Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know about Conway, good or bad, but I think coaching GKs at this level can't be about fundamentals.

Westberg was a career Ligue 2 lifer in France. He is what he is, average at best in MLS. He stopped that PK in Atlanta which means free beers for life in TO, no question, but that's about it.

Bono, in my opinion, is kind of a tragedy. He was really on his way but has seemingly never been the same since he allowed a brutal goal in the 2018 CCL final. I think it got in his head, which makes me feel bad for him. GKs have to learn how to put howlers behind them and keep the confidence of the team, and he hasn't done that (to my eye).

There have been glimpses of the old Bono here and there (that game in Chicago this year) but I fear he is another Frei, someone who needs a restart elsewhere to find his form. I think he should move on and I would wish him the very best (but please, god, don't come back and haunt us like Frei did in the 2016 final!)
    Last edited by ensco; 11-09-2021 at 06:33 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”