positivity rate might still be up there.

It will all depend if the Prov Gov't changes their definitions. The 'GREEN-Protect' part of the framework - outdoor spectators are limited to 100. But to get there we need something like less than 200 cases per day (don't quote me on that #)

I feel we have a long ways to go before we are allowed back at BMO. We need to vaccinate, get the #s down, hope the new variants don't over run us or the vaccines, and get the politicians to scrap the framework.

I'm cautiously optimistic for March 2022.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Even if we hit a majority vaccinated - COVID can still be passed around and tested positive - you're just not likely going to need to be hospitalised or on a vent or risk of death. But the COVID positivity rate might still be up there.

It will all depend if the Prov Gov't changes their definitions. The 'GREEN-Protect' part of the framework - outdoor spectators are limited to 100. But to get there we need something like less than 200 cases per day (don't quote me on that #)

I feel we have a long ways to go before we are allowed back at BMO. We need to vaccinate, get the #s down, hope the new variants don't over run us or the vaccines, and get the politicians to scrap the framework.

I'm cautiously optimistic for March 2022.
    this seems like the worst case scenario, although definitely possible.

if we're smart and keep social distancing, staying home, etc, til we have a big % of people vaccinated, cases should be very low by the summer, and deaths should be around 0.

that being said, this govt hasnt exactly been known for being smart about things this pandemic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

And even this new Ontario announcement was out-of-date as it was released, as it didn’t include the J&J vaccine, or the accelerated Pfizer delivery March - June, both announced by the Feds today.

Plus the US just announced they’ll have enough for everyone there by the end of May. They won’t make any new promises until they are close and know how things are really going. But what are their huge factories (Pfizer, Moderna AND J&J/Merck) doing in June? They could make enough doses to finish off any stragglers in Canada incl. 2nd doses within a week or two. Biden might want to do that as an olive branch to Canada after continuing to lock us out. (Of course there are also plenty of potential customers around the world.)

I could imagine limited BMO attendance starting in August or Sept. One issue: no vaccines for kids yet, but that is being tested now, and I think Pfizer is already approved for 16+
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-05-2021 at 09:23 PM.