Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I’m old school. One is plenty.
    Also no water breaks except at the half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matudi will count as a DP for Miami. They now have 4 DPs. Need to get to 3 by next weekend.
    (Pellegrini is 21 and might be able to qualify as a Young Player depending on salary)
    Last edited by rydermike; 04-06-2021 at 02:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Matudi will count as a DP for Miami. They now have 4 DPs. Need to get to 3 by next weekend.

Is counting him as DP for the time being because the league thinks he has been paid more than what they were told?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is counting him as DP for the time being because the league thinks he has been paid more than what they were told?
    I think it's not a time being thing. I think they legit got caught paying him on the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to twitter, Zavaleta has become eligible to play for El Salvador internationally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC relationship with Liverpool explained, along with bits about the Gallacher loan and further interest being maintained.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...nship-20342218

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFC relationship with Liverpool explained, along with bits about the Gallacher loan and further interest being maintained.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...nship-20342218
    I can not see Tony staying at Liverpool if it means another season playing for the U23s in PL2. He will have to make a move sooner rather than later for his development. So a return to Toronto could happen, it will all come down to the numbers making sense for both parties. What are U23 salaries like anyways in England?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I can not see Tony staying at Liverpool if it means another season playing for the U23s in PL2. He will have to make a move sooner rather than later for his development. So a return to Toronto could happen, it will all come down to the numbers making sense for both parties. What are U23 salaries like anyways in England?
    Similar story to Liam Millar in my opinion. Good player but the jump to first team football in the prem looks large. Wonder if he’d be back with TFC if the vaccine situation was more in order and we were playing at home?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From memory, the wages these guys get at that level are around $200K a year - more then Justin Morrow gets (arguably the greatest LB career MLS has ever seen BTW) - which is why you don't see many FBs move to MLS. They can still earn quite a bit in the Championship level.

Gallacher's mentality fits TFC very well though - trains hard, gets along, has a brain. If he came here, he'd have a long career and would be a mainstay of the team for a decade. But there's really little reason to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From memory, the wages these guys get at that level are around $200K a year - more then Justin Morrow gets (arguably the greatest LB career MLS has ever seen BTW) - which is why you don't see many FBs move to MLS. They can still earn quite a bit in the Championship level.

Gallacher's mentality fits TFC very well though - trains hard, gets along, has a brain. If he came here, he'd have a long career and would be a mainstay of the team for a decade. But there's really little reason to do that.
    Wasn’t Justin’s 2019 salary reported as $330K?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle somehow got Brad Smith from Bournmouth that worked out well for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at Mavinga's height on the mls website. They really didn't want to say 6 feet

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/chris-mavinga/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin Morrow in 2020 was making 330000 a year American actually a lot more than 200000 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Look at Mavinga's height on the mls website. They really didn't want to say 6 feet

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/chris-mavinga/
    They also say he was born in Meaux, Congo DR, which is actually in France.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I stand corrected on Morrow & FB pricing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Molinaro has started his own website to write for?

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 feature articles a week he says - he wants to write in depth stuff

$50 a year for a subscription

How often will you be writing/posting?

Subscribers can expect at least five feature articles per week, but it'll very likely be more than that. There will also be regular posts about the daily news (trades, player signings, injuries, etc), but the main focus of TFC Republic will be its feature articles.

Yes..I paid.

If you want content for TFC, here's the chance to see it happen - Molinaro has been known to not be a mouthpiece for the team & is the most senior journo covering the team in terms of history. He's not a supporter. Will see if he can dig up stuff but having somebody on that beat full time...to me that's worth the price.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-12-2021 at 12:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 feature articles a week he says - he wants to write in depth stuff

$50 a year for a subscription

Yes..I paid.
    me too. 50 bucks is nothing for good TFC stuff.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna sign up when I get home. I think we are all starved for TFC coverage and I am willing to pay for it at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting news out of DCU

She was the top analytics person at Atlanta for 6 years (got there 2 years before the team played) after some time with teams like Reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting news out of DCU

She was the top analytics person at Atlanta for 6 years (got there 2 years before the team played) after some time with teams like Reading.
    Already the most qualified person DC United could hire. If there is someone who can break the old boys club, it's Lucy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An exercise in an MLS version of "sliding doors" - this happened therefore this is what happened

TFC appears 3 times

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-7...in-mls-history

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An exercise in an MLS version of "sliding doors" - this happened therefore this is what happened

TFC appears 3 times

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-7...in-mls-history
    That 2018 Atlanta-Toronto game had multiple beautiful moments for Seba, including a pretty late goal. The last hurrah *sniff*

If I was going to include a Atlanta-Toronto game, it would have been the 2017 one, where Seba tied it late on the FK, thereby causing Atlanta to drop to third and have to play a play-in game, which they lost in PKs to Columbus.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

led to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Exactly!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice that coming in from the Belgian league, DC coach Hernan Losada has instituted a tough new fitness regime, saying the whole team was a little overweight and out of shape.

MLS teams have a long history in CCL -- not just at altitude -- of fading late against continental clubs. We also seem to have more injuries per team than any league I've ever seen.

I wonder if his concern is broader than just DC. Perhaps this is a holdover from the rapidly disappearing days of the pay-to-play academy system in the U.S., that American players aren't trained to be able to run for 90 minutes. Certainly, the college system with infinite subs doesn't support it.

Maybe the last thing to catch up is fitness/body mass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I notice that coming in from the Belgian league, DC coach Hernan Losada has instituted a tough new fitness regime, saying the whole team was a little overweight and out of shape.

MLS teams have a long history in CCL -- not just at altitude -- of fading late against continental clubs. We also seem to have more injuries per team than any league I've ever seen.

I wonder if his concern is broader than just DC. Perhaps this is a holdover from the rapidly disappearing days of the pay-to-play academy system in the U.S., that American players aren't trained to be able to run for 90 minutes. Certainly, the college system with infinite subs doesn't support it.

Maybe the last thing to catch up is fitness/body mass.
    NCAA Soccer historically had wonky rules too (unlimited subs). Not sure if that’s still the case.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, given how much MLS tends to parrot NFL practices, here's what the NFL is requiring of non-player staff this year as far as vaccinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who have some time on their hands. MLS roster rules are set.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2021-....co/NxsRRpvryr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club's share of transfer or loan fee revenue may only be used as follows:

- The club may assign up to $1,050,000 of the transfer/loan revenue as General Allocation Money. In the case of Designated Players, transfer/loan revenue may not be assigned as General Allocation Money. In the case of U22 Initiative Slot players, please refer to the section on U22 Initiative Roster Slots.

This is a dumb rule and removes all incentive to sell DPs. If MLS wants to be a selling league, you need to allow teams to reinvest that money into other acquisitions.