RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not surprising considering that this time around. If you could be at BMO to begin the season you would simply push through less than ideal weather but if you have a choice as you can play here, Tampa is far more attractive than returning to Hartford. Florida's covid situation is nowhere near as dire as it was last year and thus the Jays are also leaning towards Dunedin over Buffalo. Reports suggest the Reds and Montreal could both play at Raymond James Stadium, home of the Bucs.

I figure playing at Raymond James is out of consideration for television and overall facilities than say playing at the Tampa Bay Rowdies home, Al Lang Stadium, which already has COYR on their stands ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember in 2018 I took my (then) little guy to see TFCII play Tampa Bay on a super hot summer day at BMO. That team had Joe Cole in his final season (I think) on it. I remember thinking man he's looking old out there. At half I googled him and found out he was born a month after me in '81. Ouch.

I have to say this is the much nicer of the 2 baseball stadiums in Tampa - at least in terms of view, and it looks like it would play nicer than the other MLS baseball stadium in use in the Bronx.

The main driver here I would expect from TFC's perspective is facilities. For that reason, I expect TFC to try to piggie back/ borrow whatever the Raptors have available to them in an attempt to treat the players as good as possible. Thats also why using Raymond James to me is more likely. Even if its too huge and the surface is for the wrong type of football.. TFC want to be seen as world-class, so moving to a minor league baseball stadium is probably not what they will end up doing even though I think it would be cool to watch the game with that sweet backdrop!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stadium choice would be about the surface (I hope). Al Lang might provide more control. Playing in a mostly empty mega stadium is also very dispiriting whereas they could make Al Lang a bit more of a "home fortress", including fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ saying tonight that Tampa has been worked on for awhile. "Warm weather is what they want"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Stadium choice would be about the surface (I hope). Al Lang might provide more control. Playing in a mostly empty mega stadium is also very dispiriting whereas they could make Al Lang a bit more of a "home fortress", including fans.
    I just doubt that playing surface trumps the existance and convenience of facilities for pro atheletes, training staff, and television crews, etc. Not to mention it would be very difficult for the team to follow covid protocols in such a cramped location that they would presumably share(?) with the Rowdies. The ambiance might be better but Al Lang was built in the 1940s and despite some renos it can't compete with Ray Jay in for existing conditions. The Bucs just dropped $150M in stadium upgrades and facilities for the team. Whether or not the Reds end up striking a deal to play there I don't know but if Tampa is the spot where the season happens it would make sense to spend at least the start of the season there.