Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would think so. It would likely sell more than a few tickets. Got to fill the empty ones someone.
    when is the game and is it a one off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    when is the game and is it a one off
    Unsure as of yet, it was supposed to be Sept 14 - 16 but we play Miami on the 14th so who knows and yes it is a one off

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first Toronto Derby at BMO has a date, Wednesday September 22. Looking forward to it even with how this season is going.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sobering article today on TFC Republic. Can’t say I disagree, the mentality of the team feels lower than even 2018. It’s going to take a good manager and some substantial roster upgrades to change things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19/20 Red kit on sale at SVP Sports for $29.99
    https://www.svpsports.ca/products/ad...SABEgIOVPD_BwE

Other items as well:
    https://www.svpsports.ca/search?type...&submit=Search
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-24-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This skills competition is awful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Great sale. Too bad I missed being able to get any of my sizes I need. Canada stuff too. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The first Toronto Derby at BMO has a date, Wednesday September 22. Looking forward to it even with how this season is going.

Geez, having spent the other night watching highlights from this CPL season, and then Pacific's win over Vancouver last night, I might have to revise my view of the league.

We should still beat York comfortably if playing well, but most of the teams seem to have really come on in the last two seasons.

If we play like we have in the last three games, we could get embarrassed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Perez will take this match seriously and put out a full strength side? With him likely only being on until the end of the season, will he care if TFC win the Voyageurs Cup qualify for champions league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Geez, having spent the other night watching highlights from this CPL season, and then Pacific's win over Vancouver last night, I might have to revise my view of the league.

We should still beat York comfortably if playing well, but most of the teams seem to have really come on in the last two seasons.

If we play like we have in the last three games, we could get embarrassed.
    Pacific, by the looks of it, has a pretty gritty team. Definitely worked to their advantage against Vancouver. Were also missing their best player in Bustos.

I think Terran Campbell deserves a look at a higher level league. Strong, fast, and reasonably skilled. Manages to mix things up and get on the end of balls in the box. I can think of worse ideas for a sub striker than someone of that profile.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Do you think Perez will take this match seriously and put out a full strength side? With him likely only being on until the end of the season, will he care if TFC win the Voyageurs Cup qualify for champions league?

Manning cares - squad will be standard lots of Canadians plus enough of the good people to score goals.

Our defence will likely be Zavs & Singh but the midfield will include Osorio & Okello. Peruzza to start up top beside Shaffleberg & maybe Soteldo. Those 5 alone should mean goals scored enough to beat York.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Manning cares - squad will be standard lots of Canadians plus enough of the good people to score goals.

Our defence will likely be Zavs & Singh but the midfield will include Osorio & Okello. Peruzza to start up top beside Shaffleberg & maybe Soteldo. Those 5 alone should mean goals scored enough to beat York.
    I mean, I bet Vancouver said the same thing last night too… but at face value, totally agree
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-27-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I wonder if Perez is going to go to 5 at the back - Singh was good with that extra protection in the games that earned him his contract - and we really only have one quality, reliable and effective CB, Mavinga, at the moment. It hides the weaknesses of Zavaleta and Gonzo to some extent and there is Morrow too.

Separately, what a joy to watch the game last night. Pacific were full value.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wonder if Perez is going to go to 5 at the back - Singh was good with that extra protection in the games that earned him his contract - and we really only have one quality, reliable and effective CB, Mavinga, at the moment. It hides the weaknesses of Zavaleta and Gonzo to some extent and there is Morrow too.

please not singh, we don't want to forfeit the game before it starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Annnnd.. Dos Santos is gone in Vancouver, despite a seven-game league unbeaten streak.

Embarrassed the owners' group with that Pacific loss, maybe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Annnnd.. Dos Santos is gone in Vancouver, despite a seven-game league unbeaten streak.

Embarrassed the owners' group with that Pacific loss, maybe.

Thinking is they were not renewing Dos Santos for next year so were looking for an excuse that wasn't possible with the latest results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad about MdS. I'd actually take him at TFC, since I think it's more about the dysfunction of the Whitecaps upper management than what he had to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Too bad about MdS. I'd actually take him at TFC, since I think it's more about the dysfunction of the Whitecaps upper management than what he had to work with.
    No thanks. Whitecaps might be dysfunctional but he’s no MLS coach. Bizarre decisions from the coaching box. No consistency, too much of a tinkerer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In bizarre former club folk news, Rachel Bonnetta just landed a sitcom deal on TBS playing a version of her own life. I kid you not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney with the in game discussion of LAG that describes our issues to a T as well, both in how LAG is playing & how LAFC is on defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake me up next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I know there had been some discussion about Pozuelo and his family remaining in Spain, he posted an Instagram story with his family that looks like it's at his Toronto home, but not entirely sure. Either way, good to see him reuniting with them as he had been away from them for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's testament to how little reporting there is on our players' lives that I had zero idea Jozy had a kid.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/al...a-tennis-news/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II had 8 first team players in the lineup last night.

This is how it went

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II had 8 first team players in the lineup last night.

This is how it went

Cripes, what a shit show we are.

They're not just unready for MLS, they have trouble competing at USL-1

If the motivation is so lacking due to their first team contracts to realize they have to produce even when two levels down, it's clear they were signed too soon.

I mean, these guys have been playing together for YEARS. And that's what they produce?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to look at the goals against. It was 2-0 by the 6th minute. Wow.

Some people who watched the game commented here:
    https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/f...e/12/#comments

"JMR Started for TFCII last night in a 2-0 loss. Was subbed out in the mid-2nd half. Played wide right. Got a decent amount of touches but really did nothing all night. This is the second TFCII match I’ve seen him in the past month and he’s been totally anonymous in both.
    Seems like this is turning into a wasted year for the youngster. For all the hype he got (which for me was never substantiated at all), it’s surprising to see him play at such a low level and barely seem up to it. I’m assuming he’ll be getting plenty of time the rest of the year with TFCII (or even I) so we’ll see if he can start to show something."

"I watched about 15 mins but not enough to truly judge. In that time.e Okello looked lazy and half arsed. Rutty had a couple of nice runs with no end product, Nelson did nothing, peruzza was invisible and I missed the goals but shipping 3 probably isn't a great sign for Dunn and Singh."

"Generally agree - Nelson showed some ability but wasn’t ambitious enough and looked to be coasting. Singh was the best of all them and Dunn struggled the most. The commentators even called Dunn out at one point in the first half for all his errors. If that’s what the TFC coaches are seeing on a regular basis it’s no surprise that he hasn’t had a chance with the first team."
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"JMR Started for TFCII last night in a 2-0 loss. Was subbed out in the mid-2nd half. Played wide right. Got a decent amount of touches but really did nothing all night. This is the second TFCII match I’ve seen him in the past month and he’s been totally anonymous in both.
    Seems like this is turning into a wasted year for the youngster. For all the hype he got (which for me was never substantiated at all), it’s surprising to see him play at such a low level and barely seem up to it. I’m assuming he’ll be getting plenty of time the rest of the year with TFCII (or even I) so we’ll see if he can start to show something."

"I watched about 15 mins but not enough to truly judge. In that time.e Okello looked lazy and half arsed. Rutty had a couple of nice runs with no end product, Nelson did nothing, peruzza was invisible and I missed the goals but shipping 3 probably isn't a great sign for Dunn and Singh."

"Generally agree - Nelson showed some ability but wasn’t ambitious enough and looked to be coasting. Singh was the best of all them and Dunn struggled the most. The commentators even called Dunn out at one point in the first half for all his errors. If that’s what the TFC coaches are seeing on a regular basis it’s no surprise that he hasn’t had a chance with the first team."
    Sounds just like the first team. I think it’s safe to say at this point that the current management has destroyed any semblance of the TFC that won a treble only four years ago. You rarely see players give up to this level on any team in MLS, let alone a team that’s supposed to be good. This level of apathy is generally reserved for teams with FOs that are known to be a horrible mess. Seems to me, the line between causation and results is clear, as almost every prospect at this team reflects the same reality, an inability to properly assess and motivate players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Sounds just like the first team. I think it’s safe to say at this point that the current management has destroyed any semblance of the TFC that won a treble only four years ago. You rarely see players give up to this level on any team in MLS, let alone a team that’s supposed to be good. This level of apathy is generally reserved for teams with FOs that are known to be a horrible mess. Seems to me, the line between causation and results is clear, as almost every prospect at this team reflects the same reality, an inability to properly assess and motivate players.
    That report is so bleak. Jesus Christ.

I suggested earlier this year that maybe Curtis was selling them on us being a youth development mill like NYRB or Philly and people suggested that wasn't the case.

But the obvious overhype of these kids -- and no actual discussion by the front office in the media of Priso, the one with enough actual talent AND physical skills to obviously make it -- seems to demonstrate a pattern of crooked salesman-like duplicity.

I think our GM saw a team with cups and finals wins and thought he could sell our teenagers out the door before they were found out, like a car salesmen selling a lemon with a fresh coat of wax.

I've seen Rutty play exactly twice in two years and he hasn't looked ready in either. He has ball skills, as does Nelson, but the drive, athleticism, desire and intelligence just don't seem to be there for any of them other than Priso and Shaffelburg.

Okello looks close but unfocussed. But Singh, Dunn, JMR, Nelson... these were supposed to be blue-chippers; they have first team deals for fuck's sake! HOW?!? The only explanation is he's either the worst talent valuator in history or he was trying to be duplicitous and sneaky.

Our club is aware that Bayern and other big euro clubs have scouting associates in this country, right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching the decision making here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being honest, only Priso and potentially Okello (if he works on the defensive side of his game) have shown they have what it takes to play at MLS level so far.

singh, dunn and a bunch of these guys will probably be playing CPL within a couple of years, and i wish them all the best.

Nelson and JMR are still young, very raw, but with obvious talent. need to be managed well and with intelligence over the next couple years. so if we're stuck with curtis, they are shot out of luck, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Manning/Curtis are well aware of the tactical trends as mentioned in this mlssoccer.com article.

Notice the third point is called "high pressing is on the rise"

Chris Armas anyone? lol

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/three...021-mls-season