Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1085
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oooooh now this gets my juices flowing more than Insigne.

Also MLS makes sense for him.
    yes, he's definitely what we need more than a winger.

more than a goal every 2 games in the bundesliga, would be an incredible signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is indeed exactly what we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Why not both?
    I like your thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Why not both?
    We'll probably have 2 DP slots ... let's dream!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/reportingmls/sta...18897547853826

kramaric would be an excellent signing for whoever can get him, imo.

would be a good call that, he's at that age now where this would be his last big move. Most players now want a shot at premier league due to he money in it, he's already tried that in the past, you could see him wanting to come to mls. Great signing for whomever gets him. Not the flashy name to put bums in seats but a proper player who will improve the team he signs for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Haha very good. You made me start looking at other poetry about decay and disasters. Then I got a hold of myself!

I think the whole “MUFC aren’t MUFC anymore” thing is true but incomplete.

It's still one of the five or seven biggest teams in the world, and participants in the game of the caliber of Ronaldo still choose it. I mean, I think at least half the active managers in the top six leagues in world football would leave their jobs to be an assistant at an MUFC.

There is an expectation, a belief, on the part of everyone involved that decision making at a club like this is better than this.
    Not to belabour this discussion, but I missed the fun yesterday. I think the MUFC aren't MUFC comment is exactly right. They don't know what kind of team they are anymore or what kind of football to play. Hiring Rangnick is the latest example of chasing a style of play that is cool and popular but isn't Man U. And does not in any way suit the players they have there now. It's going to take a year or two and lots of personnel moves for this style to bed in there, and there will be lots of growing pains along the way. Will supporters be prepared to wait it out? History says no. This is the bigger problem than hiring Christopher Armas. I support Norwich so I don't really care either, but that's my outsider view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Athletic put out a huge fluff piece on Chris Armas, basically talking about all the positives about him as a coach. Didn't bring up any negatives, totally glossing over the horrible performance with TFC and his downfall with RBNY. They only spoke to RBNY players, no one from TFC. They included this laughable quote: “I don’t see (coming to Old Trafford) being an issue with Chris because I don’t think he’s gonna get into a pissing match with anyone.” Are we going to totally ignore the Jozy incident here?

Generally enjoy The Athletic, but sometimes they can act like mouthpieces for players/coaches/agents to get a story out.
    https://theathletic.com/3004317/2021...nise-midfield/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangely enough, nobody here seems mad for Manning making a MUFC quality coach slip away from us.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I support Norwich so I don't really care .
    The rest of the quote is irrelevant...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Strangely enough, nobody here seems mad for Manning making a MUFC quality coach slip away from us.
    It blows my mind, ever since reading that since deleted tweet from Taylor. Have we ever seen such a move in recent times, being fired from a MLS job and the next one being an assistant with one of the biggest clubs in the world. I understand this is not normal circumstances considering a caretaker manager hired him, but I am very curious to see what this does for his future career prospects. Prior to this Man U appointment I though his most likely landing spot was as a head coach in the US college ranks, now I have no idea.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It blows my mind, ever since reading that since deleted tweet from Taylor. Have we ever seen such a move in recent times, being fired from a MLS job and the next one being an assistant with one of the biggest clubs in the world. I understand this is not normal circumstances considering a caretaker manager hired him, but I am very curious to see what this does for his future career prospects. Prior to this Man U appointment I though his most likely landing spot was as a head coach in the US college ranks, now I have no idea.
    Not quite, but Prof. Carlos Quieroz came close! He lasted less than a season as coach of the New York MetroStars and was assistant manager of Man United six years later, then manager of Real Madrid for a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Queiroz

I noticed today too that John Carver is in the running for the manager job at Hibs, after spending some time as assistant manager of Scotland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I now hope that Armas does well in his new position. Because if he does well at MUFC but was considered not good enough for TFC, then wouldn't that bode well for TFC being seen as a club with a high floor of expectations, possibly influencing some European players and managers to see TFC as an acceptable North American stop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Honestly, I now hope that Armas does well in his new position. Because if he does well at MUFC but was considered not good enough for TFC, then wouldn't that bode well for TFC being seen as a club with a high floor of expectations, possibly influencing some European players and managers to see TFC as an acceptable North American stop?
    Him doing well does nothing to TFC, being a cog in a giant machine at MANU is vastly different from being the head coach of TFC. If he lasts the term and is kept then good for him, maybe he should stick to being a coach and not a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, Kilbane really doesn't have a filter, does he?

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/12/11/...istant/539740/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS dream comes true… for F1

https://www.thestar.com/sports/auto-...ing-sport.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing Armas next to Ragnick on the bench in the Norwich game is surreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Seeing Armas next to Ragnick on the bench in the Norwich game is surreal.
    Still shaking my head.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That picture deserves a caption bubble.

"What am I doing here?"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the Manchester Evening News headlines LOL

Man United warned over new coach appointment after 'disaster' spell

Man United warned over new coach appointment after 'disaster' spell - Manchester Evening News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Not to belabour this discussion, but I missed the fun yesterday. I think the MUFC aren't MUFC comment is exactly right. They don't know what kind of team they are anymore or what kind of football to play. Hiring Rangnick is the latest example of chasing a style of play that is cool and popular but isn't Man U. And does not in any way suit the players they have there now. It's going to take a year or two and lots of personnel moves for this style to bed in there, and there will be lots of growing pains along the way. Will supporters be prepared to wait it out? History says no. This is the bigger problem than hiring Christopher Armas. I support Norwich so I don't really care either, but that's my outsider view.
    Fans were complaining that they looked tired and leggy against Norwich. Next will come the inevitable injuries from Armas pushing them too fast to get up to fitness speed for a full-field press.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Fans were complaining that they looked tired and leggy against Norwich. Next will come the inevitable injuries from Armas pushing them too fast to get up to fitness speed for a full-field press.
    Yep exactly, and they looked like our boys did, the first 30 minutes they have the energy to press. But they are not up to the fitness of being able to press the entire game so of course they are going to start looking tired in the second half. However we will see what happens this week in training for them and if any injuries start occuring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, if injuries *don't* occur, is that an indictment of our training/medical staff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m almost feeling sorry for Armas, at this rate he will get blamed for bringing COVID to United (still really happy he is no longer our manager though)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Now, if injuries *don't* occur, is that an indictment of our training/medical staff?
    They were screwing things up long before Armas showed up. If anything, they're worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nobody wants to talk about this

&

the chances of us having games with full crowds by March are slim.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I know nobody wants to talk about this

&

the chances of us having games with full crowds by March are slim.
    let's not start this again.

the chances are really high that we start the season with full crowds.

once 3rd doses are rolled out in january we'll be back to where we were a month ago with enough protection to keep cases and hospitalizations down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long way til March. But I'd be worried if i was an Olympian.
    No thread to discuss the schedule release?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    let's not start this again.

the chances are really high that we start the season with full crowds.

once 3rd doses are rolled out in january we'll be back to where we were a month ago with enough protection to keep cases and hospitalizations down.
    I doubt there will be full crowds. From what I have seen there's absolutely no proof the 3rd mRNA dose adds anything against Omicron that the first two shots don't. Well other than non-peer reviewed press releases by Moderna & Pfizer. I will believe it when it's reviewed by someone not making profit off it and right now those scientists haven't even figured out what Omicron does yet. Yeah it's March before we get rolling but I don't see this fading away until it's hot out again, maybe May.