Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando has listed Daryl Dike as a healthy scratch for their next game, which I would guess indicates an imminent transfer. They also put a $10M bid in, allegedly, for an Argentine number 10 yesterday, so the timing would match up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Orlando has listed Daryl Dike as a healthy scratch for their next game, which I would guess indicates an imminent transfer. They also put a $10M bid in, allegedly, for an Argentine number 10 yesterday, so the timing would match up.

So was Poz.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    So was Poz.....

Poz absence was late & explained by TFC coms before the game. Dike is 2 days early - either he has something he needs to work out personally or he's about to be transferred.

FWIW, I think the asking price for Dike is ridiculously high. He played route 1 with Burnley & was decent enough at that level but he's not worth 10 million

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Poz absence was late & explained by TFC coms before the game. Dike is 2 days early - either he has something he needs to work out personally or he's about to be transferred.

FWIW, I think the asking price for Dike is ridiculously high. He played route 1 with Burnley & was decent enough at that level but he's not worth 10 million
    *barnsley

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    *barnsley

Ugh...my Lanky ancestors keep whispering in my ears it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dike is well worth that in English transfer terms. I watched most of his Barnsley games, and the guy scored multiple highlight reel goals. He hit a brilliant curling screamer from a tough angle outside the box, he beat back lines with movement and through balls, he tipped in sliding crosses, he knocked in headers.

He looked better than the team he was playing on and better than the league he was playing in.

Having said that, he's only 20 and I don't think they're going to get the $20M they want. I understood Everton had prepared a $17M offer but then Garber came out and called him a "$20M player", so perhaps they've cooled.

But he's been scouted by Brighton, Everton, Tottenham. He's only twenty and English folk think if he's brought up right at a Prem club he could be the next Lukaku.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know power rankings are bullshit, but man, MLSsoccer.com has pretty much always shit on Toronto. We tie Nashville and run most of the game, and they drop us two places.

Meanwhile ESPN has us up one, which makes a whole lot more sense given how everyone else performed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know power rankings are bullshit, but man, MLSsoccer.com has pretty much always shit on Toronto. We tie Nashville and run most of the game, and they drop us two places.

Meanwhile ESPN has us up one, which makes a whole lot more sense given how everyone else performed.
    In 2017 we didn't take the top spot until very late that season and only up into 2nd in August but Seattle can go 1 in 5 and stay top 3.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Cinci just ditched their GM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Cinci just ditched their GM
    Maybe we can trade them Curtis for some GAM before the deadline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe we can trade them Curtis for some GAM before the deadline.
    To be honest, I would trade him even for a bag of 5-6 footy balls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci pitch invader video

Stam barely noticed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/s...50868823134239

Mine, of course, was watching TFC win the 2017 MLS Cup at BMO Field. Many others will choose the night of 11/30/16 when the Reds beat Montreal in that thrilling series, that I was not there for live!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bit of topic, but have watched the last 2 games of Furuhashi who recently joined Celtic from Japan, for around 4.6 million quid.It's early days but holy shit does he look good. His movement off the ball is a joy to watch so far, and his finishing has been pretty good (hat trick in opening league game), although tougher tests will come for him. We tend as fans to focus merely on South America and Europe for talent esp in re to DP's.This lad is only 26, hopefully our scouting network are broadening their outlook when assessing talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    bit of topic, but have watched the last 2 games of Furuhashi who recently joined Celtic from Japan, for around 4.6 million quid.It's early days but holy shit does he look good. His movement off the ball is a joy to watch so far, and his finishing has been pretty good (hat trick in opening league game), although tougher tests will come for him. We tend as fans to focus merely on South America and Europe for talent esp in re to DP's.This lad is only 26, hopefully our scouting network are broadening their outlook when assessing talent.
    Their board and the media looked all ready to chuck Ange Postecoglou to the lions and he brings over a player who has real hunger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their board and the media looked all ready to chuck Ange Postecoglou to the lions and he brings over a player who has real hunger.
    in fairness to him, the 19 yr old Israeli lad Abada has been an excellent signing so far as well. Another market that has potential that maybe clubs don't fully tap into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    in fairness to him, the 19 yr old Israeli lad Abada has been an excellent signing so far as well. Another market that has potential that maybe clubs don't fully tap into.

Yeah, good point. The middle east, too, instability notwithstanding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I watched Seattle had a pretty commanding performance against Tigres in leagues cup last night
    I saw the score from SKC and they got hammered by Leon 6-1
    *remember that time we beat them lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    From what I watched Seattle had a pretty commanding performance against Tigres in leagues cup last night
    I saw the score from SKC and they got hammered by Leon 6-1
    *remember that time we beat them lol

KC played six kids under age 21 with Vermese saying he wouldn't "risk" regular starters for the contest. So he made a joke of it and his team was humiliated. Why even take part!?

Seattle pulled Tigres to pieces. It was so one-sided, the Sounders looked like they could play in the Prem.

Maybe Tigres was just undermotivated, or maybe Herrera has been found out for being the enormous, obnoxious blowhard he is. After the game he said the ref "was Panamanian and against us."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh okay I didn't know SKC played 6 kids, but yeah even then..we played the kids against Leon too didn't we? It wasn't that lopsided and we had no pre-season or games beforehand.

Yeah Seattle did look pretty good. Is it just a joke that they have players with 3 digits like no. 192 on Tigres? there are clearly enough numbers under 99 to pick from?? Also how do they make substitutions on the officials board if the board only has 2 numbers on it? lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta gets Pineda

Probably the safest /smartest new hire in MLS this season (although I get the feeling Perez is going to be around longer then this year with us - his mentality & way of thinking fits the organization)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josef Martinez talking truth about his club - another reminder that a successful club identity is a really tough thing to change & maybe its better to get somebody who can work it slowly into something else then try to get somebody who wants to make that change quick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we hire Josef Martinez as a player/GM? He seems to have a better handle on how to build a team than Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Can we hire Josef Martinez as a player/GM? He seems to have a better handle on how to build a team than Ali.
    That was my thought!

Imagine actually looking at what you had in front of you and considering history when formulating a plan rather than dogmatically stating “At Red Bull we did it this way” and just doing the same thing.

Never mind that RBNY hasn’t won a cup, is really just a quasi farm team for the European outfits, and for many other reasons, should have nothing to do with how we run our team here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle another dominating performance against portland. Benezet came in for the last 5 mins and made a nice run into space and got a goal off a breakaway. Couple nice screamers too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an interview with Pirlo in The Athletic. A section of it is basically a come and get me plea to an MLS side to hire him as coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

York United (CPL) beat Master's FA(L1O) in the CanChamp. We will now play York next round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    York United (CPL) beat Master's FA(L1O) in the CanChamp. We will now play York next round.
    Will TFC give York supporters a section?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle put out a "come talk to me disgruntled MLS fans" on twitter last night & its funny how so many of the people who responded are fans of teams in playoff positions.

Anyways, among all that, some discussion that LAFC might part ways with Bob Bradley at the end of the season....if we are interested in another coach who can't figure out defences.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Will TFC give York supporters a section?
    I would think so. It would likely sell more than a few tickets. Got to fill the empty ones someone.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!