Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
Of course, as @joshuakloke and I have mentioned, there was a sense around MLS that Ali Curtis and Bill Manning wouldn't want a coach who would demand a lot of roster control. Not getting more control was part of why Vanney left, from what I'm told.

Armas probably isn't that guy.

From Sam Stejskal. This is a bit worrying. I thought the Vanney stuff was because he wanted go home. If this is part of the reason, this scares the shit out of me.

We are at a tipping point. Either this is going to ugly this season, or Curtis finally brings in the right pieces, and Armas surprises us.

Gun to my head, it think it’s the former.
Armas also Tech Director so he will have some roster say and the roster will have to be constructed to play whatever style he wants us to play (press obviously). This season should be pretty ugly because as I said above, we're the slowest, least fit team in the league (history?) and I doubt we can manage an Aron WInter level of roster turnover before the season starts. I expect a whole lot of muscle injuries, CF whining, and players chasing shadows in 2021.