0 Thread(s)

tfc2 lose 2 - 1 to tucson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    tfc2 lose 2 - 1 to tucson
    The kid they just signed from Houston looked good again, apparently.

Still chaffs that we let Tyler Pasher go so early in his career. He barely got a look, but he sure shut down the left side against Liverpool in a friendly, which should've told us something. Now, in Kevin Phillips/Gareth Bale mode, they've converted him from fullback to forward and he's a dangerous player.

Any kid plays that well against Liverpool, even in a friendly, you don't let him go. Still shaking my head over that one.

Jesus H Rongen et al were fucking terrible at youth development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pasher has been playing as a forward since leaving TFC. His first season after was in Finland (I think) and he had double digits in goals. I think he might have even been a forward prior to joining TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Garreth McLaughlin just scored his 3rd goal of the season to go along with 1 assist. TFC2 has scored 4 goals this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo Mbongue got blood on his jersey, so they had to give him a new jersey. So they made him wear #97 (aka Ralph Priso's number) Hugo Mbongue and Ralph Priso-Mbongue are brothers lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The kid they just signed from Houston looked good again, apparently.

Still chaffs that we let Tyler Pasher go so early in his career. He barely got a look, but he sure shut down the left side against Liverpool in a friendly, which should've told us something. Now, in Kevin Phillips/Gareth Bale mode, they've converted him from fullback to forward and he's a dangerous player.

Any kid plays that well against Liverpool, even in a friendly, you don't let him go. Still shaking my head over that one.
    I had field level seats for that, right along Pasher’s left flank. The size difference between the teams was reminiscent of Lebron James playing high school basketball. They were gracious guests (to say the least).

Now that said, I think it’s very agreeable that our a development pathway stinks. Not the players but the process. We barely produce a rotation player and god forbid we actually sold someone for money. They should have let Okello go to Germany and Perruzza go to Europe. At least send the message this isn’t a career black hole and a waste of time.

So far, players we’ve cut or have left are having better careers than those that stay.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So Garreth McLaughlin just scored his 3rd goal of the season to go along with 1 assist. TFC2 has scored 4 goals this season.
    Isn't this their 3rd match as well?

Good on em
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc2 v ftl 2-2 final nelson ties it up late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc2 beat FTL 2-1 goals by Rutty and former italian international Altobelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Tfc2 beat FTL 2-1 goals by Rutty and former italian international Altobelli
    Italian international? Pretty sure he a current Canadian youth player. Never heard of him playing for an Italian youth team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Italian international? Pretty sure he a current Canadian youth player. Never heard of him playing for an Italian youth team.
    im jus being silly.there was a player on the 1982 italian world cup winning team named altobelli,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of the 1st team yutes getting minutes for TFCII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retesting no Priso. He’ll start on Saturday. Marky on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2-1 victory tonight including a Noble goal on a PK.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 4-2 victory tonight at North Carolina. Garrett McLailughlin keeps on scoring with the hat trick. Erickson Gallardo was also loaned from the first team and started in the victory. They are at Revs next weekend before apparently return to Toronto for their July 30th matchup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo had a solid match, only played the first 45 after coming back from injury. Could've scored the first goal. Solid move to collect the ball and put it past the keeper, then McLaughlin just kicked the ball in instead of letting Gallardo finish it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gallardo is trash. Waste of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Gallardo is trash. Waste of money.
    I think the process of getting him was trash. Management was talking up acquiring a TAM winger for months and we ended up with Gallardo who was only TAM listed for one season because of the modest transfer fee. His salary is comparable to what DeLeon gets. If he was acquired and talked about as a young player who still needs a lot of development, but has shown flashes, I don't think we'd be upset. Instead management talked about how they'd be bringing in a Soteldo quality player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think the process of getting him was trash. Management was talking up acquiring a TAM winger for months and we ended up with Gallardo who was only TAM listed for one season because of the modest transfer fee. His salary is comparable to what DeLeon gets. If he was acquired and talked about as a young player who still needs a lot of development, but has shown flashes, I don't think we'd be upset. Instead management talked about how they'd be bringing in a Soteldo quality player.
    He's 26 years old. He's not worth the transfer fee or the TAM label. He's too old to be a youth project, he should be a starter or at least a viable sub by now.

Not sure who found him, but this was a miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 26 years old. He's not worth the transfer fee or the TAM label. He's too old to be a youth project, he should be a starter or at least a viable sub by now.

He's 24 not 26. We signed him at 22, viable "potential prospect age"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when you Google him, it shows his birthday as June 3, 1995. However it's actually July 26, 1996.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    A 4-2 victory tonight at North Carolina. Garrett McLailughlin keeps on scoring with the hat trick. Erickson Gallardo was also loaned from the first team and started in the victory. They are at Revs next weekend before apparently return to Toronto for their July 30th matchup.
    McLaughlin had zero goals in 11 games at Rio Grande last year. This year, eight in 13. Kid can obviously finish when someone sets him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think when you Google him, it shows his birthday as June 3, 1995. However it's actually July 26, 1996.
    So he's 25 in a week. Either way, well past dev stages. He should be reaching peak around 28-30 as a wide player. He was starting in the Venezuelan league, I thought? He's not going to get better. He's either ready -- which is hard to say given how little he's played -- or he's not.

Seems like a Shaffelburg with more downside, lots of wheels and some decent skills but not much game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So he's 25 in a week. Either way, well past dev stages. He should be reaching peak around 28-30 as a wide player. He was starting in the Venezuelan league, I thought? He's not going to get better. He's either ready -- which is hard to say given how little he's played -- or he's not.

Seems like a Shaffelburg with more downside, lots of wheels and some decent skills but not much game.
    My cynical side says we signed him to curry favours to the right people in South America, knowing he was likely not going to amount to much.

But the real crime wasn’t signing him as much as taking 3 years to finally bring in Solteldo. We went through a lot of mediocre options before that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's 24 not 26. We signed him at 22, viable "potential prospect age"
    Makes more sense why they'd go after him then.

But I stand by my last comment - he should be a starter or at least a viable sub by now.

I use guys like Osorio and Delgado as standards we should be targeting when developing youth.
    These guys were making big impacts to the club by age 24 - they weren't still trying to find themselves.

I don't expect everyone to be a top notch starter, but they should at least look good coming off the bench. Gallardo isn't close to that. Time to move on and call it a loss

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the 30 minutes he played this year, Gallardo looked pretty good as an option for speed on the right. Not Soteldo good but he was MLS good.

Watching LAG this year, I'm not sold on Vanney being all that interested in speedy winger types, to be honest.

Point is, don't think the lad has been given a fair shot yet. Lets not write off his development quite yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo came on for the last ~25 mins for TFC2 in a 0-1 loss. Showed some speed, played one decent cross into the box but not much else. Granted, TFC2 looked pretty poor the whole game so it wasn't just him.