0 Thread(s)

Completely hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Yup just about official now...major WTF
    I'm sure Armas will be running drills essentially. I could see him being good at that. With the added benefit he does know the system.

Bit of an aside, but I can't see this pressing system working any better at Man United than it did with us. Too many whiners and complainers on that team not committed to running and working - in fact their whole spine from Ronaldo to Bruno to McGuire are all whiners. Will be interesting to see what happens. They're lucky they have a run of ten or eleven straight good fixtures to get it sorted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, this is nuts , who would have thought he would have ended up at Man U of all places after being fired from TFC , never saw this coming lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...roMyN7InFtfsSQ

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yep, this is nuts , who would have thought he would have ended up at Man U of all places after being fired from TFC , never saw this coming lol

That headline is hilarious!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That headline is hilarious!
    They keep hitting on his 7-1 loss / failure at TFC throughout the entire article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm sure Armas will be running drills essentially. I could see him being good at that. With the added benefit he does know the system.

Bit of an aside, but I can't see this pressing system working any better at Man United than it did with us. Too many whiners and complainers on that team not committed to running and working - in fact their whole spine from Ronaldo to Bruno to McGuire are all whiners. Will be interesting to see what happens. They're lucky they have a run of ten or eleven straight good fixtures to get it sorted.
    I think that is exactly what he will be doing. As I said in previous post, Ragnick is hands on at training sessions, he takes them with his coaches helping. He's not a Fergie who stayed away from the training ground and delegated. Armas will be one of many coaches under his tutelage. Michael Carrick who was coach recently left so there was a vacancy. Kierna McKenna is staying on from old set up, plus Ragnick will bring in 3 more of his own of which Armas is one. Ragnick was the person who implemented that pressing style throughout the Red Bull organisation. We know that Armas tried to implement that style with TFC but ultimately failed.He's not be the first coach who sucked at management, but as a coach he will follow orders not make them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article also has this sub headline:

• He was denied the work permit because he did not have a UEFA Pro License

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas. Well, shows what I know.

This is hilariously going to be a situation where TFC (and RBNY) supporters know something about something at Manchester United, long before people around Manchester United do.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

head coaching and being an assistant coach are two different worlds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a member on a Utd fan site, they are taking his appt a lot better than I thought. His views on the game line up with Ragnick's seems to be the thought process. Someone posted this below, not sure how accurate it is
    In Chris Armas's only full season as a head coach in MLS, the New York Red Bulls had the fastest ball recoveries in the league, with the highest press
    Utd are currently close to appointing another member to their coaching staff Sascha Lense, who when he worked with Ragnick at Leipzig was referred to a "mental coach", although at Utd he will part of the actual coaching staff. Seems like he wants to surround himself with those that share the red bull mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair to Armas its not like Curtis had him set up to succeed, the roster did not suit his preferred style.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    To be fair to Armas its not like Curtis had him set up to succeed, the roster did not suit his preferred style.
    True but he also took a great RB Marsh team and ground them down in less than a full year with mostly the same roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Marsch left the team was 2nd in the Eastern Conference. Armas brought them to first place overall to win the supporters shield and got them to a conference final which Marsch had not done in his two previous years. Made playoffs the following year then didnt have a great start to 2020 (still in a playoff spot) and parted ways. So gotta be careful and tell it how it really was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC part of new pro league MLS NEXT PRO

MLS NEXT Pro Unveils 21 Clubs for Inaugural Season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post

In that article :

"The league has appointed its two leading executives. Charles Altchek has been named President and Ali Curtis will be Senior Vice President of Competition and Operations of MLS NEXT Pro."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait until he has a fight with Ronaldo and they ban Ronaldo for 7 games... watch for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious if they will start to see any injuries in training like we did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I think that's down to our crappy physio team rather than Armas. Been happening prior to him coming and after him leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I can't wait until he has a fight with Ronaldo and they ban Ronaldo for 7 games... watch for it.
    I suspect what will happen is he will want Ronaldo to play as a midfield shuttler and to move McTominay to Centre Forward.

I find the appointment of Armas shocking and it makes me really wonder about Ragnick. If Ayew could finish Man U would likely have lost v CP. Jury is well out on him.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 12-06-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    They absolutely will. It's normal when tying to install a pressing system. Liverpool suffered from it during Klopps first season. Rangnick already mentioned the possibility of injuries due to the change in style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    True but he also took a great RB Marsh team and ground them down in less than a full year with mostly the same roster.
    He lost the room there, as he did with us. I mean, we started the season by beating Leon, the eventual Leagues Cup winner, so initially he was great.

Initially, he was doing great in NY. But bloggers there pointed to personality clashes with his DPs, playing guys out of position. It very much seems like he was exactly as he seemed: a good field coach who couldn't command a room.

When your team is already cohesive and winning, as Marsch's was, it's a lot easier to come in and mantain that with status quo for a while. But when professional egos start getting involved, a manager has to be able to command the room. And he couldn't. But he probably won't have to at Man Utd, he'll just be tasked with coaching the Red Bull system.

We have more egos, more older successful players with more money than NYRB had, where it was mostly a petulant Brazilian and a few knobs. Our dressing room obviously already had strong issues of Alpha Dog shit going on, and he was just utterly the wrong guy to resolve that.

But he won't have to there, so it's not that surprising. I'm only surprised because his recent record with us is bad PR. But bad PR to a rabid supporter base isn't enough to trump hin knowing the system AND being out of work when they only technically have a six-month deal to fix all this.

Heh heh, maybe Rangnick will turn down the full-time job if succcessful, decide he likes consulting. Then they'll offer it to Armas and.... al of our heads will explode simultaneously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I guess TFCII is leaving USL League One then?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So, I guess TFCII is leaving USL League One then?
    Yep, 8 teams in MLS Next Pro are leaving USL including TFC II.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, 8 teams in MLS Next Pro are leaving USL including TFC II.
    I wonder where this league will rank? Div 2 occupied USL C level, or Div 2 USl-One? If those leagues still exist as the pro minor leagues, as it were, traditionally wouldn't a new tier rank below them? How does the US Federation handle that?

If it were just feeder teams it could just stand on its own without ranking, but they've already admitted an indepedent franchise, so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its supposed to be D3

So 2022

D1-MLS
    D2-USL Championship
    D3-USL League1 + MLS NEXT PRO + NISA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rsl declines option on ashtone morgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

I am convinced the simulation has encountered some bugs. I think we need a reboot.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-06-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manchester United is making a colossal mistake here.

I mean, assistant coach, that isn't a tactician role. It's the job of assistant coaches to get close to players, help them emotionally/mentally, smooth out the edges… this guy was a supreme failure at exactly those things!

and add on the fact that, it's a super club! Where every single person involved should have an enormous record of success wherever they have been.

Are they running open mike night here?

I mean, what in the absolute f&$&?
    Last edited by ensco; 12-06-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rsl declines option on ashtone morgan
    This is great. Get him back here. Player/coach, solid sub, working with academy kids.

Let's get him sorted, this is a great person and a key team DNA guy.

You watch, if we don't - Vanney or Bez will.